The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

we are leaving tomorrow morning after I ride my horse (gotta get a ride in before I go)

driving down from Michigan

see ya'll there!

We've had 10" of precipitation all YEAR so far in Lex and our forecasts routinely say 50% change of rain. All lies. Don't fret, bring the wellies and the umbrellas and the weather will be divine.
    "Gallop as if you were to die tomorrow, jump as if you were to live forever."

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Here's the NOAA page for Lexington.
    http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...2=-84.4595&e=1

OD, you're right. It'll probably be lovely the whole time; but I was going on MY luck if I forgot to bring to my rain gear.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Whatever you do, DO NOT forget to bring your rain gear. That will most certainly be the catalyst for monsoon weather!
    "Gallop as if you were to die tomorrow, jump as if you were to live forever."

Quote Originally Posted by olympicdreams04 View Post
    Whatever you do, DO NOT forget to bring your rain gear. That will most certainly be the catalyst for monsoon weather!
    YEP! dont forget to bring rain geer...

FYI, if you forget, or just want to splurge, I think BOB is bringing the Outback Raingear. First, it's a major bargain, but second, the price is amazing. You can get an oilskin ponch or the long coat for right about 100.00 I think it is actually cheaper, but don't want to misinform. THEY are WONDERFUL. The poncho even has a hood. Anyway, just thought I would let you know....

meanwhile....so wish I could go.

Have a great time everyone!
    May the sun shine on you daily, and your worries be gone with the wind.
    www.mmceventing.com

I can't remember where I saw this, someone mentioned you may be able to watch it live for free online? Is this true? Or is it through one of the FEI sites where you pay to watch?
    DragonTea

DragonTea

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Default Rolex jog this afternoon and remembering Amy Tryon

Her death didn't really hit home until sitting and watching the Rolex jog. I have memories of her and they are all Rolex connected. I think it was when Comet came through that Amy's death became real. I spent the rest of the jogs, choked up and remembering all my Amy Rolex memories which are not all that many but were of a very gracious human being with a wonderfully kind and outgoing husband to back her up.

I do hope Rolex is planning some sort of tribute to Amy this year.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Rolex makes me think of Amy too. Sad.

Default Funny Fact

Only just realised my husband used to gallop Courageous Comet when he was with David Donk.

Now he won't shut up! Apparently he was a bus, the horse everyone wanted to ride.

Is there anyway of knowing the time for CC because John would love to see him going.

Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

Karen gave a lovely tribute to Amy at the Ocala Horse Trials. I don't know how anyone could just pick up the reins and canter on after listening. It was exceptional and moving.

Nancy

There are loads of folks in green ribbons at Rolex today in remembrance of Amy. Nice tribute!
    Proud supporter of SprotHorseRiders.com

Thats great. I was wondering what the ribbons were for after seeing some on the live feed.

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

Lynn, thanks for the offer. Unfortunately, Tuesday night SOMEHOW I ended up with a bunch of broken fence line. it wasn't overly costly, but it did mean putting off picking up the cows - which now has to be done on Saturday.

Oh well... I'll make it more of a plan for next year (and hope things don't break quite as much).
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    Only just realised my husband used to gallop Courageous Comet when he was with David Donk.

Now he won't shut up! Apparently he was a bus, the horse everyone wanted to ride.

Is there anyway of knowing the time for CC because John would love to see him going.

Terri
    http://www.rk3de.org/timetable.php
    "If you've got a horse, you've got a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by gold2012 View Post
    FYI, if you forget, or just want to splurge, I think BOB is bringing the Outback Raingear. First, it's a major bargain, but second, the price is amazing. You can get an oilskin ponch or the long coat for right about 100.00 I think it is actually cheaper, but don't want to misinform. THEY are WONDERFUL.
    Rolex 2010 was rainy, my husband and I both picked up Outback dusters at VERY reasonable prices...we LOVE them!
    “Always saddle your own horse. Always know what you’re doing. And go in the direction you are heading.” Connie Reeves
    Jump Start Solutions LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bizbachfan View Post
    Hey there, fellow N. Floridian, I am flying but hope to see you there, we will have the yelllow "I come for the lead changes" shirts
    Hey! I used to live there!