The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Deep space - corner of no and where (aka Texas)

Willem, may a human ask for advice from you too? You seem very wise and knowledgeable and I was hoping you would have some words of wisdom for me.

Two years ago, my best friend in all the world, Amiga, went to heaven and left me feeling very very sad all the time. You would have loved her, Willem - she was so sweet and beautiful and friendly. She took her tiny baby filly, Esperanza, with her too, and I never even got to meet her or say goodbye to Amiga, because I was 15 hours away on the road, with a dead cell phone. And so I didn't learn of the sad news until the next morning when I called my sister for an update.

My point, Willem, is that I am very lonely and sad now, because I have no horses to be friends with. I don't know anyone around me who will let me ride their horses unless I go two hours south, which is just too long a drive for a Mouse to make every weekend.

I dreamed about Amiga last night and I woke up crying. I have finally managed to let her go, but I miss her so much. I wish that I could have a horse again, so that I would not be so lonely, but we just can't afford it. I can't even have a cat or a dog because our landlord forbids it.

This all makes for a very gray Mouse. Do you have any advice for me, Willem? I would be very grateful for anything you have to tell me.

This is Amiga.

Mouse

Book: If you take advantage of her, you\'re going to burn in a very special level of Hell, a level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater. Firefly

Your letter it haff made me cryed. This it be so verrie sad und if you vos here right now I could giff you some kusjes to make you feel bettre.

Amiga she be verrie beautiful und she haff beed so lucky to haff you for her modder. You loffed her und she loffed you verrie much. Und Esperanza she would haff beed your bestest horsje too.

Not to haff ein horse in your life, for you this it be wrong. I don't nott to know how far you liff from any horses aber I be thinking that die best thing wot it can help you at first it be mebbe wenn you work mit die handicapped riding schools. At mein howse we haff one und die hardest thing it be finding peoples wot know things a-bout horsjes to take care off die horsjes as well. I don't nott to know where in Virginny you liff aber here bie die list von die places wot be in Virginny:

Dream Catchers Therapeutic Riding Center
    P O Box 1261
    Williamsburg, VA 23187-1261
    USA
    (804)966-1414
    dreamcatchers8@cs.com

Charlottesville Area Riding Therapy (C.A.R.T.)
    5924 Fried Farm Road
    Crozet, VA 22932
    USA
    (800)250-3391
    cart@cartcrozet.org

Center for Rehabilitation and Development
    101-K Turnpike Rd
    Bedford, VA 24523
    USA
    (540) 587-6808

NARHA Premier Accredited Center
    EQUI-KIDS Therapeutic Riding Program
    P O Box 4095
    Virginia Beach, VA 23454
    USA
    (757)425-8833
    EQKIDS@aol.com
    www.equikids.org

Astride with Pride, Inc.
    1913 Bell Town Rd
    Bedford, VA 24523
    USA
    (540) 587-0668
    astridewithpride@aol.com
    www.geocities.com

Accomac's Angels on Horseback
    P.O. Box 903
    Accomac, VA 23301
    USA
    (757) 787-2446
    flounder@visi.net

Make A Child Smile, Inc.
    246 Cartersville Rd
    Cumberland, VA 23040
    USA
    (804)492-5572
    macsmile@juno.com
    www.macsmile.com

Virginia Regional Therapeutic Riding Center
    Madcap Farm
    7306 John Marshall Hwy
    The Plains, VA 20198
    USA
    (540)253-5643
    vrtrc@infi.net

Triple R Ranch Special Equestrians
    3531 Bunch Walnuts Rd
    Chesapeake, VA 23322-2899
    USA
    (757)421-4177

Sky's the Limit Therapeutic Horsemanship
    8701 Cardiff Rd
    Richmond, VA 23236
    USA
    (804) 276-7122

Ride With Pride, Inc.
    2435 Shutterlee Mill Rd
    Staunton, VA 24401-6225
    USA
    (540)337-7636

Rainbow Center 4-H Therapeutic Equest. Prog., Inc.
    8033 Ashton Ave Suite 105
    Manassas, VA 20109-8202
    USA
    (703)469-8962
    rainbocenter@aol.com
    www.pwcweb.com/rainbow

Pole Green Park Equestrian Area
    13017 Taylor Complex Ln
    Ashland, VA 23005
    USA
    (804) 779-7948

Hoofbeats Therapeutic Riding Center
    20 Liberty Lane
    Liberty Hill Farm
    Natural Bridge, VA 24578
    USA
    (540)291-4663
    hoofbeats@rockbridge.net
    www.hoof-beats.com

Northern Virginia Therapeutic Riding Program
    P.O. Box 184
    Clifton, VA 20124
    USA
    (703) 764-0269
    nvtrp@bellatlantic.net
    www.nvtrp.org

Gallastar Equine Center, Inc.
    722 Greenfield Mountain Farms
    Afton, VA 22920
    USA
    (804)361-9214

Loudoun Therapeutic Riding Foundation, Inc.
    41793 Tutt Lane
    Leesburg, VA 20176
    USA
    (703)771-2689

Lift Me Up!
    P O Box 104
    Great Falls, VA 22066
    USA
    (703)759-6221

LifeHorse at Stonelea Farm
    21510 Tithables Cr.
    Ashburn, VA 20148
    USA
    (703) 729-6442
    lifehorseva@aol.com

Horseplay Chesterfield County
    P.O. Box 40
    Chesterfield, VA 23832
    USA
    (804)751-4134

A Leg Up Therapeutic Riding Center
    P O Box 1257
    Abingdon, VA 24212
    USA
    (540)628-8492

Hazelwild's Heroes
    5325 Harrison Rd
    Fredricksburg, VA 22407
    USA
    (540) 891-7101
    ccone1@msn.com

Graz'n Acres Therapeutic Riding Center
    14492 Ivor Road
    Sedley, VA 23878
    USA
    (757)653-9615
    grazn@juno.com

Die main site it be www.narha.org und there you can find mannie things.

Der brudder von mein modder Coreene (I loff her), he didn't nott to can haff no dog for a long time und every Saturday he haff goed to die dog pound wot it be in Seal Beach, California und he haff walked dogs for them. This it beed verrie good becose the dogs they didn't nott to have no body to loff them und he haff helped them.

Don't nott to feel bad becose you didn't nott to be mit Amiga wenn she haff goed to die Rainbow Bridge. Her und Esperanza they be waiting for you.

Loff Willem.

PS: I be a German horse und this it be straight from mein mouth.
    ------------------------
    I haff sayed this be fore, I be ein German horse und this it be straight from mein mouth.

1. I want Germany to win
    2. South Korea they be going to giff Germany ein big run for die money
    3. Brazil they be going to beat Turkey
    4. If Germany they beat Korea (this it will be verrie hard for them) und they play Brazil in final, I don't nott to think Germany they can beat Brazil.

------------------------
    I haff sayed this be fore, I be ein German horse und this it be straight from mein mouth.

Portia is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Dearest Willem:

You are a very, very sweet horse, and very caring. I'm sure Mrs. Mouse will appreciate all the work you had to do searching the internet, and will appreciate the virtual kusjes.

I mentioned this to Lucien, and he wanted me to tell Mrs. Mouse that if she came to Conroe, Lucien would allow her to ride him. This is a very big offer from Lucien, as he knows the value of a good sunbath and not working as much as you do.

Oh, the Real Portia wanted me to tell you that she never, ever acts like a girl horsje ho. She does, however, send you many schnuffles.

(Not-the-real) Portia

"I hold it that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing..." Thomas Jefferson
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

I be sending die real Portia mannie kusjes in return.

Die handicapped riding schools they be wonderful und I think that this it be a good thing to do. Mein modder Coreene (I loff her), mannie years a-go she be giffed ein mare, her name wot it be Snowflake. This it be ein mare wot she haff beed build like ein brick schitthowse bulldog Qvarter Horsje und she haff beed ein buckskin snowflake appaloosa. Coreene she haff needed ein horse wot she can do some medals with und this mare she beed die only thing wot she haff beed able to use.

Wenn Snowflake she haff beed retired, she haff goed to ein NARHA school und wenn they don't nott to haff can rided her no more they haff used her for die ground things becose you cann to be right next to her mit die wheel chair und Snowflake she don't nott to haff getted scared.

Snowflake she haff beed 34 wenn she haff passed on.

------------------------

Willem, you are simply the best horse alive! Thank you so much for the links - I will definitely look into them and see if there are any near me. I am in southwest "Virginny", about an hour south of Roanoke. I may also look into taking lessons at a local farm, if I can screw up my courage enough. Consider many big hugs and kisses to be planted on your lovely soft nose.

Portia - your offer brought tears to my eyes! And I have to caution you, because I have family in Conroe, so it's not actually out of the question that I might take you up on that! Tell Lucien he is wonderful and I am very grateful for his generosity. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Alas, for the money to be able to board a pony near me...I would be a much more stable person if I could! (Pun not actually intended; sorry about that.)

Mouse

"Because he dodges bullets, Avi!!"

Book: If you take advantage of her, you\'re going to burn in a very special level of Hell, a level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater. Firefly

Horsies we just find the people we loff. I know a horsie wot loff you will find you verrie soon.

Loff Willem.

------------------------

Willem, I already know I loff you! Has your lovely mother Coreene (whom you loff so deeply) ever thought of cloning you? I would dearly love (oops, loff) to be owned by your twin brother or sister!
    Thank you for your encouraging words and the lovely pictures you sent - you are such a handsome boy that my husband is quite jealous at how much I oohed and aahed over you! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Candy Guest

Dear MrsMouse, this is Candy, the Queen, and I agree that Willem's idea is brilliant and Lucien's offer much nicer than I could do. I'd like to offer some other ideas that we've used successfully around here to get that good scent of horse breath in your head.
    1. offer to work at that schooling barn in exchange for lessons.
    2. offer to help groom for someone - you never know where that could lead.
    3. volunteer at local horse shows. They look for people to be fence judges, ring stewards, bit checkers, scorers, etc. There surely is a job waiting for you that would get you mixing with the 'horse set' and you never know where it will lead.
    4. talk to everyone. My mother got friendly with a waitress and ended up adopting the evil Evan, my hated 'brother' (he takes my mother away from me!).

These are just some of the places where I've met up with very nice folks who were 'temporarily horseless'.

Your Amiga was a beautiful girl. All of us shed a tear for you and know you'll meet again someday.

Your friend,

Candy

Another great one as well.

Die grooming it be verrie fun aber you haff to remember to bring die water bucket to your charges mannie times. I haff seed that mannie peoples they don't nott to do this.

Und why do so mannie peoples not dismount between die classes????

------------------------

Seoul Korea and Victoria British Columbia Canada

MEIN DEAREST GOTT, HERR WILLEM!!!!

Es ist DER BIGGEST NIGHTMARE . . . Der Koreanisch Football Team ist KAPUTT!!!!!!

Der Koreanisch Horses sind crying und crying und crying. Even der extra bran mash, no stop der crying . . .

Willem: Haben sie ein Luger Pistol to put der Koreanisch Horses out of their misery????? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Dear Willem:
    I have been doing some searching and unfortunately, the closest therapeutic center is in Natural Bridge, nearly two hours away. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    However, there is a nice boarding stable outside of town that has very low rates and LOTS of horses - they offer lessons, so I might be able to go there.
    If I could afford the boarding rate ($125 a month pasture board) I would definitely be thinking about even leasing a horse. Isn't this pathetic, that I can't even afford board that is THAT cheap??? <sigh>
    My husband needs to become a millionaire...
    Love,
    Mouse