The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Ocala - comments & impressions & updates

Would love to hear from people who are there and have anything to share about it.

In the 2* XC results I noticed a number of E's & R's - 9 altogether, out of about 28 entries. EN commented on the # of stops. What's up with that - is it particular jumps, the whole course, rider/horse readiness, etc.?

Looking forward to whatever anyone has to share about all divisions, all phases.

DH is there in the 2* and from his report it didn't sound like any one fence- a combination of green horses/riders and then just not some people's day. Poor Michael Pollard, sounded like it really wasn't his day, but I'm sure he'll be back on his 'A' game soon enough. There were 15 clean rounds though, so the course was certainly rideable. DH liked it, said he thought it rode well and the time was definitely doable (he was a few seconds over, thought he maybe checked him back too much for some things and lost time that way).

The jog this am went well on our end, but he was up watching the prelim SJ when I talked to him a few minutes ago and it sounded like people were struggling to keep the rails up. SJ is their bugger phase, so keep your fingers crossed!
    If it were easy, everybody would do it.

Equi-Sport Services

Crossing fingers! Good luck!
    As far as the op's question...sometimes it's just the entry box that determines how a course rides, i.e., the course is set up for horses that for whatever reason don't exist, or aren't there; that being said many step up under competition atmosphere or are ready for the challenge.
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

I was there taking photos for Florida Equestrian magazine. The courses were LONG!! There were 23 obstacles for the one star and I believe the time was around 9 minutes.
    The weather was great yesterday. Overcast and at times, downright blustery. The jumps that seemed to garner the most issues were out of sight, so I can't really say what the issue was. The course was sprawling, to say the least, and most of us were at the water complex. There were few issues there. The one star was a rolltop with brush on a bending line over the aqudeuct into the water, a jump in the middle of the water, jump out on a bending line and 2 strides to a corner. The 2 star was a bounce into the water, then out and over a brush.
    Lori T
    www.calypsofarmeventers.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/LTEquine for product updates on the lines I rep

courses at all levels were well put together and rode very nice from what i saw and my horses rode. i thought the place looked great and the new stadium jumps are beautiful.very well run and everyone seemed pretty happy. all in all a great weekend.
    www.camaloufarms.com

ride it like you stole it! "ralph hill"