The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

I be verrie sorrie that I don't nott to haff beed her yester-day aber I didn't nott to be in die mood. I vos sunbathing, this it be one off mein verrie favorite things to do.

And also I vos looking through catalogs und online fur ein new longboard.

QUINCY: spinning wenn you beed verrie scared off some thing, it don't nott to be bad becose you don't nott to can help this. Aber you need to remember that most off die things wot we be scared off they don't nott to be nothing, so just don't nott to worrie a-bout it. This ditch it don't nott to be scary aber it vos scary wenn these boys they were making die ditch, aber they haff made it all ready so it don't nott to be scary no more. Mebbe die next time you be scared you hafff to tell your modder that you be scared. Und then she help you.

Wot every boddie they be doing on die week-end? I want to go surfing.

Loff Willem.

PS: I be a German horse und this it be straight from mein mouth.
    ------------------------
    I haff sayed this be fore, I be ein German horse und this it be straight from mein mouth.

I is standing in my stall all weekend. Just like always...

-Pirate
    Seig Heil Polo Shirt!

I doesn't even have no friends to talk to, cuz everybody is at the horse show. Just me and the baby and old Pepper and the other baby. And the cats. And they are all far aways from me. So they don't not make too much noise and I get excited.

-Pirate
    Seig Heil Polo Shirt!

Mein favorite books they be by C.W. Anderson. Mein verrie favorite it be "Blaze und the little ponie wot it haff gray spots," aber I also loff "Der Horsje Pferd von Hurricane Hill" verrie much aber it haff maked me cry in some places.

Also tell you modder that it be verrie importante that you haff ein radio in your howse on country western. This it be music wot I think be schitt aber mannie vets they haff sayed that this it be verrie good to play wenn you be in die lay up.

------------------------
    I haff sayed this be fore, I be ein German horse und this it be straight from mein mouth.

I know that you are a big fan of Law & Order, and also that you have a lovely singing voice, so I was wondering if you think that Jerry Orbach misses singing.

Do you miss showing?

They plays country music at the barn all the times! They used to play nothing but loud angry music, but that groom-girl not work there no more.

Yeah country. Although it makes me wanna dance, but i not is allowed to dance. Oh well, I pretend anyway.

-Pirate
    Seig Heil Polo Shirt!

Prozac Pony likes "Desperado" by the Eagles... that's probably not going to make you want to dance.

Eagles? Those is birds, right? We gots birds in the manure pile...I doesn't like their singing. They noiser than me. And I is noisy, especially during Dinner.

-Pirate

[This message was edited by ABrokenPirate on Jun. 14, 2002 at 06:56 PM.]
    Seig Heil Polo Shirt!

This it be mein favorite show, even more now than watching show jumping. I don't nott to watch no dressage becose it putt me to sleep.

I didn't know that Jerry Orbach he haff singed. Wot he haff singed mit?

I don't nott to miss showing. Mannie times wenn there it be ein show at mein stables I go up die hill und watch die hunters. I loff this aber I haff getted in trouble mannie times becose I haff stealed food from die hands off other peoples. I haff telled mein modder Coreene (I loff her) that this it don't nott to be mein fault becose I haff thinked that these peoples the vos giffing me die food.

Aber to be in ein show I think that this it be wrong for me now becose it be so boring. Mannie peoples they come up to me und say "Willem, you bist verrie handsome, mebbe you should go in die show and let every boddie know how handsome you be," aber I don't nott to want to. I haff sayed to all off these peoples, "Beed there, doed that," und this it be wot it be, BEED THERE, DOED THAT.

And I don't nott to like mein hair in pigtails.

------------------------

I certainly understand about the pigtails. I don't think Prozac Pony likes his pigtails, either, although he looks very handsome in them, and he is a Very Good Boy and stands still to let the Pigtail Lady put them in.

Jerry Orbach was on Broadway early in his career. You can read about it on his Law & Order biography page. My favorite role of his was in "The Fantastiks" - he was El Gallo (but now, on Law & Order, he is NOT a chicken).

Is one of the Kings of Broadway.

He was in original" A little Night Music" and "Chicago" and played a lawyer!

He can sing me to sleep any day [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

_\\]
    -- * > hoopoe
    The ancient Greeks did not write obituaries. They only wanted to know if you had a passion.
    _\\\\]
    -- * > hoopoe

www.meanderingwa.blogspot.com

One of the "Murder, She Wrote" episodes in which he played Harry McGraw was...

From the Horse's Mouth!

And Dianne Wiest, now playing in Law & Order with Jerry Orbach, was also in...

The Horse Whisperer!

And Jerry Orbach and Monty Roberts (The Man Who Listens to Horses) have both been involved in Internet domain name disputes

i'm not much of a Law and Order fan, but i can help you out in the horse-related department. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Liz Rohm, who plays the DA (i think she's new) rides. she keeps one of her horses (an enormous hannoverian gelding named Illustrious, or Illy) at my old barn, a huge dressage facility in westchester. she doesn't get there very often, and usually just hacks out in the fields/woods.

happy weekend, everybody

Nothing was scary anymore! And Jobe stopped seeing dead people! Ever since I have started asking you for advice all my problems are going away! Thank you very much Willem! I have also attached a photograph of beautiful me, and I need advice on how I should do my forelock. It is very long and when I shake my head it parts and lies on either side of my eyes, but when mommy does it pretty it only stays for a few minutes.

Also, today I had the most fun day. I was at a horse show and mommy and me did big jumps and we were superstars!

What does it take to be number one? Two is not a winner and three nobody remembers
    Someone has a crush on the starter...
    Don\'t get mad, get glad!

Willem, You could be the new Dear Appy (or whatever they are calling it now) in RIDE! I believe it goes down in that area. You would give much better advice.

Candy Guest

I swiped Candy's computer while she was polishing her nails to ask a question. I'm a big tough retired race horse (who won at least 10% of my purchase price but that wasn't good enough for somebody) and then got turned out for ages. No one noticed I was in pain and then they started to jump me and it all got worse. Then this very nice lady looks at me and tells my 'big' rider to get off and she gets on and asks questions I can't answer and then she pets me and says it's OK! No one ever did that before! Next thing I know I'm whipped away to her house and these people all make a fuss over me and stick happy juice in me and stick pins and this funny talking man gives me new shoes with bounce to them. I feel like Michael Jackson.

So here's my problem. See, now I feel soo good for the first time in my life that I was wanting to tell my new mommy (I love her very much) how good I felt. So when she got on I just jumped in the air and clicked my heels! How was I to know she'd shoot a foot in the air and land back on my back? I didn't run or do anything naughty! But she got off and made me work until I was sweaty. What did I do wrong? How can I show her I love her?

Your new friend, Evan. (She calls me 'heavenly'. Isn't that nice?)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Willem:

_MEIN SCHATZI PORTIA:_ You bist verrie beautiful

Liebschen, I am wanting to schnuffel mit you all die time.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sniff, Sniff.. I thought I was your girlfriend Filly Mare, and then I read THIS!

I understand that your are very handsome and you have to fight off all the girls, but my feelings are hurt by this blatant disregard for our love.

Perhaps some chocolate will make me stop crying
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    ~Proudly \"bonked\" member of OMGiH I loff my mare clique!!~ and the Redheads with Redheads clique!!!!

I am viewing yur picture as I type dis. It is easy to see you are da sweet one from da photo. Now, to da questions:

1). Regawding da squirrels. They must be irRATicated. Your hu-mom (You LOVE her) and your hu-dad (him - asi, asi) clearly do not understand the devastation and distruction squirrels and wabits can cause! You can try showing them where da squirrels have entered the house (chew the hole a little bigger first) and how the rabbits have eaten the flowers (if you're not sure which ones are poisonous, just bite through the stems)This is the time for stealth! When dey sez yu can gettem, you must PRETEND not to be interested in da aminals by playing with a ball or stick. Den, when da hu-mom is not looking, and da squirrel is thinkin you don't care about him, you makes your move! ZIP go for the tail! If you shorten his tail a bit, he won't come back! And he'll tell all his rodent friends to give you a wide berth because you are the Mighty Jack Bobbitt (arfarfarfarfarf). Also, did you know dat if yuz sticks your paw into were da door joins da frame, you can pull or slide da door open? Yup. It's true.

And 2) How to rid yourself of your embarrassing brother, Maori? Well, dis bez a tuffie. I know, cuz I've tried to get rid of my sister Olive who refuses to grow up. Is der anyway you could make your hu-folk tink he's been messing in da house while ensuring they don't think its YOU? Da bestest trick for getting Maori outta da bed is to get under da covers when Maori is on TOP of dem, den roll him off. Dis way he will be growling but you will be blameless (how could you know he was there?). You could also try reverse Sikology. Like betting him he's not fast enough to nip Hammie's fetlock as Merry goes by. Or by telling him the hay truck's tire said he was a wuss and challenged him to a duel. But be careful as deez can be 'permanent vacations' and I'm thinkin you prolly likes Maori deep (okay, very deep) down.

Hope dis helps. BTW you look like my handsome grandfather, Rusty. He was a sweetie too [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Your terrierific fwend,
    Pinchy
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

Aber I didn't nott to want you to think that I haff forgetted a-bout you.

Aber I haff just looked at die ad von Cactuskate und I haff to cry und I don't nott to can type then, so I be back later.

Loff Willem.

------------------------

Portia is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

You must be doing a lot of sunbathing... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

"I hold it that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing..." Thomas Jefferson
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry