The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default FIRE!!! Urgent horse transport needed in Manorville, NY right now due to fire!

Just posted on Facebook on the Hampton Classic Horse Show page:

LOCAL ALERT: Manorville Fire is threatening horse farms, Annies Acres and Hidden Pond Stables. They need trailers and help with evacuating horses. If anyone can be of assistance please do! Must approach from LIE exit 69 or 70.

Anyone in that area that can help?

Hope everyone is okay...

Additional details posted:

Anyone with evav horses-Caitirose farm in Baiting Hollow
    will take 20 head-tale lie to 71 north to Sound av make left at bottom of hill on left side. Was just told 20 to 30 horses are trapped at Anne's. Any empty Trailers go to Hidden Pond.

New update at 6:14 Eastern Standard Time -

For East Enders, update from Neptune Feed:
    Anyone with evav horses-Caitirose farm in Baiting Hollow
    will take 20 head-tale lie to 71 north to Sound av make left at bottom of hill on left side. Was just told 20 to 30 horses are trapped at An...ne's. Any empty Trailers go to Hidden Pond.

Caitrose Farm will have orange cones at the end of there driveway-across from Boy scouts camp.

Also, to help with horse trailers/stalls where they can be brought, call Chuck at 631-553-6758.

New update:

If anyone can walk or drive north of North st on wading River rd-There Are barns across from Sportsman Kennel -they can't get the horses on the trailers-Police are trying to get the people to leave the horses behind

6:20 PM - Eastern Standard Time:

Updates can be found here -
    https://www.facebook.com/neptunefeeds

Police are not letting horse trailers through - too dangerous - people are trying to park trailers and go get horses and lead them to the exit. They are now starting to evacuate other local farms because the fire is expected to spread.

They just let some trailers through! Need more trailers and trucks!!! Anyone in this area with truck and trailer and space at their farm to temporarily board - please contact the phone number on the site - listed above.

I am in Virginia and reading the updates real time but have to sign off- please keep checking this Facebook page for updates:

https://www.facebook.com/neptunefeedsl - then

Anyone in Long Island or within an hour of manorville that can take horses in to their farm - or if you have truck and trailer and can help haul then please contact Chuck at the number listed above.

Let' pray for our fellow farm owners, equestrians and the sweet horses that are in danger.

Very, very sad. I'd be there in a heartbeat if I didn't live across the nation. Makes me want to cry, hope they get all the horses out safely.

Update at 7:04PM: just heard from Lyndsey Bailey-Anne's acres is empty all horses and dogs evacuated.
    Hidden Pond needs trailers- you have to park and walk in and walk the horses out. Put a towel over there eyes and just get them out of there,trailers are waiting at church parking lot

Oh my gosh - this is killing me - I wish I lived close to help them! Join me in praying for these people and the horses!

They need local farm with open paddocks and stalls to take in horses that are evacuated - details and phone numbers on the Facebook page.

Living in New Mexico, where the whole state burned down last year, just reading about this gives me shivers.

Every farm needs an evac plan.

Fingers crossed!

endless jingles that they get all the animals out safely.

horror!!!
    http://www.eponashoe.com/
    TQ(Trail Queen) \"Learn How to Ride or Move Over!!\" Clique

oh my gosh, i hope that all of the horses can get out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not good, not good! I dont live in NY so i cant go... but i would if i could!!! please, please keep us updated... i dont have a facebook so i cant check it myself

I dont have facebook either...how did the fire start?
    Nothing better than an OTTB.... Just Plan Partners,Penny, you have stolen my heart<3

http://secondchancethoroughbreds.org

Anyone who needs help, there is a FB page for Long Island Equine Disaster Preparedness. There is info on there from people willing to help with trailering and taking in horses. There is also some info on the LIEquine.com message board. Hope all people and animals out there are safe.

Why not just post the links instead of making people hunt around?

And posting links that ACTUALLY work!

Sorry, I am in a pissy mood from having to hunt down borrowed farm equipment. But I 100% stand by what I stated above.

Many Jingles for all involved.
    Closest thing to a sauna around here would be tarping over a few cows, hold a bucket of water & light a match.

I wish I didn't live on the other side of the country. Many, many jingles...

Hoping that this post on the Hampton Classic Horse Show FB page is true:

"ALL HORSE ARE SAFE!!!! all horses have been evacuated from Annie's Acres and Hidden Pond and Sundance are safe as well!!! Please share!! all horses are safe and the fire is heading east and seams to be under control according to firefighters. Thank You to everyone who came out today to pull this off."

http://www.facebook.com/HamptonClassic

Local news: East Hampton Patch

http://easthampton.patch.com/article...norville-ridge

Another place to look on FB:

Long-Island-Equine-Disaster-Preparedness

Jingles to all.