The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Many jingles here in GA!

I don't need my curb chain on my double any more [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] so I've taken it off and put it on my wrist instead. Jingling full time for those who need a little extra luck.

Hope this resolves itself....somehow. Sounds like one of those toughies, all we can do is wish you the best of luck!
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

Good thing I bought a brand new curb chain this weekend!

Jingle jangle jingle janglie janglie

and <<<<<< Hugs to Willem and Coreene >>>>>>
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

I don't nott to have ein double bridle yet, so I haff beed squeeking mine poofen stall monkey for your Opa. Das is mein favoriten stall toy.
    Meine liebchen Ariel, she haff jingled her kicking chains. Mein modder (I loff her) haff ein hound-dog, his name it be Charlie, und he haff jingled his collar tags und flapped his ears.

Ugh. It sucks to have aging parents and to watch them struggle through various diseases.

As with all things in life, though, attitude can determine so much; and I am certain that your father will do what he feels is best for him.

My fingers are crossed, my body parts clenched, the curb chains are a-jingling for a successful surgery and complete recovery.

In the meantime, do what you can, be your father's medical advocate - and take care of yourself.

You're in my thoughts, darling.

Today or tomorrow he is having some peripheral vision test which will show more clearly how much the vision is being affected. He now just wants it out, rather today than tomorrow, and I can totally understand. And of course it doesnt' help when the one dr says "Well, it's going to be much, much more difficult than the last time."

Too bad that Willem's Cushings medicine doesn't work for peeps!

But thank you thank you thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I KNOW they are working!
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Prayers and strength coming your way.

Prayers and strength coming your way.
    one oak, lots of canyons

http://horsesportnews.wordpress.com/

My thoughts are with you, Correne.

SillyHorse
    ~ I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to.

Quote Originally Posted by SuzieQNutter
    The whip is held across your thigh so as you can still hold the reins without spilling your coffee!!
    SillyHorse adds: Or your wine.

\"in the wind, and rain, looking for the sun..................\"

We be jinglin girlfriend...And saying some of those prayers for your papa...Am so sorry to hear this...

and your wild ride as your family deals with this ever-changing crisis. Takes a lot of courage to get through this stuff.

I am dealing with my mother's stroke and resulting eye damage, and I know a bit of what you are going through. You will be in my prayers.

Sending lots of Loff and prayers to Coreene and her family! It's very tough but I'm sure the people who will be charged with his care will be the very finest.

I'm thinking of you Coreene!

For the truth that binds us all together
    I would like to say a simple prayer
    That at this special time you will have true peace of mind
    And loff to last throughout the coming year ~The Christmas Wish
    F O.B
    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique

Hello Herr Papa Willem Daddy.

I miss you and I am very sorry for you and Correennie's Opa.

I have a special branch I hold in my mouth and bounce and it sometimes makes things happen. I loff it very much and I will bounce it every day for your Opa.

I loff you ... and Missy Corrennie too. <Duc turns sorrel and runs away very fast.>

Le Duc de Willem
    (but you can call me Duc-ster)
    Le Duc de Willem
    (but you can call me Duc-ster)

OK I beed zo sorry fur not be posting mir. My modder (I loff her) haft been im NYC fur die NEW YEAR und she beed taken us alles mit her. I can't not be posting mit die laptop. Die keyboard is zo small fur typing und it don't not be haben voice recognition zoftware, so posting it be nicht zo gute.

Willem und Coreene I habt die curb chain im my stall. It be hanging where alles die people, horsjes und me can be jingling it alles die time. We haft beed jingling zo much dat our haus haft die new name. Now it be called Die Hummer becose we be machen die noise always. Your Opa be getting most off da gute stuff from this becose he be close, geographically.

We loff you

xoxoxoxoxoxox

Dorina
    See those flying monkeys? They work for me.

Jingle jingle....Coreene I wanted to share a story that my 12th grade teacher told me - his Father-in-law was given 6 months to live after doctors discovered a tumor in his brain. He refused treatment; I think in his case it wasn't very treatable anyways. Apparently, he would go every day into his garden, and lean on his shovel. He would stand there for an hour every day, thinking nothing but positive thoughts. Six months later, the doctors were flabberghasted that the tumor had disappeared. He is still alive, years later, and with no signs of the cancer returning. This is a true story. Jingle, jingle. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

Still jingling in KY... Chin up out there, think great thoughts and we are all praying and jingling for your opa!!

And Coreene, you parents are most definitely invited to Il Pastaio! I want to meet the amazing people that gave us on the board such a wonderful friend...

California Dreamin...
    Not all who wander are lost.

Ralando II

The old curb is getting more of a workout now than when it was ON a bridle.

Jingling hard for you Willem and Coreene - and sending as many positive thoughts your way as I can.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Maybe I should construct a curb chain necklace vs. a bracelet? Would that help? http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...n_confused.gif

Willem...and your dahling mama, Coreene, and her pap..Curb chains a jingling and prayers a flying. Having just barely one year in remission from breast cancer...I feel for y'all and just know that a positive attitude (which I KNOW you guys have) will get you all through this too. Keep us posted...your COTH family is with you, just like "the Force". Midnight's Momma

~~~~~ "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~ \"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.\" Albert Einstein

Right now he's having the next big test, which is for the peripheral vision. If that is starting to go, then they will do the surgery sooner. If the blood test shows any sign of diabetes, which is also a result of Cushings, ditto.

I knew they could not get all the tumor out last time, so since it was benign we sighed with relief and yet knew we'd have to go through this again at some point. Apparently though, in 89% of of people where it is completely removed, it still will come back from scratch.

I do not overlook the fact that it is benign, which is a huge relief. It's not the tumor that might get him, it's the enormity of the surgery and what the effect may be (last time they accidentally cut a nerve which controls his right eyebrow being able to move - unavoidable, but at the same time it still means that the eyebrow doesn't move). But even that you take into context, sort of like "Well, I'd trade an eyebrow or a cheek movement if I could make sure the eyesight was status quo."
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Late to the game, but jingling hard! Hope the test results come back good.

xoxo