The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default If anyone is thinking of buying pop rocks (omeprazole) from Abler.com....

The Island of Vanuatu in the South Pacific where they come from just got hit very badly by a cyclone, mass devastation, many dead, sad situation. They are asking for international help.

You may want to check with abler before purchasing at this point to make sure it can be shipped.

I just got my order today and saw where it came from, very strange to find out about this terrible natural disaster there on the same day....

1 members found this post helpful.

Scary news. ~ Prayers for the people of Vanuatu. ~

Awful. Selfishly hoping mine actually shipped on February 25th as the email said...

Any update on if anyone has heard what's up with them? I was planning on placing an order today. I will try to contact and report back here if someone else doesn't do it first. Sad :-(
    “Working horses is a little like being married. Sometimes you need to adjust and change your plan.”
    Follow Our Journey:
    http://walktrotcanterjump.blogspot.com/

I emailed them last night. Their team in Vanuatu is fine, which is great, they are actually having shipping issues with the post office in the Seychelles so there are delays. They posted on their FB page today that they will keep everyone posted as they sort it all out.

2 members found this post helpful.

I have a couple questions for those of you who have ordered from them recently...

1) Supposedly they ship air mail , registered w/ tracking number.
    I ordered mine on Feb. 25th. I have an order number and supposedly a
    tracking # from USPS regular shipping.

I've been trying to track this # for almost 3 weeks- site says not shipped or preparing to ship. So were you able to track your package??

Also Since it's registered, did you have to sign for it at delivery?

I was going to call them but figured things might be a mess there.

Thanks for any help.

I have 180 ordered in Sept if anyone needs them… pm me.

I ordered mine on Feb 11th, just got them today. If you "like" their Facebook page, they have been putting updates on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Marla 100 View Post
    I have a couple questions for those of you who have ordered from them recently...

I've been trying to track this # for almost 3 weeks- site says not shipped or preparing to ship. So were you able to track your package??

Also Since it's registered, did you have to sign for it at delivery?

I was going to call them but figured things might be a mess there.

Thanks for any help.
    I ordered the same day, what she said was the orders have been hung up in the origin post office and they are trying to deal with it. In past experience, the tracking number doesn't seem to go "live" until it hits the United States. I don't remember if I have had to sign in the past or not.

Per a veterinarian friend: Re Abler products, I chose not to use it because it is produced in India by a manufacturer that is not FDA approved. When we called, they said that they were GMP certified but were unable to provide us with the certification number. I definitely would not feed anything like that to my pets.*

Quote Originally Posted by Marla 100 View Post

I got a shipping update last night that they appear to have arrived in NY..

Quote Originally Posted by Maude View Post
    Per a veterinarian friend: Re Abler products, I chose not to use it because it is produced in India by a manufacturer that is not FDA approved. When we called, they said that they were GMP certified but were unable to provide us with the certification number. I definitely would not feed anything like that to my pets.*
    There are SO many non-FDA approved things that both yourself and your pets are most likely consuming, and it's also VERY likely that they aren't all produced in USA, as well.

Pop rocks have been helpful for MANY people here on COTH, and I've heard of NO negative affects. Of course your vet is going to recommend you treat with UG or GG, they're banking on the chance that you order it through them and therefore they make money off of an already outrageously priced item. Now, it would be a different story if this product were hurting the horses who consume it...Until then, is there really any reason to knock the product? It helps those on a budget to make their horses more comfortable.
    “Working horses is a little like being married. Sometimes you need to adjust and change your plan.”
    Follow Our Journey:
    http://walktrotcanterjump.blogspot.com/

11 members found this post helpful.

Does this stuff cure ulcers or just control the symptoms? Does anyone know if you can get them in Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by Fharoah View Post
    Does this stuff cure ulcers or just control the symptoms? Does anyone know if you can get them in Canada?
    They are omeprazole granules with an enteric coating. Same drug ingredient as Gastrogard/Ulcergard, so yes they cure ulcers. They do work. Yes, you can get them to Canada.

I've ordered 3 times to ship to Ontario with no issues any time. The last time I ordered, I chose free shipping and they arrived 4 days later! (that package shipped from New York - no idea why, but I figured maybe they were going to warehouse them in the US for faster deliveries).
    I've spent most of my life riding horses. The rest I've just wasted.

Thank you where do you order?

Quote Originally Posted by Fharoah View Post
    Thank you where do you order?
    abler.com

This is scary news
    Suntrust locations in your city, state. Suntrust hours & phone numbers. More than 1700 Suntrust bank locations in the USA.

I have a question I've always wanted to ask. Why is this stuff called "pop rocks"? Is that the actual name of the product? When I Google "Pop Rocks" all I get is the candy. When I first started reading on here about people feeding "Pop Rocks" to horses with ulcers, the candy is what came to my mind (and I thought it was weird!) When I went to the website mentioned in this thread, I didn't see "pop rocks" listed under ulcer medications, but maybe I didn't look hard enough.

The reason I ask is because I can totally imagine someone unfamiliar with the product coming here and reading about folks feeding their ulcery horses "pop rocks", Googling it, and then buying packets of exploding candy to feed their horses, lol!
    Just curious.

2 members found this post helpful.

It has always been my understanding Abler produces "Pop Rocks" in India. If so, where does the tie to Vanuatu come in?

For the poster whose vet won't use Abler products: the FDA did test Abler's paste version (AbGard) and found it to contain ~20% more omeprazole than reported. This is a good thing. I believe even approved generics are allowed to contain +/- 20% of the drug. It is true that Abler is not an FDA approved source of omeprazole.

The FDA also tested the PreRace version. Do a seaarch on the actual reported results of the FDA testing of unapproved omeprazole sources. Those results showed the Prerace product contained only 40% of the reported amount! This company is not a little sketchy. It is truely scary. Their products are made in Panama with very little quality control. The address in FL is bogus (an abandoned building). I would never buy anything from this company. Who knows what you're getting?

Quote Originally Posted by rcloisonne View Post
    It has always been my understanding Abler produces "Pop Rocks" in India. If so, where does the tie to Vanuatu come in?
    For some reason they ship from either Vanuatu or the Sechylles