The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Slugger and Jair, the offer of a road trip still stands, but if Moesha will send the plane to Vancouver and it can pick slugger and me up in New York, that would be even better. Maybe we could squeeze in a matinee along with our shopping...

Jair, excuse my faux pas about the shoes. Of course the first stop is in underwear so we can all get our garanimals... I mean, what's good outerwear without good underwear????? If your cute brother-in-law comes with you, we'll certainly save him a seat in the car. Maybe we'll even let him pick out our garanimals...

[This message has been edited by AHC (edited 08-03-2000).]

Legwarmers?!?!?? OMG slugger! My sister still has a pair of those - and they are really irridescent! Very scary things!

Plan sounds good so far guys. I think Retrophish is coming up from Citra to meet us too!
    You Strike Me Still

ONLY if you will bring me those leg warmers - Jair!!! I just know they will be back in anyday now. Do you think they would go with my white leather reeboks or should I go for the black leather tap-shoes look?

Jennifer Beals, look out - I hear there is a dance floor in the back of Moseby's.

Also, Isn't Colin giving ball room dancing lessons to anyone that shows up in their gowns?

The white reeboks definitely Retro. But be sure to poof up your hair a bit too. (ha ha ha I'm one to talk about "poofy"!! aren't I? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] )

Yes, Colin is teaching ball room dancing! Can't wait to see her tiarra and crystal stiletto heels! Poor Sea Urchin had better watch out or he'll lose his toes as well as his toupee!
    You Strike Me Still

Dont worry, I can POOF - remember the girl from Wierd Science?? - and breakdance. Wait till you see...however, I dont want to get a stilleto heel in the gut when Im spinning on my head, so I might need to reconsider.

You are a scream Jair.

I live in Chantilly, VA but I ride in Anytown, USA

Fine, I'll ask my question again and no, I have no leg warmers. Although I might be able to borrow a pair from my girlfriend Cathy who was like Flashdance chick personified.

<<OK, since I was ignoring you people early on, being that this post didn't apply to me, although I've been a Virginian for 27 years [not to be confused with my age), what night are we talking about? And are we dressing like normal people or horse people? >>

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

We are dressing like NORMAL HORSE PEOPLE. If there is such a thing.

"Normal Horse People": Now there's an oxymoron if I ever heard one! LOL!

Anyplace Farm - wear what you like! Just make sure you bring your wallet so you can buy us all drinks! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    You Strike Me Still

OK, I will come as my best incarnation of a normal horse person (what a task!). And since when did I get dibbed as Money Bags? I'm the late invite here...so I'm stuck w/drinks? No, you guys owe me drinks big time. I'll bring my flask.

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

YES, YES YES....count me in!!!!! <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anyplace Farm:
    I'm a trainer too, but harmless. I think Colin is just touchy about trainers that frequent Utah. I'm going to bring a horse I'm trying to sell, get Colin drunk and show him to her because she buys horses without vetting them. I'll have him parked at the school across the street and we can all go ride on their playing fields. I'll give pony rides to those that are too drunk to function and lessons to those that have crappy equitation. Then, I'll down another Prozac, chased by a Xanax and then ride my horse right through Middleburg and we can all sing Christmas carols, in an effort to reinact the annual Christmas parade.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya know you all have my attention - so much that I just e-mailed the Middleburg show Secretary and asked to be mailed the prize list. Unfortunately I will be attending a show in my neck-o-the-woods and will be unable to make the roadtrip in order to be y'alls chaperone

I'm waaay older than you young 'uns :P

[This message has been edited by havaklu (edited 08-03-2000).]

I doubt that you are much older than us. We just act IMMATURE. I just turned 40!!!!!!!!!

Soooooooo, is anyone bringing their horses to this shindig? Besides Anyplace, who has the perfect horse for Colin, I mean? Not to Mosby's but to Middleburg? Heck or to Mosby's?! My amateur hunter can drink y'all under the table and then some! I don't know where he puts it, must be hollow legs... Come to think of it, he's FROM VA!! And he's been known to snatch ladies' unmentionables off neighboring clothes lines... Oh Kennett Square?? Do you by chance breed TBs?? http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by slugger (edited 08-03-2000).]

Since I was invited by GTG on the other thread to come to MOSbys. Here I am [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] .
    THe other thread just got way to serous for me.
    The part about normal horse people has me curious, how do dress and act appropriately for that description?
    However I can act really immature, particularly if I leave my clients at home. AM I really still invited even if I am a trainer. I promise not to tell.

the mention of lef warmers got me singing a little Olivia Newton -John- (Let's not forget the rolled bandana as headband thing)
    Let's get physical, physical.. let's get physicaaaal......
    I've been patient & I've been good
    tried to keep my hands on the table
    It's getting hard this holding back
    You know what I mean......
    Oh no- dancing in my chair now- geez !!
    Don't try to tell me you aren't!

I thought you were suppose to dance on the bar not on your chair.

There is No bar in my study- maybe I should move the computer to the kitchen

All I can say is, be afraid...be VERY afraid...

How does a normal person dress vs. a horse person? I am like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. People at my barn would never recognize me in a suit (yes, I still wear my 'ladies who lunch' duds) and people at my office would never dream that I will pick out a hoof, drive my five horse van and eat a hamburger with those very same hands all in one day. I am such a dude on the weekends it isn't funny. Then, during the week, I have to get all dolled up. Personally, I love going to Safeway, looking like hell and running into people from work so they can look at me in shock.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anyplace Farm:
    All I can say is, be afraid...be VERY afraid...

How does a normal person dress vs. a horse person? I am like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. People at my barn would never recognize me in a suit (yes, I still wear my 'ladies who lunch' duds) and people at my office would never dream that I will pick out a hoof, drive my five horse van and eat a hamburger with those very same hands all in one day. I am such a dude on the weekends it isn't funny. Then, during the week, I have to get all dolled up. Personally, I love going to Safeway, looking like hell and running into people from work so they can look at me in shock.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL Anyplace - My barn buddies only see me dressed up once a year for the awards banquet (I go to watch everyone else snif, snif -g-)and don't recognize me because I'm sans baseball cap.

The co-workers don't recognize me in Denim garb and reeking of "eau de barn"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CozmoJumps:
    Geez- I feel left out [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    I may be a trainer, but I really do have fun !AND I won't tell if you don't!!!
    I guess I am destined to dinners with the horseshow moms- again-Or counting flowers on the wall- Daggone purgatory!!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come in disguise! Wear mane beads and carry a pair of taupe TS's, Kennett Square will never believe for a second that you're a trainer!
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"