The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default vet box

Hey OD04! If you are doing vet box and if it's in the same location as last year, we aren't going to be working too far apart. I'll be one of about 8 people in red aprons walking back and forth between warm-up and the start box. Unfortunately, I won't know until that day what apron number I'll be.
    Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Goethe

So Jimmy is or isnt doing a course walk? Wish I was going! Daughter is getting to go as part of the official farrier crew! So I know she wants to do the coursewalk thing. Will live vicariously thru all you guys!
    May the sun shine on you daily, and your worries be gone with the wind.
    www.mmceventing.com

Default I vote for a Coth group meeting at some point too

I am arriving Thursday afternoon. Will have dinner with family at the Merrick Inn in Lexington..yummy. Friday, KEENLAND!!!!! So far Friday night is free but that may change. Saturday is XC then reining with HJ. Would like to swing by UK and get a fun sweathshirt...GO CATS! Will have to miss the Talbot's outlet this trip...whimper..but will certainly hope to have some bit of time for shopping the trade fair outside of the XC craziness. Am considering starting packing this week. Already have a partially formed plan of attack for clothing..aka layers, rain gear, bathing suit for the hot tub.
    Shoulders back, hands down, leg ON!

http://mellvinshouse.blogspot.com/

I live in Lex and work at KHP, so I am joyfully watching the tents going up this week! I am super excited as one of my best friends is coming in for the weekend and it is going to be a blast. If there is a COTH get together, I am in.

when is Jim's course walk?

I am so excited to go to Rolex again-I went for the first time in 2009, then went in 2010 but didn't go last year. I am bringing the boyfriend along, we are going to drive after work (about 10 hours) on Wednesday to Louisville. Do the Louisville sluggers factory tour then down to Makers Mark for another tour then head to Lexington for 3 days of Rolex and shopping for me! Sounds fair right?

In all honesty he is being a really good sport-especially since his birthday is Saturday, but with the bourbon and beer tents all over I am sure he'll be a pretty happy camper.

Jim Wofford's course walk will be Friday 30 minutes after the last dressage ride of the day. Should be starting at the start box.
    Practical Horseman will have all the information at their tent.

Last year there was fabulous streaming video. For those of us stepchildren on the west coast, does anyone know if they will have that available this year?
    Mystic Owl Sporthorses
    www.mysticowlsporthorses.com

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

Still unsure if I'll make it down this year. Haven't been in a few and debating if I can afford it. (last time I was down was the year Lainey Ashker crashed). If I do, it will be Saturday only and unless its raining, I'd probably have the mutt with me (5yo Newfie)... so fairly easy to spot.
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

Will be there Fri-Sun! Cannot wait! I will be there with my 1yo lab. She will be in a yellow vest that says "Future Guide Dog." Lots of great exposure for her being a future seeing eye dog!

FYI....If you are military or a family member of military...the first 500 through the gate Friday get tickets to the reining cup.

Are we going to try to do a get together?

tle, thats the last year we went as well...REALLY hoping to NOT see anything like that again this year, we were at the basket jump when it happened.

We are staying in Frankfort...as I remember the drive to the park wasnt bad at all.
    Busy Bee Farm, Ellijay, GA
    Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly
    Way Back Texas~04/20/90-09/17/08
    Green Alligator "Captain"

Default Can you buy tickets for Sat at the gate?

Thinking of driving up from FL for the weekend. If we want to see the cross country on Sat can we buy tickets at the gate or do we need to buy them online now? Thanks!
    Finally in FL, loving the weather but still missing the Green Mountains!!

We are flying in to Louisville on Wednesday night. Watching dressage on Thursday. Friday is a VERY SPECIAL day for us. My cousin Mackenzie Spaes will be doing a demonstration ride on her wonder horse, Rupert (Ripple Effect), during lunch time as part of their Eventing 101 demos (she rides Preliminary and is 17). So my 8 year old Pony Clubber daughter and I will be assisting her before and after the demo. It'll be cool to be inside the barns even if we aren't near the Rolex horses (not sure where we'll be). We are hoping to do Jimmy's course walk too but we need to get Rupert back home at some point.

Saturday XC of course. Sunday for Stadium which I am very excited about as I have never been able to stay for the entire weekend and usually leave on Sunday. We are leaving on Monday this year. Shopping will be scattered throughout although we have a very limited budget so we will mostly be window shopping and drooling.
    Grab mane and kick on!

Coming up Thursday in time for the pm dressage sessions - staying at my daughters place in Paris. Big excitement this year is that our good friend Brittany Kart and Ollie will be competing!

If anyone wants to exchange cell numbers PM me...might be nice to meet you guys!
    Busy Bee Farm, Ellijay, GA
    Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly
    Way Back Texas~04/20/90-09/17/08
    Green Alligator "Captain"

I'll be camping and will be down Wednesday in time for the jog, watching dressage and have a couple meetings on Friday and then am also an Area Steward for XC. I've got the area that includes the first water & will have my green golf cart on Saturday. Staying to watch SJ on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by clint View Post
    Last year there was fabulous streaming video. For those of us stepchildren on the west coast, does anyone know if they will have that available this year?
    USEF Network will be streaming all the dressage, cross country, show jumping and the awards ceremony, free (bless their hearts)!

Go to the USEF website and click on USEF network. The have the schedule and times up under "broadcast schedule".
    Last edited by skydy; Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Punctuation

My DH is taking a fire investigation class all week, so I will not be able to stay all day on Thursday and Friday. It would not be fair to my dog, so I need to get home to let her out during the day.

DH and I are doing crowd control/crossing guards on Saturday. I hope that we get put where we were last year (head of the lake). It was sweet to be that close, without having to work hard to get a good spot.

I plan on shopping on Thursday and Sunday. I need to find a cream colored shirt and stock tie.
    When in Doubt, let your horse do the Thinking!

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

If anyone is interested in getting together, I'll be happy to send my cell phone. Just PM. I hope my crossing guard spot is somewhere as good as it was for WEG.

I'd still like to do the Indian restaurant one night.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

I'll be driving golf carts for CKRH on Thursday. It's usually pretty quiet early, so just wave if you need a pick up!

Just a tip: if you're staying for the full event and someone offers you a ride on Thursday or Friday, take it. You're feet will thank you on Sunday