The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Mud Boots?

I'm visiting from hunter/jumper land with a question: What boots will survive a sand ring, won't hold water, and won't hold heat against the tendon? The barn I'm at has an indoor but I don't trust the footing in it. We have a sand all-weather ring that stays fairly nice all winter (it doesn't freeze solid here, it just rains), but it does have a thin layer of a water/sand mix on top just after rains that makes me nervous about using polos (weight and sagging) and my Veredus Carbongel boots (I'd rather these didn't get torn up by the sand at home and I try to reserve them for shows).
    Suggestions? I figured this would be right up eventland's alley. You all ride over more types of ground than those of us who jump sticks in sand boxes!

I use woof boots for every day riding. They clean up well and don't get soggy. And they are relatively inexpensive.

What boots will survive a sand ring, won't hold water, and won't hold heat against the tendon?
    Every boot holds heat against the tendon - compared to NO boot - buy Woof Boots if your outdoor is not toooo wet, if winter IS rain, then invest in a pair of NEW's instead

I picked up these in a bargain bin & would've paid regular price for the black version (they do wash up very nicely but as I mostly just rinse & go, they get a bit dingey about the edges)

Brushing Boot 'Lite'
    Extremely hard wearing, yet soft pliable with orthopaedic foam lining. A totally waterproof boot that can be hosed, rinsed or machine washed - just shake dry and go riding.

Rather annoying that I can't link to the product without going into the Shopatron

Those NEW boots look pretty nifty! Thanks for the tip!

I have the NEW Airoflow XC boot -- AWESOME. Legs are cool and dry when they come off, they are the easiest thing to clean ever and I love them. I also got them on sale b/c the labels were sewed on upside down, ROFL. A great boot though.