The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> but just this ONCE, ErinB, I'll humor you. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quick! Look out the window! In the sky! Is that a pig I see? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

~Erin B #1
    Compare music to drinks. Some is like a strong brandy. Some is like a fine wine. The music you're playing sounds like Diet Coke.

Only if that fat lady is rockin out on stage

-Amanda

"when angry, count four. When very angry, swear." Mark Twain

I live in Northwest Connecticut. I ride Hunter/Jumper, but don't own my own horse. I ride schoolies [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I enjoy long walk on the beach and new age music... oh wait, no, I like movies and funny things (like pictures of ErinB and her friends) and stuff like that. I have AOL, so if anyone wants to chat, hit me up [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Emmapony84. Hope to talk to anyone who's interested [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

*EMMA*
    http://emmapony.diaryland.com

Well let's see...I'm 15, live in Austin, Texas, and my ex-boyfriend that I'm still in love with just got cheated on by with girlfriend and so they are probably breaking up so I am very, very happy right now!!!!

But ANYways...I have a horse that is up in Houston right now trying his hardest to be sold (as he has been trying for since November, people are just slow and indecisive!). Currently I am riding a 17h TB named Leader, who is in first place currently for the horses-I-might-buy position. I love Lucky Charms and Pastaroni, chillin' with my homies [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] and spending way too much time online. I usually have "post-spurts" where I post an obscene amount in a short period of time...but that's only when I'm not too busy having a life. Which is oh, 98% of the time.

"You sure got a purdy mouth..."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> and my ex-boyfriend that I'm still in love with... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How long did you go out with him? 3 days? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

What does your signature mean, anyway? Me curious.

~Erin B #1
    You... you can't dump me! I'm using your name for all my passwords! What exactly am I supposed to do about that!?

I am a 17 year old (almost 18, showing as 17) and I live in Palmer, Alaska. Which is an itty-bitty hick town, with about 50k people.

I ride slave horses at the barn...usually either a 14hh Connemara gelding (Ghost)or a 16.1 TB/QH mare(Clem). I show (last year) in CHildren's Hunters and 3' Eq. This year I wanna do Children's Jumpers, Mini-Medal, and Eq. But I have to find something to show first. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

In my "spare" time, I like to do drama at school. I just recently finished owning 10 people. I have one "boyfriend" but who knows how long he will last because *gasp* he doesn't like horses (what was i thinking?) But we say I have 9 boyfriends, because there is too much Rebecca for just one boy!

I am also somewhat insane, and undiagnosed ADHD.

Next year I am *hopefully* going to Colo. State.

Rebecca
    Eeks! My horsie looks like a mule!!!
    http://www.virtue.nu/pirateer/home.html

[This message was edited by Pirateer on Jan. 30, 2002 at 12:02 AM.]
    Seig Heil Polo Shirt!

My name is Niki, I am currently living in Clemson while I attend (duh) Clemson. I am 21 and am graduating in May which means I will be getting the he** out of this horrible place to go ANYWHERE else. But my parents are in Northern VA so thats where I'll end up for a bit.

I own one very old pony that I got when I was 10 - he is Mr. Chips. I ride a bunch of my trainer's horses down here though - she is the only thing I will miss about being down here - and she is the only reason I would stay!!!

Oh yeah I almost forgot - I like to party and watch hockey. And the intellectual side of me likes to read for fun *GASP* [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    - - - - - -
    \"I found my inner bitch and ran with her.\" ~ Courtney Love

I no longer have a real name. I am just simply, RF.

That said.. I am almost 21 and a junior @ Clemson University.

When I am not at school, I am a trainer close by in Anderson, SC. I do not own (or even lease) a farm, but I board a horse at Ten Oaks Farm. Most of the time though, I work at Katie B Farm, where I train paints (mostly 3yrs and younger) and manage one paint stallion... Impress A San Man. I am currently focusing exclusively on paint breed shows. (english and western)

I have one horse, Country Grammar, or Cisco. He is 3 according to the APHA, but his birthday is in May. He is, of course, a paint. Red dun tobiano to be exact.

Other than that I have one perfect JRT, Hollywood (more commonly known as Woodi) and one crazy cat (Max).

My hobby is sleeping. I dont get to do it enough to call it anything but that. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

-----------------------------
    RumoursFollow
    Ten Oaks Farm
    -----------------------------
    Teneriffe Enterprises- NW Indiana
    www.saradanielhaynes.com

Ok, I'll play.
    I live in DC, and "work" from home (this way I can tell clients I'm busy with another client, when of course I am off riding).
    I'm in my 30's, and that sounds bad enough.
    I got bitten by that irresistible eventing bug last year, and have been leasing a older TB eventer (who thinks he's 4 on a regular basis). But today, I am going out to ride my NEW HORSE for the first time. He's a 17.2 Irish draught cross, and, like all new owners, I'm totally besotted with him.
    He's about to get surgery for a bone chip, though, so I'll be feeding him carrots and handwalking him, instead of eventing him, this spring [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]...it's an investment in our future, which I hope will be long, happy, and high-speed (he's good at that part, I know).
    The big man -- no longer an only child

His new little brother

My name is Dee and I'm 23. I'm currently a graduate student working on my MBA (Econ is not fun! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] ) Anyway, I live just outside of Cleveland and have been riding since I was six (it's all my mom's fault, she gave me and my brother and sister riding lessons because she thought that's what a good mom does. I'm the only one that was hooked from day one...so blame the obsession on my mom!)

I have a horse by default. My friend left town to do some "soul searching" and I now have his horse. I don't mind beacuse that is extra ride time! I usually lease a school horse from the barn during the summer to show.

Other than that, I have a mutt named Hank and an old cat named Cat.

Toodles!

Ok, I'll take a shot.

I'm Nellie, I'm 15(turning 16 in 9 days!) I'm from N.H.

I own one horse, a paint mare, who is turning 4, but acts like 10.

I'm a sophomore, and am counting down to summer, only 1/2 way to go! Mid-Term week is this week [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I have been riding since I was 2 but started lessons when I was 6.

Outside of school, I am looking into collges, I want to go out west! My friend is mostlikely going to some college out in Utah, it would be nice to go out there too, but I'll have to wait... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I'm 16 and currently live in land of the Latin (Puerto Rico) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I own one horse named Beezer.He is a 5 year old tb/arab.

I'm a Floridian, but my mom got transfered here 6 months ago-I'm not having fun I own a hunter, and love it-however, they only do jumpers here-and very little of that.

My best friend is ErinB, the kooky girl that posted this topic.

Let's see... I'd like to graduate with a degree in elementary education and a minor in journalism.

Hobbies include: Slaving after my horse I love too much-and slaving over my homeowork I love so little [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

They all think I'm anorexic, even my grandmother. I'm being taken to a nutrisionist as a result of my pediatricion (I tried many times to spell that, can't [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ) jumping to conclusions when my father mentioned 'mental' at my last checkup.

My horse keeps me happy, and I have no friends. la la la-life goes on [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

You can visit my website here:Following Fate

-A Puerto Rican Whit,
    Oh!Oh! I know! -What was the question?

[This message was edited by FatLilPony AKA Respite on Jan. 30, 2002 at 01:50 PM.]
    I must say, I\'ve met some horses whose feet smell far worse than my husband\'s.

Heya guys! HAH! Most of ya'll already know me but for those of you who don't....

I am a 15 year old from SC (just like out friend Megan)....it is EXTREMELY boring...and I'm a sophmore (homeschooled) so yeh...I have NO social life...just horses! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] ...and horsey people....

My hobbies are riding and soccer...and EATING!

I own 3 horses. Leap of Faith "Jon" is my eq/jumper horsey! He is my man...hehe...I wouldn't trade him for the world! Multiple Choice "Liberty" is my greenie who is now doing the first years. And..*drum roll please* my TRAIL-blazin'-pony -jumper-barell-racin-just-for- fun pony, Red Man! HEHE! He rocks and even though I am WAY to big on him, I just can't part with him!

Well, that's about all....isn't my life exciting?!?
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

*Sarah Beth*
    *Sarah Beth*
    \"Falling\'s part of the game. It\'s like my dad always says: \"No matter how good you are, the ice is still slippery!\" -Michelle Kwan

I'm Laura and I'm 19. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I live in upstate New York (by Albany) and go to Cazenovia College where I major in Equine Business Management. I'm on the IHSA team there but am taking the semester off for medical reasons.

I like to play soccer, ride (duh!), read, take pictures, hang out with my friends, travel, etc.

Currently I own one horse, my adorable first pony (pic attached). This summer I'll be leasing an Appendix mare and showing her in the hunters and possibly adult eq. And I'll be doing the jumpers on some of my trainer's horses. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] I mostly show in western Mass.

~ Laura ~

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/sunsav

Alrighty then...

My name's Ellen, and I'm exactly 2 months away from being 21...okay, so I'm still only 20. But it sounds cooler the other way. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] I'm from Baltimore originally, but I live in Chambersburg, PA at the moment for school. I'm a junior, and my major is Equestrian Studies/English.

I have a QHx gelding named Dunn By Picasso (Dunn), who's 13 this year. I've had him for about a year and a half now, and we're hopefully going to move up to the A/A hunters this year. Right now we do the 2'6 (Pre-Adult when the show has it) and some equitation. He lives in Maryland, so I go home most weekends to work with him. When I'm at school, I ride a QH named Kid, who's kinda green and pretty silly, but he's a lot of fun.

I occasionally play flute, something that I used to do all the time before college. My friends and I are hardcore movie buffs (seeing as how there's nothing else to do around here. We have to drive to Hagerstown to even get to a decent movie theater), and we spend way too much money that we don't have seeing movies that aren't actually worth the trouble. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

"Technology is my friend, and sooner or later I will beat my friend into submission."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedOctober & *Adastra*:
    Name: Ash (or in Erin's case Surreal)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't forget me, Surreal! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Alright, well I'm Lindsay (or to Erin and Ash, Kenzie). I'm 15, live in wonderful NJ. I have a small pony, Frosty and a large pony, Irish Delight or "Burt". Both of those lazy bums are retired. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

If you're a horse, and someone gets on you, and falls off, and then gets right back on you, I think you should buck him off right away. - Jack Handey
    *Pony Rock*

No no no ErinB, that was the senior, I'm talking about Moped Man!!! (Who, by the way, is now BMW man!!!!!)

"You sure got a purdy mouth..."

I'm Chelsea, I'm 15 years old and live in Northern Virginia. I've been living here all of my life (well, except for when I was born to when I was 3...Then I lived in Nowhereville, Texas) I started riding when was 6 or 7...I foget. I got my pony when I was 13 and I sold him in September and bought my horse Sonnet or 'To The Stars', a 15.3hh, Belgian Warmblood Mare. Right now, we're teaching her how to jump, and get round and long and low -- you know, all that fun stuff! In the spring whe we start to show, we'll do Pleasure Horse and Greens. Just the local stuff! And thats about it. I just posted pictures so go look at them!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

.:*Chelsea & Sonnet*:.
    - Formerly Hats Off -

http://community.webshots.com/user/tothestars

My name is Sara and I have two horses, a 'mature' eq horse, and a pre green hunter. I show in zone nine, in both those divisions. Oh, and I'm 15 years old. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

~SARA~
    Horse, thou truly are a creature without equal, for thou fliest without wings and conquerest without sword.
    Sara

Hey everybody!

Name Rachel
    Age 21
    Occupation
    Junior @ NC State University, assistant trainer
    Horses
    Southern Moonshine (Moon) -8 year old 15.3hh TB/QH. Flip-flops between 1st years and schooling jumper (depending on what mood i'm in [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] )
    Possum -19 year old 16.3hh retired show hunter...very underweight and arthritic when I got him. He's now back up to a healthy weight, sound, and enjoys trail rides.
    Hobbies Sailing, Crew (rowing), and playing violin (I play with the NCSU Symphony).

-Rachel
    Rachel and Moon's Website