The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default When do they post the order of go?

I want ride times!!!

Order of go is already posted I think....

http://www.rk3de.org/entry_list.php

Or at least it looks different....like they are in a different order than they were....
    Busy Bee Farm, Ellijay, GA
    Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly
    Way Back Texas~04/20/90-09/17/08
    Green Alligator "Captain"

SO... are we going to have a COTH "hookup" or something?

it would be cool to meet some of you all

we are getting Thursday night. but, going to Keeneland Friday morning to watch the warm ups and hit breakfast at the track, but, we will be at KHP the rest of the time

Driving down with a friend overnight on Thursday. Hanging out Friday - shopping, watching dressage warmups (didn't pay for seats), walking the course, checking out rest of the horse park, etc. On XC day I plan to be all over the place - I like trying to see all of the course. We are thinking about driving to Louisville afterward to go to opening night at Churchill Downs. And then we have seats for Stadium on Sunday, departing directly after to head back home.

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

I'm thinking that might be order of go, and that maybe Andrew Nicholson won't be bringing one of the two horses that they have scheduled back to back.

Which horses have dropped out? They've been saying 73 for a record, and when I counted I counted 71, but now it seems to be down to sixty-seven or sixty-eight.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

They said that was the order at one point, on Facebook I believe, and linked to that page.

Andrew Nicholson is not only #3 and #4, but also #60 and #61...

We are going Friday morning SUPER early. So we can watch dressage and shop - get a lot of that out of the way and then Sat XC and Sun of course - PROBLEM? I got a room Saturday but not Friday. URGH. We will be looking for a room for that night. The girls are like STAY IN THE CAR! CAMP OUT and I am like - no, I like a room thanks LOL!

Mostly Americans only riding - seemed like last year more internationals - must be due to the Olympics OC.

Excited to see Karen OConner on 2 horses this year.

Slightly off topic but I wanted to call and confirm my hotel reservation for Rolex (booked through Hotwire) last night. A friend of mine suggested checking the National Bed Bug Registry so I did last night (before confirming). The hotel I was going to stay in (Lexington) had 4 reports of bugs! Gross! I called Hotwire and they gave me a refund (luckily) and I booked a NON-BUG hotel (of course it was more $ and there is a lot less selection but at least I found a place). Anyway there were 14 hotels in Lexington with bed bugs. Be careful!

Quote Originally Posted by GoGrnRideIrish View Post
    Slightly off topic but I wanted to call and confirm my hotel reservation for Rolex (booked through Hotwire) last night. A friend of mine suggested checking the National Bed Bug Registry so I did last night (before confirming). The hotel I was going to stay in (Lexington) had 4 reports of bugs! Gross! I called Hotwire and they gave me a refund (luckily) and I booked a NON-BUG hotel (of course it was more $ and there is a lot less selection but at least I found a place). Anyway there were 14 hotels in Lexington with bed bugs. Be careful!
    Blech!!! I didn't know such a registry existed. Thanks for the link, Holiday Inn express is good to go .

I am making a list of the posted COTHer whereabouts and try to meet as many of you as possible. I'm thinking I might get one of those "Hi My Name Is _______" stickers to where on my shirt. Non-COTH folks will think ACME is a really stupid name
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by GoGrnRideIrish View Post
    OMG! I just checked ours and we are not on the list.. thank God

Smartpak will have a list at their booth every morning with times their riders will be stopping by to meet and get autographs. I have two event crazy kids so they are getting rolex ballcaps on day one and getting signatures at Wegs they had a nice boyd poster he signed which i framed and gave to my neice she loved it but I would never stalk Boyd nooooo
    Gallop on

We are driving up on Thurs and either hitting Keeneland on the way in ( we did that last year) or maybe on Friday morning, depending on what Dressage rides we want to see.

This is my second Rolex - I always wanted to go -but never had anyone to go with till I became friends with one of my agility friends.

I am so excited!! I loved it last year!

Getting excited! I'm driving down Friday afternoon. We usually stay overnight Sunday because I'm too danged tired to make the 7 hour drive home. This will be my 8th consecutive Rolex. Holy cow! It's like Christmas for crazy horse people.
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

I checked that list and apparently the Hampton inn in Frankfort has a report from Oct 2011...but nothing since.

Wondered if I called them if they would have to tell me? Also wondering if people can just post on that site if its not really true? I can still cancel...

Cool Rolex

Is the Cross Country course available online anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by relocatedTXjumpr View Post
    I checked that list and apparently the Hampton inn in Frankfort has a report from Oct 2011...but nothing since.

Wondered if I called them if they would have to tell me? Also wondering if people can just post on that site if its not really true? I can still cancel...
    Maybe I would try calling the hotel. You can at least ask if they have treated for them but I don't know if they are "required" to tell you honestly or not. I also don't know if people post on there that are just unhappy with the hotel in general but why would they search out the bed bug registry opposed to a google review? Who knows with some people? I would make sure to check your mattress/bedding before bringing any of your luggage into the room to err on the safe side at any hotel.

I just called them and spoke with a manager who said she has worked there since June of 2010 and has never had any problems with bedbugs. She advised me to scour our room as soon as iarrived and report any problems to her if I found any...

So hopefully thats all good...we have stayed there before, but you never know I guess. Hamptons are normally really nice hotels.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRoo View Post
    Getting excited! I'm driving down Friday afternoon... It's like Christmas for crazy horse people.

I was just going to say this!! The excitement is building daily. It's like Christmas and being a little kid waiting for Santa to get here!

We've just decided to come a day earlier on Thurs b/c so many things to go and do are adding up. My DD missed the college yrs b/c of finals so she's really going to enjoy this again.

For those of you asking about a course map -- it's always in the program, major reason they get sales on those.
    About the only time losing is more fun than winning is when you're fighting temptation.
    -- Tom Wilson, actor & comedian

the hotel we booked had to cases i just saw. one from june of 2010 and one in oct.2011.yikes!
    www.camaloufarms.com

ride it like you stole it! "ralph hill"