The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default RiverSong did her first Jumper show. What a difference a month makes.

I can't believe how fast River is learning. We took her to Los Angeles Equestrian Center to school around the scary stadium jumps and she did so well that we entered her the next day in the .80 and .85 Jumpers.

http://gallery.me.com/judistewart#100053

Here is the video of her .85 Jumper class where she finished 3rd with a Double Clear.

http://youtu.be/0CbuXkfPjWc

In less than a month she went from "Spooky" to "I Got It"! She also just went into the arena and did her job with some pretty colorful Stadium Fences so we're very very happy with her.

She's gaining confidence so quickly now that we're going to enter her in the Beginner Novice Division at Galway in May. I'm riding her now as well and she's just a delight under saddle with such lovely fluid gates. I'm a very happy horsey mommy.

She looks fantastic!
    "I is Roxie!" yep.

Ride on, ride on. All the bad things are gone.

Judi, as you know I am so proud of your mare, but thank you for being the owner that lets me do what is necessary in order for her to progress the way she is. You and your mare are wonderful! Thank you!

Wow!! That is awesome! She's coming along SO smoothing and quickly!! I'm hoping to be able to compete at Galway (fingers crossed!) but we shall see. So glad to see your mare loving her new job!

Southern California - on a freeway someplace

In the last set of videos I saw the potential. Now I see the potential coming to fruition. Lovely mare. Kudos to you for buying her and giving her a job she is clearly suited for and to your trainer for a job well done.
    The Evil Chem Prof

Quote Originally Posted by runNjump86 View Post
    Wow!! That is awesome! She's coming along SO smoothing and quickly!! I'm hoping to be able to compete at Galway (fingers crossed!) but we shall see. So glad to see your mare loving her new job!
    Awesome.... Hope to see you there. What division if you do come?

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy View Post
    In the last set of videos I saw the potential. Now I see the potential coming to fruition. Lovely mare. Kudos to you for buying her and giving her a job she is clearly suited for and to your trainer for a job well done.
    Thanks so much Peggy. Gina has done an amazing job with her. I feel so very blessed to have such a talented understanding trainer that my mare trusts and loves so much.

: )

You have an amazing horse AND an amazing trainer, Judi. She has come along so nicely! Can't wait to see her in all her full glory when she's at the top of her game!!! And the Marshmallow will be getting really jealous soon! lol

She is lovely! Beautifully ridden... Doesn't look at all like a green horse "just getting around. She looks confident and comfortable doing her job. I don't know her history, but based on what you've posted here... Wow!

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

What a success story! I've sort of followed you from the beginning of your tale--I feel like COTH stalker. She is lovely, that front end over the fences is spectacular. If I hadn't followed all your posts, I'd never believe she was as green as she is. Fabulous breeding and fabulous mind meets conscientious owner and remarkable trainer, and adds up to a real winner. Congratulations!
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

Extremely nice mare! You and your team are doing a great job bringing her along. Best of luck with her...she looks like she will be able to do what ever you want (at whatever level)!!
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

She is such a lovely mare!

Would you mind posting a link to your original story about her?

Really cute mare! Well done!

What a fancy baby she is! Congratulations on your successes so far, and good luck for the future! I believe you two will go far.

Best,
    Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Brigitte View Post
    She is such a lovely mare!

Would you mind posting a link to your original story about her?
    Here is a link to her original story Brigitte.

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=343086

There is a video link of her on January 1st of this year of the first time we took her off the property. I love watching that to see how far she's come in such a short time.

Basically she was completely unhandled as of last August as a 16.3 6 year old and we really couldn't even get her out of her pen. It's been such an amazing journey already and it's only just started.

Quote Originally Posted by filly_green View Post
    You have an amazing horse AND an amazing trainer, Judi. She has come along so nicely! Can't wait to see her in all her full glory when she's at the top of her game!!! And the Marshmallow will be getting really jealous soon! lol
    Hahaha... Rainier is already very very jealous. He really can't understand what all the fuss is about. I make extra extra sure to give him lots and lots of carrots and love but sometimes it is a bit of dueling knickers in the barn aisle. Nothing better than that though.
    Last edited by Judi; Apr. 15, 2012 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Judi View Post
    Awesome.... Hope to see you there. What division if you do come?
    If we end up going it would most likely be Novice. But since I'm flying home for my brother's wedding the 14th I don't think the timing (or funds!) will work out.

BUT we will be competing at the recognized show in early June at Copper Meadows!!

Quote Originally Posted by Calvincrowe View Post
    What a success story! I've sort of followed you from the beginning of your tale--I feel like COTH stalker. She is lovely, that front end over the fences is spectacular. If I hadn't followed all your posts, I'd never believe she was as green as she is. Fabulous breeding and fabulous mind meets conscientious owner and remarkable trainer, and adds up to a real winner. Congratulations!
    Thanks so much Calvin. My reason for posting the story is to show the progress of what is possible. She wasn't easy at first at all. We spent a good 4 months just gaining her trust and setting the ground rules but I'm so touched and overwhelmed by how much she has responded to the love and training. I would never have dreamed of attempting anything like this without a trainer who is also an amazing horsewoman. Her deep understanding of each and everyone of her amazing horses and clients is what makes her so special. She knows just how much to ask and when to ask it. I'm just enjoying the journey.

Thank you so much for the encouragement. It means so much.

judi

It's been so much fun watching her progress. Thank you for sharing. She is lovely.