The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Southern Eighths is full!

The lower level LF at Southern Eighths in SC is full! This is a big step for the future of the lower level LF! Very exciting news to the 'smurfs'!!
    Can't wait until its my turn to be on that list!!
    Honey Badger don't give a s*#^!

"..a three-day event is not a test of speed and endurance, it is a test of character" ~JW

I am so glad to see this. I was going to try and do it this year, but it would have been a rush for my young horse, so I am waiting for next year. But thrilled to see folks support this event at this totally awesome facility.

That is great news! This is a wonderful, wonderful venue for lower level SC eventers. I have a few clients attending. Glad to see it is becoming a real success!
    Equinox Equine Massage

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was in me invincible summer.
    -Albert Camus

I met the owners of Southern Eighths when they were volunteering the 3D at GMHA last year. They were delightful people and it made me want to go south just to ride at their farm! Delighted to hear that it is full. Have fun all!
    Last edited by xitmom; Apr. 13, 2012 at 09:42 PM. Reason: sp

I think my trainer and I are going to volunteer this year. Hopefully i will be a competitor next year! Good luck to all the competitors!!
    Honey Badger don't give a s*#^!

"..a three-day event is not a test of speed and endurance, it is a test of character" ~JW

High in the mountains of Southwest Virginia

If anyone is going to be there and would be willing to lend a hand, our crew could use some extra hands in the D box on Saturday during the Novice division. We have three horses running and with only 11 in the division, it's going to be a bit crazy.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If the Number 2 pencil is so popular, why is it still number 2?

Default I will help!

i am in the training division and as long as the ride times don't conflict I would be glad to help you guys out! By the same token, if anyone is available to help me in the box that would be great. My sister and I have worked the box for each other in the past but now are both riding in the training division so will need some assistance!

Kudos to everyone for making this type of thing happen .

High in the mountains of Southwest Virginia

Hey EC, let's plan on getting together once we arrive on grounds to make a tentative plan of attack. We'll be pretty easy to find, just look for a lot of green and gold with OHF on everything.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If the Number 2 pencil is so popular, why is it still number 2?

Congrats to Brad & crew for making Southern 8th's a success!! And thanks for your continued dedication to nurturing the cause of the lower level eventer!
    Whatever you do, or dream you can, begin it; Boldness has genius, magic, and power in it ~ Goethe

And here's some great news. I've been working with the sponsors and here's a couple of updates. Nikon is giving a D3100 Nikon Outfit with a 18-55 lens (value $650) to the winner of each of the divisions. 2nd and 3rd place will get a Nikon Laptop Bag, as will some other special classes. Volunteers are all getting Nikon t-shirts to wear on Cross-Country Day. Breyers is giving the first place winners Crystal horses and has provided three other model horses to be given for prizes. Cavalor is sponsoring the Saturday morning breakfast and there's more. A big thank you to these supporters and others of the BN, N and T3D riders.

Canterlope! That sounds good, Will look for you guys. I will also PM you my phone number so you have it.

That is great news that it is full! It sounds like it is going to be a great time for all involved. I would have loved to go this year but just couldn't make the dates work with my schedule. It is definitely on my "to-do" list for next year though!!