The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

My thoughts and prayers are with dublin and her family. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif

**Member of the Ocularly Challenged Equine Support Group**

dear Dave, thank you for sharing DeeDee with us. and please accept my heartfelt sympathy and condolences..
    Dear Dublin, up you go, girl.. please kiss my Bobby for me.
    xoxo
    Gail
    A FINE ROMANCE - JC Reg Thoroughbred - GOLD Premium CSHA - ISR/OLDNA Approved
    CSHA Brickenden Stallion Award Winner - for Performance offspring.
    Please visit A Fine Romance on FB!

David, thank you for your update. I'm so sorry for your loss, but at the same time happy that Dublin is no longer in pain nor is she suffering in any way. She has so many friends (introduced by their loved ones on this BB) to meet her over the bridge - what a party they will have! And Lord Helpus, I love your story. I'm sure it was Dublin helping you along!

On a "coincidental" note, the hospital where Dublin died is the same hospital where my friend was admitted on Friday after her water broke (7 weeks early!!).

I don't know if it is appropriate to ask this or not, but I would imagine that those of us in the Bay Area would be interested in attending services. Coreene, will you be coming up? Dave or Coreene, if you have any details, feel free to email me at sculligan@mobiusvc.com. I'd love to come say goodbye to a wonderful woman.

"Both rider and horse must enjoy the work. This is the essence of success" - Reiner Klimke
    My Mustang Adventures - Mac, my mustang | Annwylid D'Lite - my Cob filly

"A horse's face always conveys clearly whether it is loved by its owner or simply used." - Anja Beran

WA. The Evergreen State Where The Horses Are Forever Green

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lord Helpus:
    Thank you God fort giving Dublin a peaceful passing. I wrote a message to her last night, but then did not post it because just the writing of it seemed to be enough. But it is almost freaky, now that I have seen David's post about her passing.

Last night, I wrote that I was showing a baby green horse today in Ocala, who I had not jumped around a course since last August. I asked Dublin to come "ride with me" and give me the benefit of her talent.

Today, I entered the ring for my first class shortly after 11AM. As I got on, I silently said, "OK DeeDee, let's go, girl". And each time as I re-entered the ring for the next round (4 in all) I surrepticiously patted my shoulder and said, "OK DeeDee, 8 more spots; I can do it with you riding with me."

Beyond all my expectations (even all my dreams), we were Champion!

Then I come back to the board tonight and find out that DeeDee passed on shortly before I walked into the ring for the first round.

This may sound spooky, but, I JUST KNOW that she was with me, helping me find spots and ride better than I knew how.

Way to go, DeeDee --- Thanks for your help. I hope you had as much fun as I did! I am sorry you did not get to ride again in this world but we had a helluva show today, didn't we? I show again next week and you had better be there to ride with me again. I need you!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Proud Member Of The I Loff Starman Babies, Sunnieflax and Horse Boxes Cliques" Bora Da

Oh my god.. I cant stop crying.. i didnt even know this woman nor did she know me.. but im so upset over this.. Wherever you are Dublin, I know you are riding like you know you can and enjoying life over the bridge..

~*From Terri*~ http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif
    ~*From Terri*~

Lord Helpus-

When I read that post, my stomach flipped. Things like that don't just happen out of coincidence, I'm sure dublin was watching over you. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

To Dublins Family, I never met Dublin, but always enjoyed her on line, I am so sorry for your grief, I can undertand it first hand, my 46 year old cousin passed away this past November, again a death from cancer... its a horrible disease, hopefully we can do something to spur on research....

She was such a sweet person. She would email me from time to time, and was so thoughtful and concerned about horse welfare. I will keep her alive in my thoughts.

Does anyone know that Emmy Lou Harris song "All My Tears"? It reminds me of her. I played it today and cried.

(Back to lurkerdom but I had to post this.)

Perturbed aka
    The Former MargaretF

My deepest condolences to Dave, Dee Dee's family and friends.

While I watched my horses trotting through the snow at the barn today, I thought of Dublin.

She left this world all too soon, but what an adventure she had while here, she lived life to the fullest.

Dee Dee, we will miss you, and your spirit will be here with us, always!
    "fighting stupidity; one step at a time" -- a wise COTHer

where the East meets the West, and the North meets the South!!

Friday at about 2:30 pm Central time, I was on my way to pick up my daughter from school and the song "Superman", by Five for Fighting came on. At that time I didn't know DD had passed, but I just started to bawl. Even now thinking of her...&lt;&lt;OMG&gt;&gt;...it's just so sad.

I am so sorry. I feel as though I lost a member of my own family and in a way I realize now that I did...This is a poem I read at my grandmothers funeral and once again I find it fitting for the moment.
    "The Measure of a Woman"
    Not-How did she die? But how did she live?
    Not-What did she gain? But-What did she give?
    These are the units that measure the worth
    Of a woman as a woman, regardless of birth.
    Not- What was her station? But Had she a heart?
    And-How did she play her GOD given part?
    Was she ever ready with a word of good cheer?
    To Bring back a smile? Or banish a tear?
    Not-What was her shrine? Nor-what was her creed?
    But-Had she befriended those really in need?
    Not-What was her way?
    But-How many were sorry when she passed away?
    For she left a good name that will always remain.
    "Author Unknown"
    Rest in Peace our darling Dublin. May the rides over the Rainbow Bridge be forever wonderful. My own Tommy will be there for repeated rides. Please tell him I love him......
    For your family...
    I cannot say anything that will bring comfort but remember.
    God has another lovely angel and our darling Dublin will watch over all foever....

"I am not deaf! I'm ignoring you!"
    "God took a hand of southerly wind, blew his breath upon it and created the horse"
    \"I am not deaf! I\'m ignoring you!\"
    \"God took a hand of southerly wind, blew his breath upon it and created the horse\"

My deepest sympathies to David and her family and all that knew and loved sweet Dee Dee...

I just know there's one more angel in heaven taking care of all those we have loved and lost.

"We will not agree to war, unless you have spent the same amount of money first seeking peace" - anonymous
    I\'m old enough to know better, yet young enough to get away with it.

Oh, geez.

What a wonderful, graceful, elegant life.

My condolences to those who knew her.

Like many others I did not know Dublin, but my heart goes out to her family and loved ones. May there be peace in your hearts knowing she is finally home.

Proud owner of Wishes and Wylie!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Panic, chaos, disorder... my job here is done."
    "A strong man stands up for himself...
    A stronger man stands up for others."
    ~MY MAN STANDS UP FOR US ALL~

I know I have not been much of a poster and haven't posted once on this topic, but I have been fallowing it very closely and I found Dee to be such a great board person. She will be greatly miss by sooo many. I am at ease knowing her long fight is over and she can now join the love of my life who died in oct, and my best friend who died this past week. Watch over each other, and gods speed to you....

**Matt-11/02/81-10/30/02**love you always
    thoroughbred clique, rust clique,and founder of young trainers clique
    **Matt-11/2/81-10/30/02**
    **Danielle-3/18/86-2/7/03**
    thoroughbred clique, rust clique,and founder of young trainers clique

Dave I'm so sorry to hear about DeeDee. Godspeed, and I hope she is riding and playing with her horses once again. http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/cry.gif

Proud member of the "I Hate Physical Therapy" clique | Auction for Aiden!
    YaBB me baby! http://www.hopefulfarm.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi

http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif I wish I had had a chance to meet her.

Adding my sincerest condolences to Dublin's family, friends and many loved ones. Everyone's posts are so eloquent -- a testament to how many lives dublin touched.

LordHelpus, what a great post. Having had a similar experience, I'm sure Dee Dee was with you. Last May, a good friend (my trainer's wife) died after a horrible battle with Lou Gehrig's disease. She had spent her last winter in Ocala. Several of us sent our horses down and she came to watch us show every week. When I was a nervous wreck doing the adult hunters at that level for the first time, she was there in the golf cart telling me that my little mare and I belonged there. No matter who else was showing, she came to watch us (she'd known my horse since the day she was born).

At the first horse show we went to after she died, like you, I looked up before I went in for my trips asking for her help. The first weekend I did that, we got a 2nd and two 3rds in our four classes -- she rode with me every step of the way. Now as I walk into the ring, I always look up to tell her that I still need her. If you keep looking up and asking, Dee Dee will stay with you. In the midst of much sadness, it's a great way to keep her, and other loved ones, alive in our hearts.

David, my thoughts are with you as they've been for the past few days. I am so very sorry for your loss but glad for you that you were able to be with DeeDee at the end, middle, through the years. Let your spirit and hers pull you through the next days, weeks, months, years.

Goshen, New York (cutest little hossie town in NY)

I am so sorry. I've been away from the board due to health problems of my own and came back to this sad, sad news.
    so many people here spoke so eloquently, i can only add this: our bb community has lost another and it has taught us this: that miles don't really separate any of us, we are bound together by our mutual caring. and Dublin will always be part of us, not separated by the fact that she doesn't walk among us anymore. our love for her will always keep her part of us.