The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Gift Ideas for relatives...

I have a 4 week externship coming up this fall out of state and my very gracious relatives are letting me stay with them. They are my aunt and uncle on my mother's side and have one teenage son. This is a huge imposition in my eyes on their family life and of course they refuse to accept a dime for rent, etc while I basically move in with them for month. Not to mention the fact they're saving me thousands in hotel fees!

I'm hoping to get them some kind of really nice gift to show my appreciation but I'm kind of at a loss. I haven't really seen this aunt and uncle since I was a small child and don't know their likes/interests very well. Any suggestions or ideas for gifts would be greatly appreciated!

That is very kind and generous of them.

I would wait until I have been there for a bit and then see what you think would give them the most joy.

Of course, taking a hostess gift is always appropriate and maybe something for their son since he may feel his life is being disrupted.
    Kanoe Godby
    www.dyrkgodby.com
    See, I was raised by wolves and am really behind the 8-ball on diplomatic issue resolution.