The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I used to wear a sports bra over my Victoria's Secret bra- I forget which model it is;it's a pretty lacey one, but it seems to hold the best. Anyway, I have now found Jogbras. I can wear just one of these and those puppies aren't going anywhere. My boyfriend was amazed. I told him that I had to try the bra out by jumping around, so he decided to watch- like I need someone to tell me they aren't moving.
    Rhode Islands are red;
    North Hollands are blue.
    Sorry my thoroughbreds
    Stomped on your roo. Originally Posted by pAin't_Misbehavin' :

Large enough !!!(although, if I was being trueful with myself, I would admit that none of those bra's work)

I wear a racing back and a speedo extra support. They don't give you uniboob, because they 'seperate' and support. Amazing bra!!!!

I hate them, because I often go to the barn right after school in my uppitdy bras, and forget, and do the sitting trot. How do you explain what you're doing to the barn owner when he walks in on you shoving them back in?

Andrea

our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising everytime we fall
    Andrea

our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising everytime we fall

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heidi:
    As I was trying on the first, the saleswoman, an older, chic, aggressive woman, burst into the dressing room and chastised me for not knowing how to 'place' myself in the bra; according to her, it wasn't about the size of the bra as much as it was about placement of the mammaries in the cups. Bowing from the waist, she proceeded to show me how it was to be done. Dissatisfied with my feeble attempt, she grabbed the suckers and placed them where they, apparently, should be.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG! I had that same saleswoman about 100 years ago!

11 or 12, and still a tomboy, I literally had to be dragged by my mother for my first bra, to a place called "Betty's Corset Shop" no less, terrified that one of the boys from the neighborhood would see me, and never again ask me to be the exra player in their touch football games.

Going into the store was bad enough, then came the "trying on" part. And then the orthopaedic shoes of THAT saleswoman who burst into the dressing room and in front of my mother, performed the exact same "lean/ grab/place routine on me. Only back then, there wasn't much to grab.

Totally mortified, I couldn't get out of there fast enough, much less carry a Betty's Corset Shop bag in public or walk next to anyone (mom) who did. But my budding football career was saved for awhile....just until I realized boobs and footbal weren't meant for each other.
    "WHINNYING" IS EVERYTHING!!

Anyone want to donate something to me? 34A here. I shop for lingerie at the Limited Too. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

~Erin B #1
    Website/Journal
    "And he gave me a funny look because I was dancing on the bone... I mean the boat... err..." -FatLilPony

If there was a way to share I would happily!!! I would LOVE to be a "C" again!!!!!

EMPLOYED!!!! Finally!!!! I start tomorrow at Cosi, Dupont North for all you VA/MD/DC'ers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Can you stress-fracture your brain?

Have my boobs call your boobs, Heinekin! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

~Erin B #1
    Website/Journal
    "And he gave me a funny look because I was dancing on the bone... I mean the boat... err..." -FatLilPony

I wear a minimizer also - Bali, which is the MOST comforatable bra I've ever worn! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

And to the 'no boob' crowd - too bad you'll never be able to do a Breast Release!!! LOL!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Shall I start the Breast Release Clique?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

"I have a great love of animals and laughter."
    - Walt Disney

ok I'm a DD It is so frustrating. I have tried 2 bras, a underwire with the sportsbra over it. That worked pretty good. But I must know how to do the vet- wrap or duct tape method. I must try it. do you put a bra on first then tape over it so it isnt against your skin? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] Or do you just tape straight against the skin?

Details please [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] I must try it!! Anything to get these puppies under control!

Melody
    http://community.webshots.com/user/luvmihorse
    ~~Proud member of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique~~

I put on a sports bra. Then someone takes the vetwrap and starts pulling it TIGHT around me. I turn all the way around and use the whole roll, then put another sports bra over top. Voila, no bounce. But you have to cut off the vet wrap after...carefully!

EMPLOYED!!!! Finally!!!! I start tomorrow at Cosi, Dupont North for all you VA/MD/DC'ers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Heineken...How often do you breathe?

With my boobs strapped down? Not often enough but at least I look good. I used to do this alot more as a Jr. when I was showing Big Eq and it REALLY mattered. Then I usually passed out at the end of the flat portion anyway [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Maybe you should consider doing Jumpers, Heineken. Just think, the faster you go, the sooner you get to breathe again! Ride a REALLY fast horse, and you become a blur to everyone watching.

Just an idea.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I'm an ammy now and just strap them down with the bras...I breathe ok these days [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I remember you posting that you wanted to do showmanship or halter with your baby. If so, don't tape those boobs down! They will only be in your favor as your are jogging towards the judge [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

* B E L E N *
    The road goes on forever and the party never ends!
    Ho Ho Ho! Only 8 Days Until *CHRISTMAS*!
    ---&gt; *My Spiffy-rific Page* &lt;--- (BRAND NEW, Completely different site! Dec. 16)
    Belen
    http://community.webshots.com/user/lovingit09
    \"I\'m looking for a dare to be great situation\"- John Cusack

High in the mountains of Southwest Virginia

Another vote for the Title 9 Sports bras. They are the best. I have several of their "Frog Bras" which I wear all of the time. They're not the most flattering bras out there, but believe me, they eliminate any bounce.

Yes, they do give you the monoboob, but I don't mind since I have a problem that no one has brought up yet. Due to open heart surgery when I was a kid, I now have a mismatched set. Righty is on the high side of a C and Lefty is on the low side of a B. When I wear a bra that lifts and separates, the difference in the topography of my chest is rather alarming. Clothes that fit great on the right, sag to my waist on the left. Plus, I find that when I wear a regular bra, most men seem to only talk to my right side unless I help Lefty out with a little extra padding. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

With a bra that creates the monoboob, everything tends to even out and I don't look so bizarro. Lefty is more than happy to share her extra space with Righty. Weird, yes, but it works for me. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Whoops, there goes another rubber tree plant!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If the Number 2 pencil is so popular, why is it still number 2?

I realize how lucky I am now! Don't throw anything at the screen but I'm a 34A...flat as a boy practically and no kids so they never got stretched out. I'm here to tell you that mammograms when you are so small are very uncomfortable! My husband has complained a few times and hinted that I should take those herbs that supposedly cause your boobs to get bigger, but I flat refused! I think I'll stay this way... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself." D.H. Lawrence

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>mammograms when you are so small are very uncomfortable! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Mammograms when you're big are really uncomfortable too.

34A, I think that would be just fine. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

www.1824catalog.com
    They carry a no bounce bra that works very well....I have given them as gifts to friends and wear one myself...no bounce..no wires..no skinny shoulder straps...very comfortable for all sizes...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Merry:
    When do we get a thread for those of us who, when having their annual mammogram, find the skin from their back being stretched and whirled forward like salt water taffy so there's actually something under the machine?

_Bra stuffers of the world, unite!_ [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I honestly read that as "when having their annual monogram..." and couldn't figure out what you were talking about. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] I wasn't sure if it was some vague reference to something else (who knows what!) or if I had missed out on yet another joke... It took me a good few minutes of staring to figure out what it actually said! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Steph [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Half the failures in life arise from pulling in one's horse as he is leaping -Julius Hare

Who will confess to wearing a GIRDLE (or body shaper as they are now called) I have one so I can still squeeze into a pre-baby pants suit that I love.