The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Good news!!!! Jingles work [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    **Member of the Ocularly Challenged Equine Support Group**

Found out today that it is more than twice the size of before, and that removing it will be a bit of a nightmare because they will have a hard time doing it and not ruining his sight or his facial muscles. So he is going to have extra tests this coming week on the peripheral vision (this is the first thing that is screwed up), and another blood test because the Cushings part in people makes diabetes come on much faster than in horses.

He is now so PO-ed about it that he is going to Holland in a few weeks to see his family, '"Just in case." And that is damn scary.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

So Sorry. Best wishes.

It's a bit cold to roll in mud here, and there are 25 inches of schnee here. I'll let Merry do my nekkid mud rolling, no one wants to see that anyhow. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I'm so happy that the prayers and curb chains have done their job!

I hope Coreene's Papa continues to feel better.

For the truth that binds us all together
    I would like to say a simple prayer
    That at this special time you will have true peace of mind
    And loff to last throughout the coming year ~The Christmas Wish
    F O.B
    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique

(((((((hugs)))))))) to your dad.
    I remember when my dad had cancer in one eye, had it removed, and started having major problems with the other eye. He immediately went on a cruise, then flew to Latvia to see his family, and then went to Disneyworld, "just in case". You know what? His vision in that other eye ended up just fine, and I have confidence that your Dad is in the same type of situation. But geez, it sucks to think about it.
    I will say big prayers for your dad.....but I am confident he will come through just fine, he looks very strong.
    love and hugs,
    Linda

>^.,.^<

"If you can't convince them, confuse them" -Dr. Seuss

~~Linda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?

Your niece, Maddy, is the biggest chestnut klutz in the world and yet she jumped around World Cups this year within a sneeze (literally!) of being clean. (Although I think she is your aunt, not your niece). Your mom is going to find careful, committed surgeons who are going to do a wonderful job and do it soon, and your grandfather is going to have a most excellent trip to the lowlands and then carry on as the prins of California. Your job is to stay focused, think positive thoughts, and for gods sake keep all four feet on the ground at the mounting block! Go Oranje!

Oh Coreene, sorry for the sudden reversal of news! I understand, though, what the docs are saying: sometimes the "cure" is as fraught with problems as the "disease".

Having dealt with facial muscle and nerve damage myself, I know how demoralizing it can be, if indeed he is forced to confront that. But he sounds like he has great inner strength and resolve, and a loving family who'll support him, so I'm sure he'll get through this. Besides, he has ALL OF US jingling away for him! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Now excuse me. It's a lovely day and Willem and I are going to go roll in the mud together...

And if I say that often enough, even I start to believe it.

Were it me, I'd just want the damn thing out - and today rather than tomorrow. But since this is one of the rare times that we have no insight into what is going on in my dad's head (well, aside from the rude tumor), so he keeps blowing it off like no big deal 99% of the time and we just have to follow his lead, at least in front of him.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Coreene:
    But since this is one of the rare times that we have no insight into what is going on in my dad's head (well, aside from the rude tumor), so he keeps blowing it off like no big deal 99% of the time and we just have to follow his lead, at least in front of him.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm with you, I'd want it OUT too.

You know, you are right....if your dad had any feelings of urgency, *then* you can worry. Deep down, we "know" if something is terribly wrong with our bodies, and if he's mostly blowing it off, then it must not be too awful. Gotta trust those gut feelings.
    Be strong, believe in your dad and his gut feelings, and know that we are all here for you and will be jingling and praying for your dad.
    We loff you!!!!

&gt;^.,.^&lt;

"If you can't convince them, confuse them" -Dr. Seuss

~~Linda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?

More jingles coming your way. Lots of {{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}, too!

but its gotta lot of jingles left. Hang in there Willem and Coreene!!

mizzwade
    mizzwade

Ooh sorry Coreene and Willem. I hope the tests turn out better.

Jingle jingle jingle Jingle jingle jingle Jingle jingle jingle Jingle jingle jingle Jingle jingle jingle Jingle jingle jingle

Home of the RPSI & AWR approved stallion, Remarkable. Homozygous for BLACK! Auction for Aiden!
    The ALL NEW *I hate Physical Therapy Clique* |*MidWest Clique* | *Crippled Knee Clique*

\"in the wind, and rain, looking for the sun..................\"

Jingle jangle jingle jangle jingle jangle jingle jangle

So sorry Coreene, this is not what we have been jingling for. But we will keep on jangling and jingling. Don't you get down from all of this. He needs your strength too..Plus remember, they have to tell you the worse that can happen to cover themselves...

I posted after your other report and didn't see the disappointing update. I think I have to buy a big draft horse curb chain. Your Dad (and Mom and you too) are all in my prayers. I'll light a candle atchurch in the am.

{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}

For the truth that binds us all together
    I would like to say a simple prayer
    That at this special time you will have true peace of mind
    And loff to last throughout the coming year ~The Christmas Wish
    F O.B
    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique

I've been jingling right along, but *silently*....Now Flash and I will start to make some NOISE.

Putting the jang in the jangle for you all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Coreene:
    But since this is one of the rare times that we have no insight into what is going on in my dad's head (well, aside from the rude tumor), so he keeps blowing it off like no big deal 99% of the time and we just have to follow his lead, at least in front of him.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Coreene, I am jingling my bright, shiny, aurigan curb chain extra for your dad.

His picture depicts an intelligent man full of life, and I think his plans to go on the trip are great. I am sure you are angry that this is happening and you feel helpless, but your posts show what great respect and love you have for your father. My mom died when I was 12 and my dad died when I was a new mother of 24 (he never saw his grandson) and gosh, I just want to say give your folks a special hug because they are precious precious precious.

I wish you all the best, give your dad a hug from Kentucky. Let him go on his trip and then you all can have a good time going over pics after his surgery, which will be wildly successful.

Sorry to ramble, I just feel a little emotional tonight I guess...

Oh, tell Willem not to worry too much. The doctors know what they are doing. Just need to trust them... (it's hard, I know.)

"I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship."
    -Louisa May Alcott
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." ~ Jack Layton

Jingles needed? On the way.

Stay strong

Jingle Jangle Jingle.....

and some {{{{HUGS}}}}

"I have a great love of animals and laughter."
    - Walt Disney

Jingling curb chains, spurs, coins, gate latches, stud chains, bucket loops, dog tags, and sending a lot of prayers that the update will be encouraging...

Hang in there, Coreene and Willem!
    one oak, lots of canyons

http://horsesportnews.wordpress.com/

He haff sayed to me, becose I know every thing, "Willem, wot do you think it be der best thing I can to do now?" und I haff sayed to him "Karotten, karotten, karotten."

------------------------
    I haff sayed this be fore, I be ein German horse und this it be straight from mein mouth.
    ------------------------
    I haff sayed this be fore, I be ein German horse und this it be straight from mein mouth.