The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Karla and Coreene, thanks for the info.

I have been wanting breast reduction for at least 10 years now. I honestly don't care if hubby has a problem with breast reduction, especially since he won't let me get a tattoo. My theory is that if he likes 'em so much, he can carry them around for the next 17 years (yes, that's how long I've had to deal with them so far)
    Just because I have a short attention span doesn\'t mean I

Ok well, i have fairly average sized boobs...and no i'm not bragging but i love them. 34C...i'm only 16 and they've always been my favourite feature!!!
    *Fire all your guns at once, gentlemen. The Red Sox season starts tonight, and for the 86th consecutive spring there is little doubt in the Red Sox Nation that this is the year.*

I had breast reduction surgery about 12 years ago. It was painful, but it was worth it. Insurance paid for it. They took out over three pounds of stuff (my mother had it done about the same time, and they took five pounds out of hers.)

Another great thing is that they once again were able to stand up on their own. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] And, I didn't have to worry about knocking my teeth out anymore when riding, running, etc. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

Karina, that was my exact argument too. And in the end I prevailed, by sticking to the plan. But that doesn't mean that enduring the husband's tantrums and threats of divorce was a pleasant experience. In addition, I didn't really get the emotional support that one would ideally want from a husband at the time of surgery. I did however have really great support from friends and family and even the members of another horse BB, who held my hand through the whole thing. I regret nothing.

My surgeon told me I should have had it done at age 19 (I'm 44 now) and I so wish I had. I just think of the back pain, the double and triple bras for riding and the daily discomfort of digging bra straps and just the hassle of a "bad bra day" that I could have avoided had I done this sooner.

I don't have kids, and I have no plans to. If you plan on breast feeding, you might want to wait until you are done.

My Dr. - at an HMO which is notorious for not covering things and giving people the runaround - approved it, no problem. They also said it is their most "popular" surgery. And I was told that statistically breast reduction has the highest (>90%) satisfaction rate of any kind of plastic surgery. If you get any hesitation in approval, it shouldn't be to much trouble to find a chiropractor or MD to write a note in support. I was expecting to have to do that and was planning on the whole ordeal to take at least a year of bureacracy. I had my initial screening appointment on September 26th. Surgery was November 19.

Go for it.

Karla

Well, I told him that I want breast reduction surgery. He's actually totally for it, although he did say he'll miss them [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] He does, however, have a problem with the chin and cheekbone implants [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] .
    Just because I have a short attention span doesn\'t mean I

After years of Sport bras I have had MUCh better luck with minimizer underwires......much easier to get on and off and acutally better stability.....its rare that I wear a sports bra now.