The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    The heart and soul of Silicon Valley/Valley of the Heart\'s Delight....Sunnyvale, CA

Hello all:

Sorry to log on under Deed's name. This is her husband, David. I feel lucky to have met several of you, and am happy Dee Dee has made so many friends. She got onto the board after she was rediagnosed in 1999, and did not want to disturb everyone with her diagnoses, until it recently became more of a problem.

Dee Dee is in the hospital now, because she was having fluid on her lungs and abdomen, as a result of blood clotting. They had to control the fluid, before they could give her lasix (She has shared it's usage with horses with all the nurses). They took off 4 liters of fluid from Jan. 29-31, and it has really tapered off since then. She has been resting comfortably since that time, and will be in the hospital until the end of the week. They want both of these things under control before she can go home.

She was able to have chemo again on Friday. She had not been able to do it for several weeks, because of these other complications. I understand clotting is not that uncommon in this situation. We do know she will be much better off when she comes home. Whether the chemo will end up getting rid of the cancer is still not clear, although we are still hopeful. It has been in her bones, relatively harmlessly for several years. The cancer that has spread is breast cancer, metasticized, so they are treating it with chemo drugs effective on breast cancer.

I will share this WONDERFUL post and your beautiful support with Deed tomorrow. We will let you know how she does when she gets out. Your messages are greatly appreciated.

David L. Blinn (aka, Mr. Dublin, aka Lucy's papa).

~~~~~
    "Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." - Dennis Miller
    *Go Bruins - Go Niners*
    In Honor of dublin aka Dee Dee 07/24/53-02/07/03
    ~~~~~
    \"Of course, that\'s just my opinion. I could be wrong.\" - Dennis Miller
    *Go Bruins - Go Niners*

Sending lots of prayers and wishes for a full and speedy recovery. Stay strong and get well!

What fabulous photos.. thanks for posting those.

Thank you so much for the update David. Get well soon Dublin!

www.foalcams.com
    "Wherever man has left his footprint in the long ascent from barbarism to civilization, we will find the hoofprint of the horse beside it." ~John Moore

I've been so out of it I had no idea what's been happening to Dublin until just now, reading this entire thread!

Dublin, my thoughts are with you, and I'm praying for you!!!!!

"I loathe being annoyed. It makes me feel angry and malicious" -- Lestat de Lioncourt
    "fighting stupidity; one step at a time" -- a wise COTHer

thank you so much for your update. I am thinking about Dublin everyday, and hope that she is feeling more comfortable, and will be up and about soon.
    hugs to you both.
    We have a friend who runs the Canadian Cancer Research Group. His name is Bill O'Neill and their phone # is 613 239 0220. They are on the cutting edge of cancer research and would be happy to speak with you, they also do counselling,advocacy and referrals - they have a website too, www.ccrg.com
    take care, Gail
    A FINE ROMANCE - JC Reg Thoroughbred - GOLD Premium CSHA - ISR/OLDNA Approved
    CSHA Brickenden Stallion Award Winner - for Performance offspring.
    Please visit A Fine Romance on FB!

David,

Which chemo drug is she on?

A very close friend of mine is taking Xeloda (common for metastatic breast cancer) and she had *horrible* reactions to it until she limited her folic acid intake on the weeks she was taking the drug.

Please pass along to Dublin that we are thinking of her!

Thank you so much for the update. Please send along our prayers and jingles to Dublin.

where the East meets the West, and the North meets the South!!

Dublin thinking of you so much.
    How fortunate you are to have David (and Lucy) by your side through all of this.
    Many many prayers for you.
    Missing you.

David and Dublin and Lucy,

We are all thinking of you! Please keep us informed.

WA. The Evergreen State Where The Horses Are Forever Green

Thank you Dave http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

"Proud Member Of The I Loff Starman Babies, Sunnieflax and Horse Boxes Cliques" Bora Da

Chin up Dublin, you can beat this!! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

"Friends don't let friends reply to all"
    \"Friends don\'t let friends reply to all\"

Thank you David for the update. What hospital is DeeDee in? I'd love to send a card.
    I am continuing to pray for a speedy and total recovery.
    I really enjoyed browsing through those photos. What a beautiful rider DeeDee is! I hop to soon read that she's back on board.

Kick on!

God Bless

Resident racing historian

[This message was edited by Linny on Feb. 03, 2003 at 10:23 PM.]
    F O.B
    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique

DeeDee is at El Camino Hosital in Mt View, CA
    http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

"Proud Member Of The I Loff Starman Babies, Sunnieflax and Horse Boxes Cliques" Bora Da

Dublin, you can tell the nurses that some of the same chemo drugs that are used to treat breast cancer are used to treat tumors on the udders of mares. My best friend, and one of my favorite horses are both using the same drug right now.

I am still praying and jingling away right now, just as hard as I can. We miss you so much, Dublin, and want you back with us soon!

---------------------------
    This too, shall pass.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Thanks for the update, David!

Deed, you are still EXPECTED to visit me here in Ireland!! I really need that groom for Dublin HS - and if you are just into hanging out, then you can sit on a chair and direct your hubby...

Of course, I will have to clear all the horse paraphenalia (sp??) out of the "guest room"... but maybe I will have a house of my own by the time you get here.

Take care!!!!

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}

and JINGLES!!!!

It's OUT! Linda Allen's 101 Exercises for Jumping co-authored by MOI!!! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif
    co-author of 101 Jumping Exercises & The Rider's Fitness Program; Soon to come: Dead Ringer - a tale of equine mystery and intrique! Former Moderator!

The Southern California freeway system, stuck in an endless commute

All our strength, all our thoughts, all our curb chains jangling.

May they help to bolster your spirits and bring comfort to you and your family. Stay strong, DeeDee. Stay strong and fight.

** Dear Cupid: All I really want for Valentine's Day is flying LEAD CHANGES!! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...s/icon_mad.gif **
    Congratulate me! My CANTER cutie is an honor student at Goofball University!

Its been far too long since we have seen your Dennis Miller tag line, Dublin.

Praying that you are the one typing the postthe next time I see it. But, in the meantime, thanks to Dave for filling us in.
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

All my prayers to Dublin and of course to David. Wishing you a painless recovery.
    Jackie

DD needs your prayers more than anything today. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif

Praying for you, Dublin!