The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

OMG! This just came in from the BBC Newsworld radio:

"We have just received word that following Tropical Storm Baloubet, undercover investigative reporter Moesha and his photojournalist Jeb have been caught in a scandal that has the possibility of rocking the quiet town of Aculpulcopoco to its very core! It seems that the dynamic duo were there to originally uncover the ring of bandits exporting over-size-undergarments to male equestrians that were making the wearers feel inadequate because of their over-large size. However, while on the trail of VT Rider and her cohorts LOUISE and Duffy, it seems that the two stumbled upon one Senor Sea Urchin, Esq., a conniving gangster known for his terrible tenacity and the bad company he keeps (the exploits of Senorita Colin-Miranda are legendary). It was well know that Senor Urchin dealt in finding hunter/jumpers for the American market and usually at a huge profit to himself. Now, as we all know journalists don?t make a lot of money, so when during the big storm Jeb witnessed this mule jumping a 5 foot fence with ease, the lightbulb went off! And so began the fraud scam involving selling mules as 3 ft A/O hunters for 6 figures. The new "Bigearbloods" were a huge success- no matter that Senor Urchin had ordered the hit on poor VA Trainer when she tried to spill the beans, or that Brenna, YngAmateur and Pewter (all faithful grooms) had all disappeared as well. It didn't matter - they were rich!! No one would ever find out.

Or so they thought until the intrepid brother/sister team of Jair and Heidi Hardy and their friend Robby Drew, stumbled innocently upon the whole mess while vacationing on the beach.

Agents AHC and MAZ from the FEI (Foreign Equestrian Investigations) are on the scene now. We are awaiting their first reports any moment."
    You Strike Me Still

OMG! This just came in from the BBC Newsworld radio:

"We have just received word that following Tropical Storm Baloubet, undercover investigative reporter Moesha and his photojournalist Jeb have been caught in a scandal that has the possibility of rocking the quiet town of Aculpulcopoco to its very core! It seems that the dynamic duo were there to originally uncover the ring of bandits exporting over-size-undergarments to male equestrians that were making the wearers feel inadequate because of their over-large size. However, while on the trail of VT Rider and her cohorts LOUISE and Duffy, it seems that the two stumbled upon one Senor Sea Urchin, Esq., a conniving gangster known for his terrible tenacity and the bad company he keeps (the exploits of Senorita Colin-Miranda are legendary). It was well know that Senor Urchin dealt in finding hunter/jumpers for the American market and usually at a huge profit to himself. Now, as we all know journalists don?t make a lot of money, so when during the big storm Jeb witnessed this mule jumping a 5 foot fence with ease, the lightbulb went off! And so began the fraud scam involving selling mules as 3 ft A/O hunters for 6 figures. The new "Bigearbloods" were a huge success- no matter that Senor Urchin had ordered the hit on poor VA Trainer when she tried to spill the beans, or that Brenna, YngAmateur and Pewter (all faithful grooms) had all disappeared as well. It didn't matter - they were rich!! No one would ever find out.

Or so they thought until the intrepid brother/sister team of Jair and Heidi Hardy and their friend Robby Drew, stumbled innocently upon the whole mess while vacationing on the beach.

Agents AHC and MAZ from the FEI (Foreign Equestrian Investigations) are on the scene now. We are awaiting their first reports any moment."
    You Strike Me Still

New York, NY (a.k.a. The City and Center of the Universe), Canada (T.O.) and England (Kent Countrysi

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Love it.

[This message was edited by Weatherford on Jan. 17, 2001 at 07:04 PM.]

MAZ, please, for the love of Trigger, please go back and edit your ha ha ha's into smaller bits so we don't have to scroll for the whole thread! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

BIGEARBLOODS thats brilliant!
    Brilyntrip

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Here is a picture of Sea Urchin's. I hear Moesha got a pretty nice one too! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

That pic is just tooo funny......does some one have a little to much free time?

Sarah
    Sarah ( & Regal)

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger -
    unless it breaks your heart first

Now THAT should have been Towerhead's picture of the year!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

And just look at his form over that huge jump!!!! And I'll just bet his distance was perfect too! I know some of you might think he looked like he might have gotten there a bit deep, but for that height - don't think so. Think it had to have been just perfect! Geesh...sigh...Something we can all dream of aspiring to...
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

You know, I travel far and wide in all of my spare time to capture these priceless moments on film.

Smartbloods - JMO. this is waaay out there.

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Well, Duffy... I know you are under "Mr. Accurate's" spell... but some of us KNOW about that business card that reads "Sea Urchin, Chiparooni" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

DMK, I have seen that card too a few times. He occasionally passes it out at horseshows I think?

OMG, JustBay, I am howling!!! But I'm really annoyed with you - you've given away my secret of the new red Edgewood bridle - I was hoping to make a big splash with it at WEF - now everyone will have them. And DMK, it's Mr. Chips Ahoy to you, thank you very much!

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

I'll have you know that it's Ms. Really Long Spot to you, thank you very much Mr. C. A.!!!!
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

Juan Valdez Urchin, are you responsible for the phenomenal coffe of this year past? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] My sincerest thanks! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

LOL!!!! That picture was an amazing peice of photojournalism if I ever saw one. And who says that there's never anything good in the news anymore?

That is the FUNNIEST picture I have seen in a long time! I was laughing so hard, I had to show it to the hubby so he didn't think I was losing my mind!!!

OMG!!!!! Look at how ballsy SU is not only is that jump huge but notice that the standards have no cups ,it won't come down ! I propose that we twist Snowbird's arm and ask her to start ammending the AHSA so that there is a new breed specific division!
    BIGEARBLOOD JUMPERS:Entrants to be papered BIGEARBLOODS ,in addition ears of said entrant must be able to hold at least one cool one in each ear ,Size of ear to be inspected by steward before entrant may enter the ring.Course to consist of eight obstacles 4 foot in height,one combination and two changes of direction are required.
    NOw as to Mr SU's attire or lack there of....Did anyone notice the SU claim to faim bareb... and what a b...it is ooohhh babaaaby!
    Brilyntrip