The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Vent - Why do people feel the need to start c.rap pn facebook?

Who needs enemies when you have "relatives" like mine? Why do people seriously feel the need to start things on Facebook? I mean really, who are they trying to impress? Name calling, swearing, and all those other goodies!

One person picks a fight (40 year old woman) and then sends in her teenage daughter to "threaten" me and tell me I have NO idea who I am talking to? Yup, pretty sure I'm talking to a spoiled brat who has never had her butt whipped by her equally spoiled mother.

Some people should have been swallowed!

Ugh! /end rant
    I walk into the barn and hear her soothing nicker, feel her soft muzzle against my cheek, her warm breath on my skin, and it is at that moment I realize there is no where else I would rather be.

De-friend them. Simple.
    "The nice thing about memories is the good ones are stronger and linger longer than the bad and we sure have some incredibly good memories." - EverythingButWings

Quote Originally Posted by littleum View Post
    De-friend them. Simple.
    I'm not even friends with them on Facebook. Most of it is on someone else's wall. I mean, when your 40, the last thing you should be doing is talking junk to someone half your age. Then you send in the Calvary? I was cussed at extensively and I never even said one back to them.
    I walk into the barn and hear her soothing nicker, feel her soft muzzle against my cheek, her warm breath on my skin, and it is at that moment I realize there is no where else I would rather be.

Never read Facebook, posted to facebook, twittered anything....all sounds a bit childish.
    "Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc"

My main reason for getting Facebook was to find my siblings whom I hadn't seen since I was 6 months old. Found them after a 6 year search, so I use it to keep in contact with them and my other close relatives and friends whom have moved away.

Family member dies, I ask why no-one called her sister (my mom) and then the insults start hurling at me and I can barely miss them.

Seriously think some people should have been swallowed.

Always take the high road and don't sink to their level. There will always be a neverending supply of stupid, ignorant people it's up to you to take charge even if that means ignoring their behavior. YOU have the choice.

I use Facebook to see how old friends are doing. I won't rant or do anything negative on there. ... It could come back to bite one in the ass. Just don't go looking for trouble.. Why even bother reading someone's wall unless you are actually friends with them. As someone else said...take the high road and hit delete/walk away

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoonlady View Post
    Always take the high road and don't sink to their level. There will always be a neverending supply of stupid, ignorant people it's up to you to take charge even if that means ignoring their behavior. YOU have the choice.
    Lord knows I'm trying. One thing that really gets under my skin is being called a c*nt ... It makes me go ...

Quote Originally Posted by dalpal View Post
    I use Facebook to see how old friends are doing. I won't rant or do anything negative on there. ... It could come back to bite one in the ass. Just don't go looking for trouble.. Why even bother reading someone's wall unless you are actually friends with them. As someone else said...take the high road and hit delete/walk away
    I posted the initial question on my cousins wall ... Three weeks ago. It's like they were having a slow night and decided to start stuff. I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkMartini View Post
    I posted the initial question on my cousins wall ... Three weeks ago. It's like they were having a slow night and decided to start stuff. I just don't get it.

full moon and spring break or end of lent consumption....
    Or not enough sex....

shrug it off.

My mom got chewed out pre-FB when she did not show for her brother's funeral....to bad nobody told her he was sick and died until 2 weeks after the funeral....family...
    yep, some people should have been well...you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

The hide button is a wonderful thing.

OP isn't that what the internet is all about?

People think nobody can see them, so they can voice nasty opinions.

I hate this.

you're not alone.
    My brother is one that should have gone that route.
    actually blocked him on FB although I know he still posts nasty things about me and about my parents.
    I just figure anyone that knows our family knows he's full of it.
    Unfortunately there are loads people has on his list that don't have the mental capacity to see that he is the very definition of psychopath.
    Oh well.. those people opinions don't matter anyway.
    ....... pausing

Quote Originally Posted by PinkMartini View Post
    My main reason for getting Facebook was to find my siblings whom I hadn't seen since I was 6 months old. Found them after a 6 year search, so I use it to keep in contact with them and my other close relatives and friends whom have moved away.

Family member dies, I ask why no-one called her sister (my mom) and then the insults start hurling at me and I can barely miss them.

Seriously think some people should have been swallowed.
    You should friend 100 of your best coth frieds and let us "go trainwreck" on their pages. It would be funny because they would have no clue who we all were! (only kidding, but fun to think about)

Sorry they're so nasty.

You can block them even if they're not on your friend list. Just go to their profile, click on the * that's next to MESSAGE on the right side and follow the prompts on the drop-down menu. Buh-bye!
    I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right
    Violence doesn't end violence. It extends it. Break the cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by HighFlyinBey++ View Post
    Sorry they're so nasty.

You can block them even if they're not on your friend list. Just go to their profile, click on the * that's next to MESSAGE on the right side and follow the prompts on the drop-down menu. Buh-bye!
    Went and blocked them all this morning. Ugh. Now, I'm waiting for messages from their "friends"...

Good for you! If their troops come after you, report them to FB as harassing posts. They may get a time-out from FB.
    I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right
    Violence doesn't end violence. It extends it. Break the cycle.

Print all their crap out so you have evidence when the time comes that they deny ever posting any of that.
    "Those who know the least often know it the loudest."

Why do you look? It does take two, you know. Don't participate.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by Equine Studies View Post
    Print all their crap out so you have evidence when the time comes that they deny ever posting any of that.
    Refusing to engage would be a better plan and printing out emails suggests future willingness to engage...