The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162
Results 1,221 to 1,235 of 1235

PHEW! Wow this is a long thread! I went back a few pages and started reading - rather fascinating! Remind me to start reading from the beginning next time! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Did you get your hat Beezer? I'm pulling for you you know! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

~Prince Jair, owned by Lovely Alice [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    You Strike Me Still

Yes, Beezer, this is the Question Of The Day. Has it arrived yet???
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Since Beezer has escaped the confines of the editor's desk at the LA Times, I can report (pun is intended!) that yes, today her cap arrived!!!She appeared at El Ranchito today waving it proudly. I then promptly made her help me pack for the show.

It shall be an adventure. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] After yesterday's horrendous schooling session on Hammie, and Queen of Horse Show Moms attempting to quash my tears by saying, "He's only 4," [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] I decided to just turn him out today so he could run. And boy, did he! But naturally, FATE being totally against me, he pulled off one of his brand new aluminum shoes! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] But aha! The farrier was already coming for his standing appointment, so I got it tacked back on.

Then, remember I re-discovered a Warner's trunk in our tackroom whilst I was, ahem, "cleaning and sweeping"? Well, it was missing the hasp. So my dad put on a new one. So I went to buy a lock. Oh, the thoughts and visions that went through my head while I stood at Target staring at padlocks with keys. The whole scenario was fraught with danger. Nothing like rushing to the tack trunk to grab your number or a pair of spurs and [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] you don't have the key! So I bought a combination lock that allows me to set my own combination. I was going to use 666, but I figured that was tempting FATE once again. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Anywho, on whatever thread we meet on again, I'll report back on our adventure. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Oh, and by the way, before I sign off for the "road trip to horse show hell", I'd like to add that Taryn, your horse is very fancy and cute. If and when I ever do indeed part with the Spotted WB Beast, I'm planning on buying myself some sort of big, rangy appaloosa or palomino or buckskin that Beezer can romp around in on low jumpers. For myself on said horse, I shall purchase a silver-encrusted western saddle and bridle and cruise up and down the trails in town, becoming the gossip krone of my neighborhood. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Tuxwink: I'm so happy for you! But please, just say "NO" to show bows! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] As for your outfit, how about spiffing it up with a pastel pink shirt? Or something bold like one of the burgundy shirts? They'd look nice with a black coat.

Sorry, must go watch an old episode of Star Trek and then load up my truck. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

I've always liked black coats the best. Must be a dressage thing, but even in my Olden Days Of Showing In HJ, I always preferred black. And, like Chef, I have a very soft spot for canary breeches.

Remember a few years ago when "they" tried to introduce pale canary in the dressage world? Anyone? Anyone? Loved that because it was a little less HARSH than white, which makes my zaftig thighs even more pronounced.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

The heart and soul of Silicon Valley/Valley of the Heart\'s Delight....Sunnyvale, CA

I also saw in Sports Illustrated today that Julie Krone is getting married to your husband's buddy Jay Hovdey at a seaside ceremony in Del Mar on May 27th.
    In Honor of dublin aka Dee Dee 07/24/53-02/07/03
    ~~~~~
    \"Of course, that\'s just my opinion. I could be wrong.\" - Dennis Miller
    *Go Bruins - Go Niners*

OMG Coreene, you can say that again about the white dressage breeches!!! I showed dressage about 3 times (all schooling stuff) and I remember watching myself on video, lunging my horse. I was horrified at the way they made my thighs look!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Oh, and by the way, welcome to the thread Jair! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Merry , Beezer and anyone else tha is showing good luck this weekend!!

I will probably be out of touch this week end so I hope to be able to find every body on Mon. Which is when I also find out if the neighbors appealed the planning commission ruling. Jingle those curb chains. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Okay, wrap it up, folks! Venture out in the world... start some new threads. There's lots of nice people out there, y'know! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

BTW, the Canadian Clique's "Question for Canter" thread topped out at around 50 pages. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I'm sure it will be a questions that we all can get behind [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Suave, thanks for the Thread. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] It was a hoot. You should be proud, as the originator.

It has been kinda tough for me, being 3000 miles from home, but this thread has made me feel all comfy among my new CA friends. Yay for new friends and funny-funny memories of the CA Redux thread. I'll see you on the next one. . . . [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

WA. The Evergreen State Where The Horses Are Forever Green

I am glad that all our deep thoughts got that hat to Beezer in time!!
    Having a very bad day before the show is a good omen Merry!! Now, haha, you should know that by now.
    I have those locks you set the numbers to, I love them, they even make a brass one. I am going to have to pick one up at Target for my new Warners Celebrity Edition trunk I ordered when you refused, haha, to send me your newly discovered trunk. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Sheeze! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Let's keep this one going if we are shut down than we can move to a new thread.

Erin keep it open please [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I tried to start a new topic last night, but it isn't here this morning. I guess infopop didn't want to post it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Oh well, The neighbors decided to appeal the planning commission ruling. Now I have to go through another hearing. More delays. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

You guys aren't very good at taking hints.