The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Okay, could someone please explain two things to me. Firstly, what is this Porch/Stairs/Lawn thing that you're all talking about? I'm soooooo confused (my ignorance knows no shame). And secondly, what's with all these cliques (the VA clique, the CA clique, the TX clique, and yes I know what states those are [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]). Also, there should be a Canadian clique, for all of us ppl up north!! (I know there's enough of you on here!). If you could answer my questions it would be greatly appreciated (I'm new, and also not the brightest crayon in the box! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]). Thanks.

Okay, could someone please explain two things to me. Firstly, what is this Porch/Stairs/Lawn thing that you're all talking about? I'm soooooo confused (my ignorance knows no shame). And secondly, what's with all these cliques (the VA clique, the CA clique, the TX clique, and yes I know what states those are [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]). Also, there should be a Canadian clique, for all of us ppl up north!! (I know there's enough of you on here!). If you could answer my questions it would be greatly appreciated (I'm new, and also not the brightest crayon in the box! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]). Thanks.

LOL - I've been here for some time and took a few weeks to myself (long work schedule) and am completely lost to some of it....

The Porch Annex - not sure what that is all about but seems to be a gathering of new imigres (spelling?) intent on coercing all of the COTH posters to abandon good behaviour, drink lots of cider (among other things), and sit on the porch with their canine companions.... but I'm not sure, so don't put too much stock in this! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

The CA Clique - search under devildog
    The VA Clique - see Kennet Square, Duffy, Inverness, Kryswyn, and all others who frequent places such as Moseby's! Unlike other geographic cliques, there is some sort of treaty/extradition agreement between VA and UT!!!! (see Colin)
    The TX Clique - search under names such as Portia and ctt

You should start a Canadian Clique! Which reminds me, where is Jar? And that reminds me...where are Jeb and Moesha?

See, this is what I get for lurking...
    Welcome to the board! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I thought there was a Canadian Clique already! See: Jair [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Saddlepad and I have already met. She has great taste in GP coats! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

The VA Clique does not discriminate against those from out-of-state, or even from out-of-country. We accept free drinks from anyone willing to pay! Heh Heh [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Guess the Over 40 Clique was sort of self-explanatory, huh. . .LOL [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

There is a Canadian clique, eh. TinCan, I mean Jaded (must be french for TinCan??) were "it" over on Equisearch, where the porch used to be till the Americans tried to take it to Vegas for the World cup and ended up gambling it away, eh.
    So now thanks to all the COTHers (who like to think they are being corrupted but you will never see signs of disargument when we bring out the ol Newfoundland Screetch, eh) we have this new porch over here to hang out on.
    And ok, so grab yer twofour and pull up some porch eh, and we'll talk about the differences between Canajain riders from Torrana and them Americains, eh, cos they all think we live in igloos and speak french, eh.

No doot aboot it Bosshoss, no doot aboot it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img].

Cheers,
    Susie
    http://www.geocities.com/kachoom

[This message has been edited by Kachoo (edited 10-23-2000).]
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!" ~Homer Simpson

When E-search recently changed their board format pretty drastically, there was a mass defection and the poor, homeless e-searchers needed a place to come. So those of us who were visitors to both camps showed them the way over here. They are the founders of the original Porch. For the explanation of the founding of the Porch (along with the stairs and lawn) see the thread titled "The Porch Annex." [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Do not be put off by the Cliques. You can be a member of as many cliques as you want. I personally am in the Over-40 Clique, the Texas Clique, and the California Clique (because that's where I was born and raised.) You are also free to start whatever new cliques you may desire.

You may also be interested in joining some of our food-rights groups, such as People for the Ethical Treatment of Fromage (dedicated to protecting the baby quiche), Save the Baby Carrots, and the Peeps Defense Fund. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SaddlePad:
    Okay, could someone please explain two things to me. Firstly, what is this Porch/Stairs/Lawn thing that you're all talking about? I'm soooooo confused (my ignorance knows no shame). And secondly, what's with all these cliques (the VA clique, the CA clique, the TX clique, and yes I know what states those are [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]). Also, there should be a Canadian clique, for all of us ppl up north!! (I know there's enough of you on here!). If you could answer my questions it would be greatly appreciated (I'm new, and also not the brightest crayon in the box! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]). Thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course...there IS a Canadian clique and lucky you, we're still accepting members.

You've arrived at COTH not a moment too soon.
    Rather than list our membership, you'll meet us all soon enough - or read any topic on COTH pertaining to Eric...that one certainly got us all talking.

Our Moseby's is the Fox & Hound at the RAWF.

[This message has been edited by Canter (edited 10-23-2000).]

LOL@BossHoss and Kachoo! You gotta love a country who's pride can be summed up in cool Labatt Blue commercials, eh!!! I think eil go and fetch ma toque now eh and feed da dugs, cause ya know if yanna don't feed dem dugs they jusin won't be willin to skip en down to the Crietiens for sum water cause ya know noten all us here Canajains haven the runnin water in us here igloe [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] If you understood that you can join the Canadian Cligues http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/tongue.gif

Jaded, I know what a toque is!! Do I get in?

How come I never heard about the Canadian clique? You guys gotta sign me up! Not only do I know what a toque is, I also understand Chretien and have been to the Fox and Hound.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Palisades:
    How come I never heard about the Canadian clique? You guys gotta sign me up! Not only do I know what a toque is, I also understand Chretien and have been to the Fox and Hound. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

gosh-I thought you already were a member Pal!

Repeat after me. I Palisades, do solemly swear to do my best, to uphold my "eh" and will never have a doot aboot wearing a touque, protecting the beaver and I promise to protect those things near and dear to my Canadian heart, speak houtta da corner hove my mout' and to drink beer and watch others play hockey for hockey is not my sport of choice.

All done, you're in *lol.

[This message has been edited by Canter (edited 10-23-2000).]

Wow! So many Eastern Canucks! Wonderful! TinCan - I mean Jaded - or any of you others - is there an on-line Canadian site that sells supplements like Glucosamine, etc. for less than an arm and a leg? I don't want to even figure out the exchange rate on the US sites (scary - what's our dollar worth now? 10 cents US?).

Welcome SaddlePad!

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

So, Duffy, is there an extradition treaty for Georgians to join the VA clique (we are one of the 13 original colonies, so I think an exception can be made [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ), or do I have to stay as head of the Protection for Quiches Clique?

Portia, since I am a native Houstonian, does that mean I get honorary TX status?

ooooh, I'm SOOOOOO excited!
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

Inverness..almost.. do you or anyone you know have a furry/fluffy white/black/brown/orange dog that somewhat resembles a wolf and whose intended purpose is to pull a sled, but they don't 'cause now you use a quad instead??

Welcome Saddlepad! Your innocent question about who's who may result in many hours of addiction as you follow all of our adventures on line...

Palisades! I thought you had started the Canadian clique! I also take your oath Canter, and solemnly swear to continue saying things like "Its a nice day, eh?" or How's it going eh?", and of course,

The beaver is a proud and noble animal!

My name is Jair. and I am CANADIAN!
    You Strike Me Still

I am a self proclaimed wannabe member of the VA clique. Reasons being that even though my horse and my trainer are in VA, I seldom find myself in the state... as well as I didnt make Middleburg Classic [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] So.. no Moseby's for me.. yet! I will make it some day [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Teneriffe Enterprises- NW Indiana
    www.saradanielhaynes.com

Toronto, a city that\'s not won a Stanley Cup in my damned lifetime

Forget the porch annex, can we deem this thread the Infrequently-used Canadian Deck Annex, built from a kit bought at Canadian Tire and usable for the two months a year that mother nature deems us worthy of heat?
    We can sit outside, on overturned Beckers milk crates, shivering in our parkas, wearing Kodiaks, chugging back Labatts Blue, and wondering in that polite and cynical way of all Canadians, 'who do you think'll care less about the Canadian horse industry, Day or Chretien?'. I did feel sorry about the unfortunate political options confronted by Americans; that was before Chretien called the election....I bet, though, Day looks better in a wetsuit than either Gore or Bush.

[This message has been edited by heidi (edited 10-23-2000).]

I am going to be working for a Canadian company. So can I join the Canadain clique? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Three beers for the Canadian Deck Annex! Hip- hip-eh? hip-hip-eh? hip-hip-eh!

Of course you qualify Rusty. Just be sure to bring a big bottle of mosquito repellant - seems a big part of being Canadian is the ability to give blood many times a year.