The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Colin's a girl [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

and

Moesha's a boy! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Since it confused me at the beginning as well I feel their pain!

Someone asked me once if I was named after the (Canadian) Bag and Leather store.... I'm hoping that my precious boy was at least named after one of the most expensive types of car in the world, not some place that sells backpacks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Alixe

AAJumper = Alcoholics Anonymous jumper
    OMGPony = OH MY GOD!! PONY!! (said in exasperation or desperate fear)
    dikecnadnus = dick and us
    miniwelsh is sometimes a teeny tiny version of the welsh pony in our barn, and other times I see a 1' tall leperachaun-ish figure [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] (I have no idea why!)
    lmlacross - I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees 'llama cross'!
    khobstetter = knob stetter
    VTRider is Vermont Rider for me, too!
    SimpsoMatt = Simpson Matt
    unceventer = Unk eventer
    Synergystyk = synergy stick
    Biarritz = Bizarre its
    RakPat = Rat Pack

and people seem to always type my name as 'schmon' [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I'm sure there's plenty more, since I always screw up names [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] but that's all I can remember for now!
    "These are my principles. If you do not like them, I have others." --Groucho Marx

Ford gas: triton
    Ford diesel: powerstroke

I have heard the that Ford bought Cummins, but I'm not sure...

I pronounced findeight oddly in my head for a while. Chalk me up for Vermont Rider as well... I still don't know what sbt78lw means, I still see it as Sad But True, 78 Lost Weight... (which i just totally made up in my head)
    1-800

"The tongue weighs less than an ounce but few have the strength to hold it."

"Fool me once, shame, shame on you, fool me twi, you, you can't fool me again."
    ~ Sad day for us Republicans
    \"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats.\"

\"Betwixt the stirrup and the ground, mercy I asked and mercy I found.\"

Though I've never asked, I imagine that sbt78lw is equivalent to: name (sbt being initials), year of birth (78), and horse's name (lw -- 'Lady ____'). Perhaps she'll finally let us in on the secret! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thankfully someone recently typed out "P. Wynn Norman" for pwynnnorman....because my poor brain kept reading it is 'pony-woman' with just far too many extra letters.

New York Horse Rescue

I kept doing the same pony woman thing...
    I also changed my name because I became stupid and kept reading your posts, thinking, I didn't write that? Which is ridiculous because yes they both were a long but real words, and both started with Seren... but really, I should have been able to figure that out, but I finally gave up [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

1-800

"The tongue weighs less than an ounce but few have the strength to hold it."

"Fool me once, shame, shame on you, fool me twi, you, you can't fool me again."
    ~ Sad day for us Republicans
    \"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats.\"

\"Betwixt the stirrup and the ground, mercy I asked and mercy I found.\"

HAHA- I capitalized the UNC so maybe others wont read unkeventer LOL!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Die hard member of the JESSE fan club!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Member of the Disgruntled College Student Clique and the Pony Club Clique
    "on ne sais jamais..."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bentley:
    Someone asked me once if I was named after the (Canadian) Bag and Leather store.... I'm hoping that my precious boy was at least named after one of the most expensive types of car in the world, not some place that sells backpacks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Alixe<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NAH.. not a car, tis a quite fine drinking establishment located in the corner of an opera house in Aspen! This pub parties right out the doors and windows! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

This gets me every time.

Flshgordon - FISH gordon [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    "These are my principles. If you do not like them, I have others." --Groucho Marx

I am STILL convinced that VTrider = Vermont rider, no matter what she says.....

.[/QUOTE]

Me too until that was cleared up for me a few months ago--however, I still see it in my head as Vermont!

As far as PWYNNORMAN, i thought it was a Welsh place name....they always have lots of y's in them [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

The others are pretty straight forward for me to figure out, and I just skip them in a lot of ways.

Don't misunderestimate me. I am a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity.
    Ellipses users clique ...
    TGFPT,HYOOTGP

ok, I'll take the bar answer [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I needed a smile at work today!

lmlacross is my initials ("'L'ea" and "'M'arie") combined with my last name ("LaCross").

Although, I get TONS of people who mistake the first lower case "L" for an "I"-- understandable, I guess.

Llama cross made me think of people playing some version of polocrosse on llamaback.

LML

*MidWest/Chicago Clique*
    *Cripple Clique*

Kachoo - sneeze, then bless you

Lisamarie 8 - what did she eat?

everythingbutwings- not too sure, but makes me hungry

Winglet - i thought you were etbw's kid

A classic is something that everyone wants to have read but no one wants to read
    \"I hope you will grow up to be gentle and good, and never learn bad ways, do your work with good will, lift your feet up well when you trot, and never bite or kick even in play.\"
    -Duchess, Black Beauty, Anna Sewell

Winglet isn't ETBW's kid?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> And thank you to Can't Re-, especially since she posted that she liked my name back in July and I just put her name down as my favorite on the Year End Awards thread, without seeing her post from July.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, you scratch my back I'll scratch yours! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I love Lord Helpus! It's has become a favorite saying of mine.

I also see rakpat as rat pak.

When I see hoodoo, I sing "hoodoo you think you're foolin'" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Ishi makes me think of sushi. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

When I see Dementia 13, I want MargaretF
    back. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

All these name changes, I can hardly remember who Colonel Tavy really is?!?!? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] Lord Helpme..... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Et vera incessu patuit dea. (Aenid I, 405)
    And her stride revealed she was a true goddess.
    ~I LOVE my mare.~
    ---------------
    As is our confidence, so is our capacity. ~W. Hazlitt

Visit our website: Gift Hill Farm and on Facebook

It took me a couple to days to realize that rakpat wasn't actually rat pack - I knew there was something wrong with it, I just didn't know what [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I see VTrider as "vermont rider" too...I'll never get over that one.

lmlacross is also "llama cross"

I have no idea what sbt78lw is but I try to figure it out every time I see it...

SimpsoMatt turns into Matt Simpson, and then I always think of the El Campeon horses from there...

Last night I dreamed I ate a ten pound marshmallow, and when I woke up, the pillow was gone.
    - Tommy Cooper

...and thanks for thinking of me, Colonel Tavy! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Let's see, the ones I butcher are...

dogchushu, I always think "dogchusu," like some new form of karate/judo!
    lmlacross= I'm LaCross
    dikecnadnus= dikenadus
    rakpat= pack rat
    khobstetter is just that: "Khobstetter," not K. Hobstetter
    Linny and Fred: I keep thinking they're both guys! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

~Sara
    *Charter member of the GM Fan Club*
    *Member of the Dirt Divers 78th Airborne Unit, ATH Squadron*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaguar:
    Kachoo - sneeze, then bless you

Lisamarie 8 - what did she eat?

everythingbutwings- not too sure, but makes me hungry

Winglet - i thought you were etbw's kid

A classic is something that everyone wants to have read but no one wants to read<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Winglet IS Everythingbutwings' kid
    Auntie Pat is ETBW's sister
    Proof Set (aka Princess Maddie) owns ETBW
    Mr. Wings is also owned by Proof Set
    and I don't think I have ever seen Wings himself post

"No time to marry, no time to settle down. I'm a young woman and I ain't done runnin' around." - Bessie Smith

Anytime Sarah, lol. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] It took me forever to figure that out (you know, after I read your post explaining it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )!

And you're not the only one - I always think of "Khobstetter".....and lmlacross will always be "llama cross" to me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ...

The entry deadline for the COTH Winter Equestrian Festival is December 11, 2002, at midnight!
    \"Horses change lives. They give our young people confidence and self esteem, they provide peace and tranquility to troubled souls, they give us hope.\"
    - T. Robinson

Winglet ISN'T Etbw's kid?

VTRider isn't Vermont rider??

And everything you guys said, Knob-stetter-, Llama Lacross, but then I decided it was IM Lacrosse (like Instant Message, or I Am)
    Wow.... another one that gets me... is Tucked Away.. it makes me think of a pony we had once named Tucked something... And Kryswn, what does it mean? I love saying it!

*~*~Lauryn*~*~*~
    &lt;3 Justice Served &lt;3
    &lt;3 Nip N Tuck &lt;3
    The entry deadline for the COTH Winter Equestrian Festival is December 11, 2002, at midnight! Send your entries!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by northshore:
    SimpsoMatt turns into Matt Simpson,
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only when the moon is full

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by grayhorse:

hitchinmy = itchy

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haven't you ever gotten out of bed one morning just a tad on the "ouchy" side? That's called having a "hitch in my getalong."

Get it? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

"I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship."
    -Louisa May Alcott
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." ~ Jack Layton