The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

On the suggestion of another BB'er, here's part 3 (or 2 or 4, can't remember) of the Let's Meet thread. Since we have a lot of new BB'ers lately, I thought it would be a good idea for them to introduce themselves and us to re-introduce ourselves (lest we forget who we are).

You know... the usual. Name, age (uh, maybe for juniors [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]), where you live, horses you have, hobbies, etc.

~Erin B #1
    Compare music to drinks. Some is like a strong brandy. Some is like a fine wine. The music you're playing sounds like Diet Coke.

On the suggestion of another BB'er, here's part 3 (or 2 or 4, can't remember) of the Let's Meet thread. Since we have a lot of new BB'ers lately, I thought it would be a good idea for them to introduce themselves and us to re-introduce ourselves (lest we forget who we are).

You know... the usual. Name, age (uh, maybe for juniors [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]), where you live, horses you have, hobbies, etc.

~Erin B #1
    Compare music to drinks. Some is like a strong brandy. Some is like a fine wine. The music you're playing sounds like Diet Coke.

I'll go first~~~

My name is Suz, I'm 28 years old, live in coastal SC. I have a small hunter barn called Upper Mill, currently only 6 horses, number 7 is at my friend BaileyBFF's farm. I own 4: first pony, Scarlett, QH mare~ Skipper, BIG 17H appendix QH gelding~ Raleigh, and appendix QH mare~ Beamer.

I enjoy Ebay, Rit dying show shirts, and love sushi, aside from my normal everyday horsie activities & shows. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Am currently in flight school, training for career as a commerical pilot. Dad just got a new airplane this week for me to build time in~ YAY!
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

That's about all I can think of... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] SUZ

~~~Do you think the JUDGE saw it???~~~
    Crayola posse~ orange yellow, official pilot
    Proud owner of "High Flight" & "Shorty"

Name: Lisa

Horses:

Picasso, 14 yo Tb gelding. My 'awesome' Jumper who was Champion in the A/O Jumpers at his show on Sunday.

and I'm a senior in high school. I live near Richmond, VA, and own 1 horse. About 2 months ago my family and I gave our 17 year old TB mare, Breeze, away to a breeder friend of ours, because she was no longer sound. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    The horse I own now is a 6 year old, 14.2ish Morgan gelding named Vinny. I love him to death, but he is sadly for sale [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] because he just does not enjoy jumping, and I'd like to start showing hunters/jumpers.
    In my spare time I like to ride [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] , play with my two dogs, Barney a 12 year old Yorkie, and Roxy a 10 month old Husky/German Shepard, and hang out avec mes amis. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

AlyssaC
    All I wanted was a white knight, with a good heart, soft touch, fast horse!

Name: Andrea

Horses: 20 year old pony Darva, 12 Year old TB buster, 5 year old QH Freckle Face

I Used to ride and show Hunter/Jumper gave it all up when I met My cowboy Bf in Colorado traded in the Huntcap for a stetson and the rest is history. BF has a ranch in Co. I dont show anymore ride my horses for pleasure only. BF has my QH at the ranch he uses her when him and his partner team rope around co. The TB and pony are with me for the winter months in NJ. Ok thats my life in a nutshell Next.....

Other horses:

Fox, 9 yo Tb gelding. My up-and-coming Jumper.

Conan, 2 1/2 yo ISH gelding. My future Jumper.

Catalina, 9 month old Holstiner. My really future Jumper.

Hey I'm Katie (I'm 19). Currently in Ohio for school, but you'll find me in good ol' NJ over breaks! I don't own a horse at the moment and probably won't til I graduate college. Oh well. At least I still get to ride!

--Katie--

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experiance.~*~Proud member of the College Clique!~
    \"Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday\"

Age?
    Physically: 16, Mentally: Very old. Where's my walker?

Location: Richmond, VA, but soon to be living in Bowie MD, and then Easton MD.

Horses: Well, I guess you could call it a horse/fjord. More like a furry sqealy toy that weighs about 900 lbs.

*J*
    -The Girl With Endoscope Eyes

(gee this feels like AA [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] uh j/k, never been there I promise)

I live in SC- for anyone who's curious, I do not recommend living in this state- and I'm 17 (I show as 16...ah, only 2 more years left). Let's see, hobbies? On second thought, better not go there. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Okie, my horsies...

I love my horses to death!! Their names are Churchill and Bring On Da Funk (yes, that's his name...). Churchill- otherwise known as MOUSE- is my equitation horse; he is about 18 hands and grey, reeeeaaally sweet and adorable. Of course I'm a little biased. And I do the jr jumpers with Funky, who is a lease. He is bay; a little green but tries really really hard for me always, even if I mess up. He's full of energy and always a lot of fun!!

Ok, well that's all about me and my steeds. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    -Megan

Name: Ash (or in Erin's case Surreal)

Where from: The land of beer (Canada)

Horses: Holsteiner Cody (Red October), Belgian Warmblood Ivy (Adastra)

Why is it hot here? Im in Canada, its not allowed to be hot!

Je m'appelle Emily, j'ai 16 ans, et mon cheval s'appelle Dixie. Et je parle francais.

For those non-French-speaking BBers, my name is Emily, I'm 16 and my horse's name is Dixie.

While we're on the topic of Dixie, I show her in Chester County, PA, in the Children's Hunters and equitation. She's a sweet little thing with a ton of talent, but I haven't quite figured out how to mold all that talent into the shape of a hunter.

I amuse easily, if you couldn't tell. I suppose you could call that one of my hobbies [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Other than that, I really don't have many.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    * Emily *
    If you're here for four more years or four more weeks, you're here right now.
    I think when you're somewhere, you ought to be there.
    It's not about how long you stay in a place, it's about what you do while you're there, and when you go, is that place any better for your having been there?

SC.. not so good. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I can't wait to graduate and move, hopefully back to wonderful, perfect VA.

Uhm.. I'm 20, I go to USC and am chasing a DD in Psych and English (much like chasing my tail, of course). I also work at my fantastic barn to help offset costs on my guys, and try desperately to drum up commissions for artwork. Any other time, I am usually sitting around watching the same movie over and over (This week: Fight Club. Last week: Shakespeare in Love). I am an amazingly exciting person, if you couldn't tell.

I have 3 horses currently - Saratoga, the wonder gelding who is showing me (patiently) how to ride jumpers; William, a DWB 3 year old who I've owned since he was 9 months old; and Kately, the wonder mare who *also* lives with BaileyBFF (I believe she's collecting in a world domination plot, if you ask me).

---------
    Delighted Studios
    ---------
    Delighted Studios - I\'m not too proud to beg.

Name: Erin (oh, really?)

Hobbies: Anything that requires minimal usage of the "Math" portion of my brain. Particuarly writing, riding of course, and making websites.

Horses: Griffen, 10 year old TB (for sale), Hopper, 12 year old QH, Silky, miniature (old as dirt, maybe older), and Mickey, my trainer's 2 year old Welsh pony cross (not ours).

Etc: Visit website.

~Erin B #1

My real name is Jen, I'm not that old, and am a Pittsburgher relocated to Philadelphia. I have a 5 year old TB (Hobson) and a 16-year-old appaloosa (Rex). I'm not a university department head, but this year I'm playing one at work. In my other lives I'm a graduate student in Science, Technology & Society, I ride bikes, and I write publications on sexual assault/sexual harassment issues. I also like Peeps a great deal.

My real name is Maureen.
    I'm 17, but show as sixteen. Wait, aren't shows those things you trailer to with your horse all bathed and yourself fairly well groomed in tall boots and breeches instead of chaps? Oh yeah, ok I don't show, lol, but for once every other blue moon.

My horse: Just one, a twelve (he's not 13 till April darn it!!!!) yr old TB gelding named Tag. his show name, not that I've actually used it yet-no I'm not kidding- is Atypical. What we do usually depends on the day. he's either my jumper, my Eq horse if I'm feeling particularly ambitious, my trail horse or just my bud. I have considered teaching him how to cut, move those cows!, and how to drive, but haven't done it yet. hey, I'm eclectic, got a problem??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

~*~
    I get bored easily, amuse me peon! LOL [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    You know, if you took this jello, put it in a mold and froze it, you could be like look....an emerald. Dude, I'd kick some guys ass he ever tried to give me a jello ring.

okay I feel like attatching pictures of my horses. teehee. First one is rosie

okay and this is Ivy (and you have all seen the Cody pics!)

Name: Kris.

Age: somewhere in my 30's [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] .

Horse: one, a grey TB named "Cassie."

Other activities/hobbies/interests: Well, I work in marketing. I enjoy singing and playing piano. I grew up in Indianapolis, so I was indoctrinated in auto-racing fandom at a very young age. I started out being very into Indy cars and F1. But then I moved to North Carolina and, I shudder to say it, got into following NASCAR!

Oh , I must add that I have two adorable little sheltie-dogs: Maddie, a sable female, and Strut, a black and white male. And yes, as my screen name suggests, I do have a terribly hard time keeping them from devouring my footwear! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific." -- Lily Tomlin

Sometimes I wonder if anyone really wants to know me, but just this ONCE, ErinB, I'll humor you. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

My name's Amanda, I'm 18, and I'm a recent convert from h/j to eventing. I could not be any more excited about being on "the dark side". [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] My horse is a "ripened" (don't call him old, I can't deal with such 3 letter words) TB gelding that is very cute, but thinks that scaring the bajeezus outa mommy is just way too fun. I'll attach a picture of the wooly mammoth...

Oh yeah, and I'm from TEXAS! Yeehaw [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

-Amanda

"when angry, count four. When very angry, swear." Mark Twain