The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

I am so sorry to hear this news! I have been following this thread with prayers and tears. Dave, how brave and kind of you to share the updates and news. Jingling the curb chain in honor of Dublin and wishing her family strength and peace in this difficult time.
    Trish

I am so sorry Dave. I knew Dublin/Dee Dee only through her posts. But through them, I could see what a remarkable person she was.

Dublin lived an incredible, rich life filled with the love of good horses, good friends and a loving husband. To me, she seems the perfect example of someone who truly lived every moment of their life.

I like to think that when she's not by your side, she's jumping her beloved Roulette. Or perhaps galloping at breakneck speeds on a healthy Ruffian!

I'm so sorry, Dave. You and your family, and Dublin as well, will always be in my thoughts and prayers. She deserves everything that heaven has to offer her, she'll be riding horses, healthy, happy, and pain-free forever now. Everybody that had the opportunity to know her and speak with her has been deeply touched by her words, and although we all wish her time on earth could have been longer, she has amazing people like Cactuskate waiting for her, welcoming her, and caring for her. I'll never forget her. http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/cry.gif Rest in peace, dear Dublin.

http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/cry.gif As I did not have the pleasure of knowing Dublin personally, My heart goes out to her amazing Husband Dave and his Family. I have read the last 20 or so pages, and have done an awful lot of blubbering. It is truly wonderful the love and compassion that has been expressed on this board. And I am only sorry I never got to know you Dublin. May you live in peace forever, No doubt we will all meet in a better place someday. Deepest regrets, Fandango, Kim formerly Sannois

I feel bad that I didn't know Dublin... David, I'm sorry for you loss, and I hope you accept my condolences http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/cry.gif http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...ilies/sigh.gif

"This is my only line" -Monty Python

http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif

What Ruby's mom said about says it for me.

March 14th 2003. D(idi)-Day
    Centre Equestre de la Houssaye
    ---WHX---

I don't post here often but this thread is utterly devastating. I have cried as I read each and every post out of respect for Dublin.

They came too soon to call you home
    We were there
    You were never alone

My deepest sympathies to all those who loved her.
    In the swiftness of my darkness I whisper to thunder, I am patient as stone, as wild as lightening, the very symbol of surging potency and the power of movement for I am THE SPIRIT OF THE HORSE

http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/cry.gif

My thoughts are with you, Dave, and the rest of your family.

Where one story ends another begins.

Godspeed
    I'm not one to say I toadaso. But I toadaso. - Ricky

Please add our most heartfelt condolences. The grief expressed at the passing of such a noble soul is palpable.

Dublin will be sorely missed--but never forgotten. She is as much a part of the fabric of this on-line Family as ever...for she has touched us all with her spirit. We are united in our sadness--but also united in our celebration of her life.

Thank you, Dublin, for sharing yourself with us. Thank you, David, for allowing us to have a glimpse into the magic of your enduring bond with this beautiful lady.

Our prayers, thoughts and love are yours, always!

Ride upon the mists of time
    Journey on, with love, your guide
    The angels sing celestial rhyme
    And call you home to gently bide

There is no death where beats a heart
    That holds such grace as memory
    The bonds of earth take just a part
    The love you gave, eternal be

Traverse the stars and ride the wind
    Cast earthly woe away at last
    No mortal bounds, the path undimmed
    While in our hearts, we hold you fast.

I didn't know Dublin nor have I been here long enough to have had the benifit of her posts. However, in reading this thread through the tears, I feel like I did know her. I lost my Mom in much the same way last year and I understand the releif of seeing your loved one finally free of the pain and sickness, yet it is so hard to let go. Dave and Dee Dees family, I hope you will find peace in knowing that her sprit will stay with you.

Sincerely, Gail

I'll get you my pretty....and your little dog too...ehheheheheheh
    \"given the choice of a majestic horse and a guy who\'s only part of a horse, I\'ll take the horse any day\"
    Budweiser commercial

Not much I can say that hasn't already been said.... but my thoughts and prayers are with dublin and her family.

http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif

Dave - please know our hearts are with you and the rest of Dee Dee's loved ones.

Now, Dee Dee, go find my Joey, hop on him, and ride away. He will take good care of you.

Oh my....words just fail to do justice. My prayers are with Dee Dee's family and loved ones tonight. She will be missed by many and remembered fondly by all.

"All Hail President Kang!"

..."Don't look at me...I voted for Kodos..."
    Remember...though eagles may soar, weasles never get sucked into a jet engine.

Soar like a weasle my friend.

edit
    Last edited by Goodyfourshoes!; May. 20, 2007 at 12:47 AM.

Lighting a cyber-candle for DeeDee's ascent to heaven. Goodnight DeeDee and thanks for sharing yourself with us.

-Shannon (Canadian Eh?)
    Horses: Jodie (Made Ya Look) CLYDExTB and Spring (Evermore)ISH

I am so sorry - she will be missed by so many.

Rock on, Dee Dee!

Dave, it's hard to find the right words, but please accept my deepest and most sincere condolences to you and everyone that loved Dublin. http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/cry.gif
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

Im so sorry. What an amazing and strong person and family.

~Where nice horses arent the fad...they happen all the time!~
    www.carosello.homestead.com
    ~Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away...

Although I knew this day would come, I still feel as if a brick had hit me. David, I send you and Dee Dee's mother and sister my deepest condolences. The world and this Board won't be the same without Dee Dee's bubbling personality and humor.

Thank you, David, for letting us peek in at the marvelous relationship that you and she had. It was a truly miraculous one.
    --
    Sadly, Maggi
    Cheers, Maggi