The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Default Rolex 2012--Official thread

It's getting so close to Rolex time that I thought a single thread for all thoughts and questions about this year's competition would not be out of order.

Will there be a COTH get together this year?
    Last edited by vineyridge; Apr. 25, 2012 at 07:23 PM.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

oooh...I hope so! I will be flying in Friday, hoping to watch some dressage in between meetings, then xc stewarding Saturday and watching the SJ Sunday. I did not make my flight until Monday am this year, so will be able to stay until the end. If anyone else will be around and wants to go out for dinner Sunday night, I'd be up for that.
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

Default trade fair vendor list

Don't they post this somewhere? I mean, how is one supposed to PLAN!?

I'll be blogging little bits and pieces at behindthebitblog.com. Looking forward to comments on this board.
    http://behindthebitblog.com
    Dressage, riding, sport horse blog

It is a little tricky to find but here it is:

http://www.rk3de.org/trade_fair.php

I'll be in warm-up all day Saturday and then at the reining event in the evening.
    Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Goethe

I'm driving down some time on Thursday, have an Area Steward meeting on Friday (volunteering) and plan to do most of my shopping on Friday. Saturday is volunteering all day and we are having a "tailgate" party . . . to which all COTHers are cordially invited! I think we're slot #33 and it will be the Great Lakes Equestrian Center Official Tailgate Party. I may not get to see much of it, but I am stewarding in that general vicinity so if you go by the party, maybe look for me behaving officially somewhere nearby.

I always head out early on Sunday so rarely even head over to the Park. Home by 3pm is the goal so I can catch a ride on one of my own, maybe.
    Click here before you buy.

I'm being an interior crossing guard on XC again. That's all I'm qualified to do. But have the Friday evening meeting as well.

Anybody up for Indian food after the volunteer meeting? There's a very good Indian restaurant in Hamburg Place or was in January--a white table cloth place, but the food is good and not all that expensive.

Coming in Wednesday, will watch dressage Thursday and Friday, have an Area Steward's meeting Friday and will be out on XC all day Saturday, hopefully having a quieter day than last year!!

We are staying in the Microtel near Hamburg Place, so Indian food might be nice. Have friends coming along who have great senses of humor and are a lot of fun to be around.

Ill be driving up Thursday (after my horse horse gets his staples removed from surgery)....and picking a friend up at the airport who is flying in...

We plan to visit Keenland early Friday AM to watch the workouts, then head over to watch a bit of dressage before shopping until we drop!!

We are staying at the Hampton in Frankfort....is there a get together planned?
    Busy Bee Farm, Ellijay, GA
    Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly
    Way Back Texas~04/20/90-09/17/08
    Green Alligator "Captain"

Yah. My question is whether we "red-headed stepchildren" on the west coast will even RECEIVE the Rolex preview before we leave for Kentucky. Bleeah. I NEVER receive any preview issues until AFTER the event - ANY event - is over and done with and I know who won.

COTH is available on line . . .
    Click here before you buy.

Every year that I've been to Rolex, the COTH preview issue has been available free or comes with the Official Program. So even if you didn't get yours in the email, you could get it at the Horse Park.

Will COTH be doing that again this year? I know they will be having a booth at the trade fair.

Another question is Wi-Fi access. One year (2010?) COTH had Wi-Fi available in their booth.

I am coming in Wed night, look forward to meeting some COTHers! Doing Claiborne farms tour Thursday am but plan to spend the rest of the time at the Park.

this is where we are staying, http://www.vrbo.com/144330

Quote Originally Posted by bizbachfan View Post
    I am coming in Wed night, look forward to meeting some COTHers! Doing Claiborne farms tour Thursday am but plan to spend the rest of the time at the Park.

this is where we are staying, http://www.vrbo.com/144330
    Um . . . maybe the COTH party should be at your place? That makes my budget motel look like, well, a budget motel
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

I know such a cool place!

I'm making a whirlwind trip for my first ever Rolex. Look for me!

We are flying in Friday morning.doing the course walk then shopping and then keenland
    www.camaloufarms.com

ride it like you stole it! "ralph hill"

I'm going to be there Tuesday night through Sunday night. I just hope I don't get crippled again from blisters on my hooves and back spasms from being vertical too long.

Where can we find a schedule of things? I know there is the OTTB symposium on Saturday after XC and the FEH exhibition at noon on Friday; Wofford's course walk will conflict with the volunteer meeting, but will there be a course walk on Thursday? The FEH exhibition isn't even on the official schedule, but they are definitely having it Friday during lunch break at the Walnut arena.

Who IS doing course walks? And when? The course opens Wednesday afternoon, so there might be someone doing one then.

Im bringing my niece and 10 year old son. We're driving up from Atlanta weds doing dressage and shopping thurs going to keeneland fri, cc sat and sj sun. At weg smartpak had riders come by their booth are they doing that at rolex??
    Gallop on

Eric Dierks and Ralph Hill course walk on Friday I believe. I live in Lex and after I get flower crew duties done with this wk and next I will be enjoying Rolex Thur and Fri, Vetboxing Sat and shopping Sunday a couple of years ago Pink Diamond Racing and I orchestrated the pizza party. Perhaps the best COTH get together wd b at a tailgating site for lunch Sat?
    "Gallop as if you were to die tomorrow, jump as if you were to live forever."

Default thanks holly!

Got it -- now I can do my own prep for Rolex. Leaving Thurs, then coming home sunday on my first plan trip with two layovers, one in charlotte, one in philly.
    http://behindthebitblog.com
    Dressage, riding, sport horse blog