The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Mercy! Maybe we need to form a Aunt Esther Purse Posse that admonishes ill behaved riders. I for one am willing to forego my fashionable wardrobe in favor of church lady dress, hat, and big-A purse.

Only those with a strong purse arm need apply, sucka.

I just found this tread, and it has made my day!

Being from Pittsburgh originally, and schooled in NY, I am of the Yankee persuasion. However, I think the Brits have the best dry sarcastic comebacks. So something with the looking over the spectacles, cold, "you have got to be kidding me" genre would be my first response. Such as: "Oh really? I don't find you that good of a rider at all." Trot off with a slight laugh.

If they didn't get the hint... Well, I've been around the guys who fix the airplanes too long, and can really let out a blue streak when required. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Please let us know how the show goes. No matter where it is in relation to the M-D line! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

--Therese
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."

-Douglas Adams The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    - Therese

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

Hey Therese! You're from Pittsburgh way back when?! I've always been here! From what part and when did you leave? Did you do horses here?

HYSterical! From Aunt Esther to Moesha. Sorry you had to experience the little twit, but this thread is a treat. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"I'm designed for sitting. That's why my butt is covered in soft fur." Dogbert
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

Hi cinnabar!

I'm originally from Bethel Park, and rode in South Park (the real one for all you snickering! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] ) at Bonny Dell Acres for a number of years in the late 70's-80s.

I never owned a horse, but did catch riding and rode a number of the Barn's schoolies/sales horses. My fav was a little bay TB mare, show name Midnight Angel, registered as Peachtree Spring.

--Therese
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."

-Douglas Adams The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    - Therese

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

Hi Therese! I'm from the opposite end of town, north of Pittsburgh. Let me know if you ever come back!

It goes to the tune of Billy Jean by Michael Jackson...(only the main verse though) and it is being sung from the horse to the CBJ.

CBJ is not my rider! WOOO!
    She's just a girl who thinks she's-good as my mom!
    But SHE is not my mom! WOOO!

~MP
    Donut girl strikes again: 'my bro's bday is tomorrow and instead of cake we're having DONUTS!!!'

*Co Founder: Children's Jumper Clique!!! Member of the GA clique*

And there's a couple kids (who are my age, and they act sooo much younger than me) I'd like to smack upside the head once in a while, what with all their whining and such. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Proud member and co-founder of the Children's Jumper Clique.
    Proud member (and founder [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ) of the Draw Reins Are Not A Torture Device Clique. If you care to join, be my guest. I'd love you to.
    \"Celebrate we will, cause life is short but sweet for certain.\" -DMB

Bored* might I know these two girls??? Could they possibly ride at my barn???

~MP
    Donut girl strikes again: 'my bro's bday is tomorrow and instead of cake we're having DONUTS!!!'

yuperoo mp, these two girls do ride at your barn, and, well you'd like to give them a whack to, eh? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Proud member (and founder [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ) of the Draw Reins Are Not A Torture Device Clique. If you care to join, be my guest. I'd love you to.

oh yes I sure would! Maybe you'll help me out at the next Halloween party (evil grin) Muahahahaha!!!
    "girl mysteriously falls face first into pile of horse poop"

~MP

Moesha, that is wonderful. Boy, I am glad I have my own property now, even though I do miss the company, I do NOT miss little darlings like that one [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

this thread is hilarious! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

To engage is to acknowledge---to get angry is to make the offender believe s/he is important, and probably give her/him exactly what s/he wants. Nothing works quite so well as to pretend the remark was never made and that the offender doesn't exist! That REALLY pisses off the offender and helps avoid future contact (which is what you probably want, anyway.....)

"Everything that doesn't kill you, makes you stronger."
    Nietzsche

You really, really, really should email this thread to the real Dear Abby and see what SHE has to say!

Pretend they're speaking with an Italian Accent. I've tried thsi and it gets funnier as it goes on. Just laugh out loud at this CBJ, it really it quite humorous. Then again this is me... I find odd things humorous... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Ok for serious now... I'd confront the child. If the mother doesn't like it tell her that if she taught her child better manners you wouldn't have to confront them. I would have told the kid off long ago, although a calm approach like yours seems much better. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

*Trinity* & *Spartacus*