The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Tack Trader

Anyone have experience buying/selling on Tack Trader? I have an offer on my saddle and I'm just trying to figure out payment methods and shipping methods because I've never used this type of site and I don't want either of us to screwed over. Thanks!

Cincinnati, Ohio

I have bought and sold saddles off of Tack Trader and used Pay Pal for the transactions. No problems with payment from the parties that purchased my saddle. I added the actual shipping costs to the purchase price. The funds were released to the seller when the saddle was shipped.

I would use PayPal or ask for a certified check before shipping the saddle.

way out west

I bought a saddle from TackTrader and paid by personal check. She shipped the saddle after my check cleared. Yes, it made me nervous, but I had talked to her several times over the phone and found out we had a couple of acquaintences in common, she gave me her business info, home address, etc. It worked out great, the saddle was even better than I'd hoped it would be.

That said, I'm more comfortable with PayPal. I've bought several items through Ebay, and have never had an issue with PP.

Dallas, Georgia

I only accept PayPal or a money order. Nothing ships until it's cleared.
    I only ship UPS Ground because it's insured and 100% trackable.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.