The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
    Coreene is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

I know her heart went to all horses, but she had a soft spot of OTTBs and Thoroughbred rescues. So United Pegasus would be very fitting.

While on that Thoroughbred note, one of the things we talked about very often was the disappearance of the TB in the show ring. I mentioned before that most of her horses were OTTBs, and you can see from her photo album that they were just the most gorgeous horses! She loved so much to do research on bloodlines and knew more about TBs than most people.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif Oh no, Dublin. http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/cry.gif

I had not heard that Dublin (as I knew her) has left us until just now. Although we never met offline, she was a wonderful person whose class and humor was evident in all of her posts. I greatly enjoyed conversations with her on the BB and will miss reading her name and viewing her incredible photos.

We will miss you Dublin, but will feel better that you are watching over all us and our horses.

Bronte, please take care of our friend Dublin. http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/cry.gif
    "Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right." -Henry Ford

Coreene - that is a wonderful idea. United Pegasus does terrific work. Check out the horse Rare Angel on the excellerfund.org site. I helped get her out of Leonard's feelot and she now lives at UPF's Hemet facility. If we all collectively decide to do a donation to UPF, I'd be happy to take the lead or assist in gathering information, etc.

Marg.

Original Poster

I think this sounds like a wonderful idea. I think that if Dee Dee were to pick, she would love a donation like this. It would be a most fitting tribute to such a wonderful friend of ours.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Count me in on the ad as well as the UPF charity! Thanks for offering to organize that end, Peturbed.

"I can justify anything!"
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

Count me in for whatever my contribution can help for... The donation or the ad - just let me know!

Angela

Time passes by, people pass on.
    At the drop of a tear, they're gone.
    Let's do what we dare, do what we like,
    And love while we're here before time passes by.
    Not all who wander are lost.

Ralando II

I haven't posted on here yet, becuase I never quite know what to say in these situations. I didn't know Dublin aside from her BB identity, but always cherished her posts. I have always loved TB's, and feel like I miss them in the hunter ring as much as she did. I'm not sure if it's my love for those delicate feet, the perfect faces, or the idea that they are sort of Poenixes how they are brought from the hard working world of racing to show off how pretty they are in hunters. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

Dublin was one of those posters you knew you could actually trust, too, which was really valuable to me. I don't know if it was simply her wealth of knowledge, or the feeling that even if I posted something really wrong, she was always polite, always considerate, and her kindness sort of showed through her posts. I know you all agree that Dublin will be sorely missed in our COTH community, but will not be absent from our thoughts.

Please list where we can send contributions to for both the article and the charity. I can send a donation in Dublin's name to the charity if no one here wants to be responsible for checks. Also, one idea is that we could list our chosen charity on the article. I, too, feel that a donation to a worthy equine cause would be very fitting for Dublin's memory.

Enjoy your new home in peace, Dublin!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~~Jingle~~Jingle~~Jingle~~Jingle~~Jingle~~Jingle~~
    Which came first, the truck or the trailer?

Count me in as well, what a wonderful idea!

"just remember this my girl, when you look up in the sky, you can see the stars but still not see the light." -The Eagles (song by J. Tempchin/R. Stradlund)
    \"just remember this my girl, when you look up in the sky, you can see the stars but still not see the light.\" -The Eagles (song by J. Tempchin/R. Stradlund)

Words cannot say what I'm sure all of us are feeling tonight. While I never met Dublin, I always looked forward to the honesty of her posts. I am heartened by the deepfelt caring that go out to her husband and to Lucy. This board has brought so much relief, and comfort to people in such horrible situations, that it reminded me of a song we used to sing in choir...

One Little Candle
    Burning Bright
    One little gleam
    of radiant light
    shimmering softly
    in the night
    makes the darkness
    fade away

One little song
    thats freely sung
    One little bit
    of good thats done
    brightens the world for everyone
    like a candles golden flame

keep your light
    shining bright
    like a spark of hope held high

thats all I remember, but it sure signifies what this board can do for each other when somebody needs it.

Take care David, I wish you the best of luck in the future.

Rebecca and Stewart (show name unknown)
    http://www.bluffparkfarm.com
    http://www.angelfire.com/darkside/smited/index.html
    Seig Heil Polo Shirt!

I'm in for the ad and the UPF donation. What a good choice in charities!

~Kryswyn~
    "Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo"
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

Count me in for a donation in Dublin's honor, and in honor of all the beautiful horses she loved and cared for.

Come and visit the horses at: http://www.crosscreek.tk

Original Poster

When he printed out this thread for Dee Dee's mom and sister, without the last two pages on here it was 198 pages long.

I said that I had been so moved by Earl Spencer's eulogy for Princess Diana a few years ago, especially the last few sentences, which with a treak or so are exactly what I would wish to say at Dee Dee's funeral if I could be there:

Above all, we give thanks for the life of a woman I am so proud to be able to call my friend -- the unique, the amazing, the extraordinary and irreplaceable Dee Dee, whose beauty, both internal and external, will never be extinguished from our minds.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Coreene:
    When he printed out this thread for Dee Dee's mom and sister, without the last two pages on here it was 198 pages long.

I said that I had been so moved by Earl Spencer's eulogy for Princess Diana a few years ago, especially the last few sentences, which with a treak or so are exactly what I would wish to say at Dee Dee's funeral if I could be there:

__Above all, we give thanks for the life of a woman I am so proud to be able to call my friend -- the unique, the amazing, the extraordinary and irreplaceable Dee Dee, whose beauty, both internal and external, will never be extinguished from our minds.__<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Coreene, I couldn't agree more with that. Thank you for finding that and posting it. http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/cry.gif

I'm glad that David printed this thread for DeeDee's family. At a time like this, going to the internet and looking at a bb might not have been a priority for him. I was hoping to print it and send it to him so that in dark times he could rejoice and find comfort in the number of people DeeDee touched.

Coreene, I echo the sentiment that the paraphrase of the "Diana" eulogy are very much appropriate.

Resident racing historian
    F O.B
    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique

If anyone needs a good cry. Under the Cactuskate thread there is a topic about Dublin and Coreene's visit. Seeing Dublin and Cactuskate on the same thread will take you to pieces... but at the same time i couldn't help but smiling. So if you can take it, it's a great thread to go through.

1-800

"Pay attention I said to my achin' head, listen up you fool you're gonna be with this one 'til you're dead."

"Betwixt the stirrup and the ground, mercy I asked and mercy I found."
    \"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats.\"

\"Betwixt the stirrup and the ground, mercy I asked and mercy I found.\"

I posted this on the memorial thread as well- perhaps those of us who can't make it to the service on Friday can instead honor Dee Dee with a moment of silence at 11AM. I think it's especially fitting that we honor such a well-loved member of our community on Valentine's day.

Original Poster

Just a quick note, we are going to close this thread tomorrow at around 11 a.m. PST. Dee Dee would not want us to be sad, she would want us to celebrate, so we do not want to keep the sad thoughts at the forefront.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Un-sticky-ing this topic at Coreene's request...