The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Need eventer conformation pics for a scientific study

Hi guys! My senior undergrad thesis is on conformation and performance in event horses. Eventually I'll be painting dots over skeletal landmarks on horses and photographing them, but for preliminary data collection, all I need are pictures.

If any of you would be willing to send me a conformation shot of your horse (the more square the better, no tack, preferably on level ground, etc) and his/her USEA registered name or number, I'd be grateful. I'm currently only looking at horses with more than 5 events on record. I need horses of all shapes, sizes, levels, and abilities.

Thanks in advance! Feel free to PM me the pics/info or post here.

The eastern edge of the eventing wasteland

Default Sent you a PM

actually 2 emails....
    "You're horse is behind the vertical!"
    "Of course he's behind the vertical, I haven't jumped it yet!"
    - NLK
    "I am a sand dancer... just here for the jumps!" - Schrammo
    www.nshaonline.org

I think this is a decent conformation shot of Patrick.

This one might be better, but he's sporting the two-tone look from a recent trace clip.

Those are from 2005 and 2010 respectively. I can probably dig up the higher resolution originals if you need them.

He showed as "Rolling Blackout" with his previous owner in California but I don't have his number handy. Let me know if that doesn't turn up his results and I'll see what I have on file.

Will you be able to share your results with the participants?
    --
    Wendy
    ... and Patrick

Thanks for all the responses so far!

wsmoak, yes - ultimately this research is aimed at a published paper, which will discuss overall patterns. I'm sure that once I've completed data analysis, I will also be able to share the individual measurements of a given horse (and how those roughly compare to overall trends) if an owner wishes. That's assuming there are significant results from pictures alone...which may or may not turn out to be the case.

Edit: Those are both great confo pictures, especially the first - he's nice and square. Having multiple pics of the same horse is quite helpful.

Look up some confo pics of Winsome Adante. There's one on this forum somewhere I remember. He was obviously a very successful 4 star eventer but IIRC he was post legged behind. He did retire a little early due to soundness issues (again, iirc) so maybe that could be some useful input for your study.

The best way to get a mass of confo photos is to find an event with a jog and park yourself opposite of the vets