The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default College students looking for a writing internship with the Devon Horse Show

This is an opportunity I would have jumped at when I was in college. I contacted a bunch of local IHSA teams, including my alama matter, and surprisingly have few bites.

Anyone in the area of the Devon Horse Show who is interested in a summer internship as a writer for the show (interviewing riders/trainers to write pieces about the show, watching the show and writing articles about the results). Please email me vxf111 @ yahoo.com

It is an unpaid internship for the length of the show May 24-June 3. You need to have transport to/from (it's SEPTA accessible). You will get free access to the show/tickets and we'll arrange all of your interviews. All you need to do is show up with your equine knowledge, be a good writer, and be willing to work on articles during the duration of the show.

Excellent resume booster, I don't know how many college students who can put on their resume that they wrote for a major horse show of course if you do a good job, we're happy to provide letters of recommendation. Not to mention, you get an opportunity to meet top riders/trainers.

Should be fun! If interested, email me!
    Last edited by vxf111; Apr. 12, 2012 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Where *is* my brain!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Smile

My daughter would love this but she is not done with her exams until just after the show is over. I wonder if that is why you have not received much interest? Sounds like a great opportunity.
    friend of bar*ka

Kinda jet lagged today. I had the wrong date last week of May/first week of June. Most everyone not taking summer classes ought to be done with school by that time.
    ~Veronica

Are those dates correct? The show is from May23 to June 3 this year. I will be in the area, so I am interested.

Never mind! We posted at the same time!!

I need more sleep. My bad. If there's one thing that ought to be seared into my brain, it's the DHS dates. I need some sleep and an advil
    ~Veronica