The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thanks for the info, Ann... if I ever decide to stalk the divine Mr. Roth, I'll know where to find him... BTW, do you know there whereabouts of Ewan McGregor?

Other fetishes... How could I forget GLOVES? Leather riding, suede, calf, evening, opera, crocheted, cashmere, SSGs... I have them all. And whips... for someone who no longer owns, I have an inordinate number of whips, including an eight-foot Hungarian "ladies bullwhip" ("ladies" because it has yellow leather flowers on the handle!)

"People... they're so
    complicated. I suppose
    that's why I prefer
    horses."
    \"It is by no means the privilege of the rider to part with his horse solely by his own will.\" -- Alois Podhajsky

\"Go on, Bill... This is no place for a pony.\"

Virginia and North Carolina, Parrothead Clique!

Coke
    Bacardi Silver (goes best with above)
    Steak and shrimp or lobster
    Mexican restaurant salsa and cheese dip
    leather, especially strapgoods
    Godiva chocolate
    Xtra cheddar goldfish crackers
    clean sheets
    warm towels
    a certain little chestnut gelding who is very lame [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    Hampden-Sydney College
    my SO
    my family and my crowd of friends
    books - trashy romance novels, biology texts, Tom Clancy, etc. etc.
    Cosmo and Glamour
    Bon Appetit - yes my friends tease me
    The Chronicle, the print version
    Sporting art, particularly anything by Paul Brown or Sam Savitt
    Keeneland
    whipped "cream" in a can, straight from the can to my mouth

later in life I will collect
    show shirts
    old Jaguars and Mercedes
    broodmares
    retired show horses

I like bloodies, too, Suz, but not too spicy!

A land where classical riding and natural horsemanship have all but vanished, and must be revived for the greater good of all horses trapped in the human world...

Well, I don't have many SECRET addictions, most are pretty obvious (horses, the COTH BB, etc)...

Thoroughbred racing [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] (well, my secret kinda got out when I taped the Breeders' Cup and spent approx. three hours drooling over gorgeous racehorses and cheering my favorites on to the finish in front of my family members)
    Horses with French names (don't ask)
    Doberman Pinschers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] (DON'T TELL ANYONE!!!)
    Good-looking riders who ride well [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] (SHHHHHHHHH!!! I'd be teased more about this than the above)
    Not really an addiction, but for some odd reason, I have fun peeling potatoes with a carrot peeler. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Well, that's about it for SECRET stuff (which really aren't secret anymore)!

"His is a power enhanced by pride, a courage heightened by challenge. His is a swiftness intensified by strength, a majesty magnified by grace. His is a timeless beauty touched with gentleness, a spirit that calls our hearts to dream."-Unknown
    "Never give up your dreams and never let anyone tell you that you are not good enough or don't have what it takes!"-Richard Spooner
    "After a bad time there always comes a good time!"-Fermin Carrera
    [I]\"His [the horse\'s] is a power enhanced by pride, a courage heightened by challenge. His is a swiftness intensified by strength, a majesty magnified by grace. His is a timeless beauty touched with gentleness, a spirit that calls our hearts to dream

I have a serious addiction to buying flip flops - I cant help it, it cant be healthy.. Then I have this nasty habit of losing them, ugh.. also, this is so weird - I am obsessed with white shirts.. weird? I think so.. white collared shirts, tank tops, sweaters - its become so bad that I have to take my friend with me so she doesnt let me buy them!! also, belts, but not plain black and brown ones, oh no, ones with tropical fish and alligators and lobsters and red chili peppers and grateful dead bears and I can go on! I am such a dork with my obsessions! lets see what else, OH jeans!! and especially since I finally found jeans with a *35 inch* inseam from Jcrew, I am in LOVE!! Also, I am totally smitten by the horses out where I ride, especially Delighted's bad boys! Hm ginger ale, saltines, wheat thins, chicken salad yumm - yogurt, cookie dough - this BB, my music!! Counting Crows, LIVE (mmm curly haired Ed) and I watch ER, Will and Grace, and The X Files religiously.. hmm I guess none of this is secret to those who know me! I am also shamlessly addicted to chapstick/lip gloss of any kind.. I own like 40 tubes, and when I get sick of one I go buy more! also I am addicted to shampoos, the better smelling the more likely it is I will buy it - my shower is like a huge collection of shampoo bottles and body washes and face washes -can you be nasally fixated? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I think i may be! hmm anyway thats all I am willing to admit to, Im sure there are more but I have way too much homework.. also, a new 6'1" dark funny obsession I have now too!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

A land where classical riding and natural horsemanship have all but vanished, and must be revived for the greater good of all horses trapped in the human world...

Oh, forgot a few: Candy corn (but only the orange-and-yellow kind); analyzing horse gaits and rhythm; and DEEP debates... "Deep" as in rollkur, not deeply spiritual, though rollkur debates can get like that too...

Okay, these are just the addictions that no one really knows about (though y'all know now)... I have a much longer list of all other addictions!

"His is a power enhanced by pride, a courage heightened by challenge. His is a swiftness intensified by strength, a majesty magnified by grace. His is a timeless beauty touched with gentleness, a spirit that calls our hearts to dream."-Unknown
    "Never give up your dreams and never let anyone tell you that you are not good enough or don't have what it takes!"-Richard Spooner
    "After a bad time there always comes a good time!"-Fermin Carrera
    [I]\"His [the horse\'s] is a power enhanced by pride, a courage heightened by challenge. His is a swiftness intensified by strength, a majesty magnified by grace. His is a timeless beauty touched with gentleness, a spirit that calls our hearts to dream

Wine! I have never met a red that I do not like!
    That and my hubby.

In that order.

Oh, I thought it would have been Bumpkin Bumpkin-ing up this old thread for sure!

My addictions: diet Coke, Smirnoff Ice (almost wish it didn't have alcohol in it), baby carrots with Dilly Dip, cheese tortellini.

why are all the emoticons spelled out instead of shown? hmmmm;

my addictions:
    Jon Stewart
    Sopranos
    House
    Chocolate Babies candy (hard to find)
    banana taffy
    my horsies
    old dressage books
    hair care products
    Pears soap
    Cost-co
    sleeping pills
    tack stores
    matching storage containers
    Coreen and physical.energy (they should meet up!)
    Pilates classes

Chocolate anything (haven't tried chocolate-covered bugs yet, but if I were desperate for a fix... )

Mango/green tea smoothies. I'd indulge more often if they didn't cost $3.99.

Vetrolin products (for the horse, not me!) Vetrolin liniment, Vetrolin bath, Vetrolin shine...I NEVER run out...

Cream cheese frosting, eaten right out of the can.
    Popcorn, popped with oil, with lots of real butter and parmesan cheese.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?

Default coffee...

i work in a coffee shop, and i drink coffee at home before i go, where i then drink 5-6 latte's throughout the day, then i come home and drink a coffee or two before bed lol,
    i'm gonna die of a caffiene overdose some day !!
    Little Wishes Pony Parties

"Cause don't the sunshine lay the brightest on the shoulders of the wild?
    And don't the breeze blow the sweetest on the face of its own child?"

kris delmhorst

Ahem... it's not OT day, is it?