The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Duramax:

You are horse people... you should think of a diesel engine!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny you should bring that up. I was truck shopping with friends the other day and learned that only Dodges have the Cummins diesel engine (Who knew? Not me obviously...). So then I was wondering what kind of diesel engines are in Fords and Chevies. I now know what's in a Chevy!

The Panchen Lama of DQs! (Second only to Velvet, the undisputed Dalai Lama of DQs.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Serendipity:

Whenever I see lisamarie8...I wonder, what happened to the other 7? Has she re-invented herself that many times?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

http://www.nyhr.org <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>]

Someone thinks of me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Awww Serendipity, when one lives as sheltered a life as I it is the little things that make me smile [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

actually, I'm an Elvis Fan (this devotion however is dwarfed by my Bowie Love). Anytime I would register for something it was either Roxee, ldehart, or Lisamarie. LisaMarie won out because that's what just about everyone calls me, but it was always taken. 8 is my favorite number so I stick it at the end cause lisamarie8 is always available.

this worthless knowledge minute has been brought to you by Lisa's ability to ramble

-- Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.

[This message was edited by lisamarie8 on Jul. 16, 2002 at 04:23 PM.]
    ------------------------------
    Life Goes On

Actually when I see Duramax I think of the Energizer bunny. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"Why is it that a woman will ignore homicidal tendencies in a horse, but will be furious at a man for leaving a toilet seat up?"
    My horse's feet are as swift as rolling thunder, He carries me away from all my fears. And when the world threatens to fall asunder, His mane is there to wipe away my tears. ~Bonnie Lewis

(Maybe that's why I can't resist the occassional poke in fun! If she gets mad, what's she gonna do? Kick me? tee hee!)

WHEW! I'm relieved to know that I'm not the only one who sees "llama cross."

Ford has a Triton, Dodge is Cummings, and Chevy is Duramax. Is it any wonder that guys dig pickups? "That's nothing, I'vegot a V-10 Triton."

Four weeks down, two to go...the immobilization brace is off and occupational therapy has begun...After one week, I have half of my normal range of motion back!

I apologize for my typos. But at least I am able to type with two hands again! (Kind of) Thanks for your patience.
    ~This is *way* more fun than doing something productive~

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>LOL flash! Me too!
    (Maybe that's why I can't resist the occassional poke in fun! If she gets mad, what's she gonna do? Kick me? tee hee!)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Squeeeel! **pins ears and bares teeth, swings buttend into stasha**

Actually, that's funny, because I'm not really near the description of a Boss horse at all. Boss Person, maybe [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] And my current mare is the tamest most sublime animal, who only learned this year how to even put her ears back.
    It was the one out of a million UserNames that the board actually accepted back in the technical difficulty days (remember that week? noone could sign in [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] oh the mayhem), and it is fifties slang for a cool car.

dran kittenhard to type with kitten pullingo n hoodie strings
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Big Things Ahead!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

This is where I must thank the Winglet for the excellent name he gave his colt about 4 hours before "Everythingbutwings" was foaled! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Friendship is Love without his wings
    -Lord Byron
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Duramax:
    Oh! The horrors!!

You people are _filthy_... just _filthy_! You are horse people... you should think of a diesel engine!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmmmm, Duramax?? nah, I don't think Duramax and diesal. it's an International under the hood of my bus.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sister:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yd:
    Good to know horsefolks are safety conscious [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Every time, every ride! Oh, that's for the helmet...

_The Panchen Lama of DQs! (Second only to Velvet, the undisputed Dalai Lama of DQs.)_<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

All I can say is OH MYYYY!!!!!!!

TERRI!!!!
    Guess what guys!?!? Schools out! Guess what guys, IM SO HAPPY!!!!!
    ~*From Terri*~

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sister:

You are horse people... you should think of a diesel engine!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny you should bring that up. I was truck shopping with friends the other day and learned that only Dodges have the Cummins diesel engine (Who knew? Not me obviously...). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sister, not so. I pass the Cummins facility north of Denver regularly. You can get RV's Motorcoaches and other very large vehicles with Cummins engines. Every dead bus in the state gets hauled in there for engine transplants....
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

lisamarie8--and I think of Elvis...as in Presley...as in Lisa Marie Presley Jackson. Maybe has something to do with living in the same state as Graceland?

dogchushu - something Chinese [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

hitchinmygetalong - hitching post

Elghund2 - England! never fails [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

BravAddict - Braveheart...Mel Gibson [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Daydream Believer - The Monkeys [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

sbt78lw - S' Blieft, Leslie Howard's horse

VTrider - Vermont rider...

PaisleyRioux - parsley

reefy! - coral [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Inverness - Iverness...I can never
    remember the "n" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

SAS - scary army strike force guys with British Accents [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

findeight - Fin Deight

- "Don't look at your horse....I'll tell you if you fall off."
    - "The base of the jump is your friend and the way you ride you can never have enough friends."
    \"Horses change lives. They give our young people confidence and self esteem, they provide peace and tranquility to troubled souls, they give us hope.\"
    - T. Robinson

I always think Iverness too!! Whenever I see Kachoo I think of someone sneezing...

Oh right! And for Hitchinmygetalong I always see Hitchin-my-gitch-along [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] whats a gitch?

TERRI!!!!
    Guess what guys!?!? Schools out! Guess what guys, IM SO HAPPY!!!!!
    ~*From Terri*~

Oh yeah! I always see "hitchin my getalong". As in harnessing up a cart horse LOL [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

dran kittenhard to type with kitten pullingo n hoodie strings
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Big Things Ahead!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MoReDQthanU:
    Oh right! And for Hitchinmygetalong I always see Hitchin-my-gitch-along [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] whats a gitch?

TERRI!!!!
    Guess what guys!?!? Schools out! Guess what guys, IM SO HAPPY!!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry for the repeat explanation from an earlier thread, but I must explain.

I used to work for an equine vet with a rather "eclectic" clientele. One day the phone rang, and a very "cowboy" voice asked for the doc. I said, "I'm sorry, he's out on calls. Can I take a message?"

His reply? "Tell Doc ol' Sparky (or whatever) has a hitch in his getalong agin."

I passed along the message, and the doc just smiled and said, "Yep, he's stifle's locking up again."

So that is where that came from.

Dogchushu: I have a Jack Russell. Guess what I picture?
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." ~ Jack Layton

can't re= can't read
    beezer= beezie as in patton or now madden
    definitely see Llamas too [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    This is a fun thread [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Keep going you guys, i don't want to kill another one!

~Odin is sold, so it's time to change my name!

~~Redhorse

There's a company called Boss Hoss by me that customizes Harley Davidson (motorcycles for those who don't know). They have a HUGE trailer that they drive around to different shows in the area with Boss Hoss emblazoned on the side in big flames and everything!

Always think of you when I see it! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

~ A bad day at a horse show is still better than a good day at work ~

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by subk:
    lisamarie8--and I think of Elvis...as in Presley...as in Lisa Marie Presley Jackson. Maybe has something to do with living in the same state as Graceland?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, you're right on that one subk [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Just leave off the Jackson part [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Miniwelsh will get all jealous [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

-- Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
    ------------------------------
    Life Goes On

Every time, every ride! Oh, that's for the helmet...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think of MY sister when I see "sister." And only my sis would reply with such a great wisecrack. COTH's sister must be my evil twin mom gave away. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Sister! Are you REALLY a cornhusker????!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Boss Hoss-Bush Hogg (don't ask)
    VTrider-Vermont Rider
    SSS-666 (sorry! I can't help seeing that)
    WestarGirl-Western Girl
    Sister-(I always picture a nun)
    Duramax- Duracel (sp?) battery
    Stasha-Sasha
    Appyhunter-Apple Hunter
    MoreDQthanyou-more Dairy Queen than you
    Hitchinmygetalong- Hitching Post
    Mahlun-Malibu
    BravAddict-Drug Addict (sorry!)
    Herr Poncho- Harry Potter
    Knowonder- SnowWonder
    Luna-Tuna
    MindyMoo- Mister Moose
    FigJam-Toe Jam (gross)
    Hoo Doo- Voo Doo
    Trixie - Pixy (Pixy Stick)
    (I'm sorry if I offended anyone!!! I really am!)

~MP

*Everybody needs to believe in something. I believe I'll go ride my horse*