The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Horse in Church for Easter!

I have a friend who runs a pony riding business. We met when she bought a Fjord from me and now she has 3 of them in her business. She has a successful business, but when I see what she does to earn money, I have to wonder about the jobs she gets. Here is her latest adventure:

"Happy Easter , ]just left a church job where they wanted a large donkey to
    ride but we only have small ones so they said they would take a large pony to ride and a donkey just to follow. We took Sophie of course and she was perfect . [Sophie is a 13 hand Fjord that I sold her last year.] An adult male got on her and we had to go up the aisle of the church towards alter then he dismounted and we turned and walked out . Lots of gospel music , singing and waving palms and she was great . Did we have any doubts ?? "

What I want to know if how did she prevent the horse and or donkey from pooping in the aisle? I know what mine would do with the aisle without singing or palm waving. What kind of church service uses mounted entrances? It all sounds intriguing to me. Norwegian Fjords are great, but this mare is a serious superstar at not caring about spookworthy situations.
    Where Norwegian Fjords Rule
    http://www.ironwood-farm.com

I have taken a donkey into church on Palm Sunday. Many years ago but I don't remember him making a mess inside (or maybe I have blanked it from my memory! ) - I think he did all his pooping on the 20 mins walk up to the church.