The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Erin, my check is in the mail to you!

I think that donating the "extra" to a charity is a great idea. I wonder if we could send it to the BB's Rescue horse at EPONA? That way they have funds to cover some of his rehab expenses/surgery. Just a thought.

Member of the VA/DC/MD clique.

My check is in the mail today. Please use how you see fit. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    Dressage: a process by which some riders can eventually be taught to respect the bit

The post man may get suspicious that you are running a mail order service from your home! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Maybe we should alert the IRS that there is a scam going on at your apartment....all those checks made out to you.....may be TAXABLE!!!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

OR...you may just take a really nice vacation after you con John into doing the ad for free [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Just daydreaming.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Erin is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

I'm actually getting a little worried... my mailbox is not THAT big! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Oh well. At least I'll have lots of mail to open... and a slightly bigger balance in my checking account for a day or two, before I have to give it all to COTH! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LaurieB:

I have to disagree. I think an ad with that picture of Cactuskate wearing her oxygen and sitting on her horse might be an inspiration to lots of people who read the Chronicle but aren't on this BB. I love that idea. It's like sending little ripples of hope out into the world.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. I didn't know her like most of you, but I saw that picture posted, the tears started to flow, and I got out my checkbook. I was so inspired by the her strength eminating from that picture, we've just GOT to share it.

Sully's Brag Page

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." - Will Rogers
    where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

Definitely with that picture of her on the horse with the Ox tanks!
    co-author of 101 Jumping Exercises & The Rider's Fitness Program; Soon to come: Dead Ringer - a tale of equine mystery and intrique! Former Moderator!

Original Poster

Giving this another bump... if you have emailed me asking for my address and have NOT gotten a reply, please email me again. I think I've gotten to them all, but I don't want to miss anyone. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

And if you haven't emailed me yet, go right ahead! There's still plenty of time to send in a contribution. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

and was exiled. So I re-registered.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heidi:
    Does Billy's volunteer duties include copy? If not, indeedie, Erin, I'm sure we can write something appropriate.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heidi, sure does! But that doesn't mean that suggestions aren't welcome. I'm sure he'll read the thread and put something together, but is there are ANY ideas out there i think it would be GREAT to hear them [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I know I was....so I'm giving this a BUMP so that when everyone gets in for the evening and gets up tomorrow morning they will see it.....

MCL

\"in the wind, and rain, looking for the sun..................\"

Agreed diffinitely the picture of Kate with her tanks...Says it all

I am always traveling now! I love it! But home is CT

could someone re-post or redirect me to the picture?
    I got a webshots album! Yay! Go see : http://community.webshots.com/user/piggiejump

Original Poster

One more bump for the Monday morning crowd! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Don't worry that you're "too late"... I'm sure it will be a couple of weeks before we send the balance of contributions to a charity. Plenty o' time!

And a sincere, heartfelt thanks to those of you who have already emailed me and sent your checks. I'll wait a couple of days to post a status report, since I have a feeling the bulk of the checks will probably be coming today! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] My mailman is going to be very suspicious. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Picture is attached. And for those coming in really late, here's the thread that explains what happened:

Cactuskate

WA. The Evergreen State Where The Horses Are Forever Green

This will help those who have to wait to the end of the month to send cheques [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Original Poster

No problem... if anyone is interested in chipping in, but won't be able to send a check for a week or two, just drop me a note and let me know.

By the end of this week, I'll probably try to set some kind of deadline for folks to get their contribution in, so we can move ahead with the ad. But I don't mind waiting for people, as long as I know some contributions are still coming.

I really like the quote by Winston Churchill which serves as Wingsy's tag: "No hour is lost that is spent in the saddle" as the headline under the Rocket Man photo. Think we should also include in body copy that the ad is from Cactuskate's BB 'family'; that she served as an inspiration to all of us.

Would also like to designate a charity in the ad - think the charity itself should be subject to a BB vote.

Have you nagged COTH's ad rep into submission on a better rate? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

this almost fell off page 1!

Good ideas, Heidi....

MCL

has come as a shock to me .I am so very sad .I have read all of the threads concerning her illness etc and as I am sure all of you were and are I am weeping .I was over at Mary's house yesterday and the subject didnt come up so I am coming to this late Erin I will attempt to send a lil something.
    Brilyntrip

Original Poster

Not too late! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I will probably try to post a status report by the end of the week, but it will be a few weeks before I have to pay for the ad and send the rest to charity. So there'll be plenty of time.

Again, if you have emailed me for my address and haven't gotten a reply, please email me again. I know I already missed one person the first time around (sorry maggymay!) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

And if you haven't emailed me yet, it's not too late! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

WA. The Evergreen State Where The Horses Are Forever Green

I will send you a cheque this week, and I am sending an olde Paul Brown book to ETBW today and she is also sending you a cheque for the book. In memory of Cactuskate [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

with an address to send a check to. I can't send much, but I do want to send something. Thank you. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Member Of The Texas Clique & BEQS
    SueCoo & the Redhead (a/k/a \"Atlanta\")
    Life without horses is possible, but pointless......
    http://community.webshots.com/user/suecoo100