The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Default Star Trek: The Next Generation

Anyone else love it and watch it when you're bored? It's being re-mastered and re-edited for high-definition release and future broadcasting and it looks spectacular from what I've seen on the Blu-Ray preview disc I bought.
    SPACE FOR RENT

DH and I watch Star Trek in the evenings while he paints and I knit. So far we've watched all of The Next Generation, and most of Deep Space 9.

I love watching it when I knit because so many of the voices are very recognizable, so if I have to look at what I'm knitting for a bit, I can still follow what's going on

My son watches it with us sometimes, too. He's 8, and in the winter, we often have tea when he comes home from school. Before we watched The Next Generation, he usually asked for Peach, or Raspberry, but now he always asks for Earl Grey
    "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn’t merely train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming part dog."
    -Edward Hoagland

Ironically, I just got Amazon Prime and I've been watching Voyager.... Next Generation was my favorite! I loved Wesley Crusher when I was a young geeky kid...
    Foaling Around www.facebook.com/foalingaround
    Custom Equestrian Items and Bath Products

I never could get into that one. I loved Voyager, and Enterprise.
    I have CDO. It's like OCD, but all the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be!

SPACE FOR RENT

Wil Wheaton was my first crush as a kid. I realize in hindsight it was a sign of things to come...

Ever since Netflix got TNG, DS9 and Voyager, it has been Star Trek Central here. I grew up watching all of them (original series, too) and DH2B had never seen any of them before. It's been fun. We also got into Enterprise, it was surprisingly good.

I am looking forward to the second movie in the rebooted version coming out.
    Failure is always an option*
    -Mythbusters

*As long as you figure out what you f'ed up and fix it! -Me

I joined Amazon Prime for this reason alone. I think it holds up really, really well!

I watched all the other shows except Enterprise (ick. Gag. Spew)
    "The nice thing about memories is the good ones are stronger and linger longer than the bad and we sure have some incredibly good memories." - EverythingButWings

OMG I total trekkie! I was doomed to be one since I have a picture of my dad reading a star trek book when I was a baby sleeping on his chest.

My favorites are the original series, TNG and voyager. I love Janeway.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiaway View Post
    OMG I total trekkie! I was doomed to be one since I have a picture of my dad reading a star trek book when I was a baby sleeping on his chest.

My favorites are the original series, TNG and voyager. I love Janeway.
    I have scoured YouTube for it but can't find it... but back when I was in college a prof was big on showing us tapes (yeah, tapes) of Shakespeare productions to show the various ways to interpetting the works.

One tape she brought in was a minimal production of Taming of the Shrew- no real sets, but great costumes (really cool). We're all watching it and people are going "Wow, Katherine looks really familiar... who's playing her?" and someone said "IT'S CAPTAIN JANEWAY!" (this is 1999, Voyager was very much still on TV) And there she is, listed in the credits.

She was AWESOME and the whole production was an absolute hoot pretty much because of Mulgrew. I WISH I could find it. I don't suppose anyone actually knows what I'm talking about and can tell me anything about the production or the company that did it? The prof just taped it off PBS or something like that and it was quite old by the time we saw it.
    "The nice thing about memories is the good ones are stronger and linger longer than the bad and we sure have some incredibly good memories." - EverythingButWings

I knew DH was the man for me when I found out he loved Star Trek and Dr. Who.

I love TNG (still have a bit of a crush on Jean Luc). DS9 was DH's favorite of the new series.

TNG is the best series, ever. So many great lessons and great discussions about life. I've got a friend who has been someone I can count on forever who is a major Trekkie. I gave her a Startrek Manuel I found at the flea market and I knew we would be besties.

If you ever make a trip to DC, you absolutely have to stop by the Air and Space to see the original Enterprise from the TV show up close in the gift shop. It's a beautiful model. I can sort of remember the old Trek exhibit there in the 90's for Star Trek VI (I was 10 years old or so) and it was pure joy. You had the full-size models of all the ships, tons of props from the movies, the original series, and TNG, and even the Captain's Chair from the original Enterprise bridge, which I got to sit in. I'd invent time travel just to go back and photograph it all with a digital camera.
    SPACE FOR RENT

GAH! How did we not go to see that Star Trek exhibit?! Very jealous that you got to sit in the big chair. How cool is that? I'd love to see the model of the Enterprise. I get my husband the Hallmark ornaments every year for Christmas so we have a very Trek Tree when they all make it on.

The chair is at the Sci Fi Museum in Washington now. Why there is a museum about Sci Fi in Washington, I could not say, but they have a host of props and whatnot there from what I know. I too have all the Hallmark ornaments and have been collecting them since the original Enterprise came out. I keep them locked up where nobody can mess them up.
    SPACE FOR RENT

They used to have a great Star Trek experience in Vegas at the Hilton. They had a whole set up where you would walk through a ship, go on a shuttle, and all kinds of cool stuff. I think it's gone now, though. I got my Star Trek earrings there.

Yup. Most of the stuff got sold off to wealthy nerdlings but there is always talk of bringing it back down the road at another Vegas strip location and they are cooking something up in Dubai. Back in the day, around the same time I saw the Trek exhibit, there were plans to construct a life-size reproduction of the USS Enterprise at 1:1 scale with a Star Trek-themed resort around it. That obviously never came to pass, because the head of Paramount didn't want to sign off on such an ostentatious project that would have either succeeded or failed in spectacular fashion.
    SPACE FOR RENT