The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Erin is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

So the information doesn't get buried on the other threads, I'm reposting Heidi's info here:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heidi:
    Serendipity, I bet you could contest me easily for Uber-goddess status. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Though, you aren't Canadian, or a Swiss goat herder, and I do believe they're pre-requisites. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Okay, administratively, please note:

-As Erin pointed out in her email, the ad will make Kathy's BB family feel good but a donation to a charity may help someone else to feel good.

To that end, I'd like to propose that we book a half page 2-colour ad ($862) and donate the balance of what's collected to a charity of Kathy's family's choice or an equine rescue.

-Cheques should be made out personally to Erin (for the Americans) and to me (Canadians) so that we can cut exact amount cheques for the ad space and a charity. Whatever I collect from the Americans will be converted to a USD money order for either COTH and/or a charity. Erin will cut similar cheques.

-Americans, please email Erin for her mailing address:
    erin@chronofhorse.com

-Canadians, please email me for my address and 'real name' ( [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ) :
    heidi278@rogers.com

Lisamarie, could you email me also so that we can coordinate the logistics - i.e. booking of ad space, etc.

Delighted, I'd bet you that Kathy's husband or family would love a drawing of the photo posted of Kathy in the showring.

I am so wonderfully happy and proud to be a member of this BB family.

[This message was edited by Erin on Apr. 17, 2002 at 12:18 PM.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See this thread for the full story:

Celebrating Cactuskate: I'd like to propose a group ad in COTH

So the information doesn't get buried on the other threads, I'm reposting Heidi's info here:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heidi:
    Serendipity, I bet you could contest me easily for Uber-goddess status. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Though, you aren't Canadian, or a Swiss goat herder, and I do believe they're pre-requisites. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Okay, administratively, please note:

-As Erin pointed out in her email, the ad will make Kathy's BB family feel good but a donation to a charity may help someone else to feel good.

To that end, I'd like to propose that we book a half page 2-colour ad ($862) and donate the balance of what's collected to a charity of Kathy's family's choice or an equine rescue.

-Cheques should be made out personally to Erin (for the Americans) and to me (Canadians) so that we can cut exact amount cheques for the ad space and a charity. Whatever I collect from the Americans will be converted to a USD money order for either COTH and/or a charity. Erin will cut similar cheques.

-Americans, please email Erin for her mailing address:
    erin@chronofhorse.com

-Canadians, please email me for my address and 'real name' ( [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ) :
    heidi278@rogers.com

Lisamarie, could you email me also so that we can coordinate the logistics - i.e. booking of ad space, etc.

Delighted, I'd bet you that Kathy's husband or family would love a drawing of the photo posted of Kathy in the showring.

I am so wonderfully happy and proud to be a member of this BB family.

[This message was edited by Erin on Apr. 17, 2002 at 12:18 PM.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See this thread for the full story:

Celebrating Cactuskate: I'd like to propose a group ad in COTH

Please count me in, too!--Erin, you have e-mail.

Thanks Erin - my check is in the mail!!!!

Everyone please keep us posted as to the design of the ad! Can't wait to see it!

Sully's Brag Page

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." - Will Rogers
    where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

I always thinks this looks much nicer than just white space or reversed text.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Original Poster

Coreene, I was on the words end of the COTH machine, remember? As far as I'm concerned, the ads are just things that take space away from the articles. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I dunno, but I will leave it up to the design wizards here to compose something lovely. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

BTW, in the hour I was away from my desk for lunch, I got about 20 emails... yikes! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Does Billy's volunteer duties include copy? If not, indeedie, Erin, I'm sure we can write something appropriate.

Original Poster

Just thought I would add that I've gotten about 40 emails in the last 4 hours.

Thanks guys... you truly are a great bunch of people. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Erin:

Thanks guys... you truly are a great bunch of people. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

EVERYONE! FAST!!!!! Copy this quote from Erin!!!!! We will definitely need it in the future!
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Tomorrow isn't a bad day yet.

I am trying to learn a lesson from Kate, (paraphrasing here) we are all born dying, I hope to be thankful for every day I am able to be up and around to enjoy my passions.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world, indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

I'd really love to send money, but I'm a very broke junior. Actually, I think I owe like $20. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

~Erin B #1
    I'm pink, therefore I'm ham. -Miss Piggy

Think of the time you spend helping out at your local clique organized volunteer day!

Keep Cactuskate and "our" Patriot in your mind and enjoy the feeling of having made a difference. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world, indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

I think a memorial is a great idea, and not to poo-poo the original person's idea, but IMHO an ad in a paper is a short-lived thing.

$862 is a lot - it could go a lot further than that at say a horse rescue place, or a cancer charity.

JMHO

Original Poster

Bumping up, for those who are just now reading the other threads. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

And if you email me and don't get a reply back in a few hours, please send another note. I get a lot of email on a daily basis, and when switching back and forth between my home and work computers, things can sometimes get overlooked.

Why did the chicken cross the road?...

Bump

Godspeed Cactuskate.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by coreene:
    I always thinks this looks much nicer than just white space or reversed text.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoever ends up actually placing the ad just need to talk to Belinda at the Chron. Im sure she could arrange that.
    "Owning a barnyard animal is not as easy as it looks on the internet."-Rob and Big

Zim, I catch your drift.....the extra money will be going to a Cactuskate charity(s). I also think the ad should include some "please donate to her charities" type of copy, with information on how to do that. What do y'all think of that???

Superheroes of the universe, unite!

http://hometown.aol.com/bgoosewood/index.html
    The truth is rarely pure, and never simple. Oscar Wilde

Original Poster

I'll reiterate what I said on another thread... don't worry about the size of any contribution you decide to make. You can just send a $5 bill, if you like. The point is that it's a group effort to remember a treasured friend that touched a lot of us. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Also, I am sure we will have some money left over to send to a charity (either one Kathy chose, or we'll have a BB vote and decide on one). If you would rather send a contribution entirely to the charity, that's just fine.

You can send a check to me earmarked for the charitable effort only (or just email me and tell me you'd prefer your donation to go that), or just wait til we decide on a charity and send a check directly in Kathy's name.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zimt:
    I think a memorial is a great idea, and not to poo-poo the original person's idea, but IMHO an ad in a paper is a short-lived thing.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to disagree. I think an ad with that picture of Cactuskate wearing her oxygen and sitting on her horse might be an inspiration to lots of people who read the Chronicle but aren't on this BB. I love that idea. It's like sending little ripples of hope out into the world.