The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

I am so happy to have someone who understands
    the concept that I have tried to explain.

YES! YES! I like as a show manager being able to design classes and divisions that satisfy a need at the beginner level. To be able to develop that mysterious quality of a personal best. But, it only works if it is the doorway to doing better.

We teach, and our students and their parents know that what we teach is to do the best you can with what you have. Our sport had the magnificence to teach always reaching up for a little better. The Maiden, Novice and Limit system was pure genius. The riders learned to face a challenge. Win one blue, and we move you up to lose again. Then there was the three blues, and move up again to lose again until you could win three more.

And, the wonderful message of a Nona Garson is, if you never give up, if you keep on facing the next level and improving you can make the team. It doesn't matter who you know, how rich you are, it can be done. That is the dream and that is what we have lost.

I hope that the legacy of Nona will be to bring it back. Yes, the AA shows should be qualifying shows with limited entries and the pride of this industry. Their mission is to create the highest competition at the most difficult levels. They shouldn't tarnish that with a bunch of classes that belong and should be held at the C Rated Level. It cheapens the victory for those who do dare to be the best.

Two points you all should know, first I have been invited by the NHJA to submit to their Steering Committee a version of an advertisement which I visualize as a
    "Members Bill of Rights".

It states why we request support for our right to know.

I have also started a thread for analysis and suggestions regarding the proposed changes of the By-Laws of the NHJC. This is just the first section. I will add to it as I have time to type it up with their proposed revisions as well as those we have discussed.

Revising these seems to be the easiest and quickest way to accomplish our purposes.

I hope that you will all put this same creative energy into studying the By-Laws and coming up with constructive changes that may accomplish some of these good ideas.