The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Tracy Freels is still active. She recently attended a funeral "fresh off the van from Florida" (i.e., still in blue jeans).

Sorry, I don't have any more info, except this was in NY.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Iride:
    Brooke Baldwin<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

B. Baldwin-DeGrazia
    Rides, trains, lives in Cross River NY
    Saw her last year at Harrisburg

\"in the wind, and rain, looking for the sun..................\"

yd Alex Hindi the gate/jump crew person? If it's the same, last I heard he was still living in NM. Doesn't do shows anymore.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wtywmn4:
    _yd_ Alex Hindi the gate/jump crew person? If it's the same, last I heard he was still living in NM. Doesn't do shows anymore.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    thanx [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hambone
    Shep
    Gaither Crowder
    David Deutle (sp)
    Gail (Hulick's groom)

Laurie
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lauriep:
    Gaither Crowder<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Married (I was there!), kids, divorced (??)
    Saw him in Florida
    I think he worked for/owned a construction company that built waterfront retaining walls. But I could be WAY off. Brain fuzzy.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Did Karen Healey ever ride with/for Rodney in VA?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>posted by Iride:
    Tracy Freels <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tracy leases our barn/property in Bedford for 9 months of the year and then takes her clients to WEF in the winter. She keeps our place full and I think she has overflow up in North Salem.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yd:
    Sari Burr?

Shelly Stiegler?

Alex Hindi?

Guido _____? (in-gate)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I saw Shelly Stiegler at Em's service and she showed me pictures of her kids. She's the same sweet Shelly, hasn't changed on bit since she had High Noon and Hi Fli. Amazing to see Shelly Stiegler and Karen Nielsen exchanging pictures of their kids. Made me wonder where the time had gone.....

What ever happened to Caitlin Donovan? She used to have all those ponies and now she's like gone!
    ~MP

*If life gives you lemons, throw them at some one!*

Speaking of someone who had lots of ponies and then just disappeared, what became of Elyse Novick and her brother? They trained with Trudy Maxwell and had such nice ponies and one day they just weren't showing anymore.
    I used to be addicted to the Hokey Pokey but then I turned myself around.

Their Dad was involved with some sort of a business scandal and died within a short space of time. Saw Elyse years later awarding a trophy at The National HS but know nothing about Scott.
    Come alive in 2005!

How about Seaweed?

Member and co-founder Thread Killers Anonymous. Self proclaimed fashion police.
    Poindexter, may he rest in peace.

YD - thanks for the update on Brooke Baldwin - I was best friends with her in nursery school and kindergarden before moving to VA and wondered if she was still in NY. She's a beautiful rider and I'm glad to hear she is still at it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hifi:
    How about Seaweed?

Member and co-founder Thread Killers Anonymous. Self proclaimed fashion police.
    Poindexter, may he rest in peace.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seaweed is still opening the gate a a few shows and I believe still works for Jan Lukens in saddlebred land on occasion.

Last I heard of Seaweed, he was working for Randy Johnson in Maryland.
    Please don't try to be a voice of reason. It's way more fun to spin things out of control. #BecauseCOTH - showhorsegallery

Last I heard Seeweed had cancer but it had gone into remission. He is still doing the horses in the MD / Va area from what I understand.

12th floor of the Acme building in a city that knows how to keep it's secrets.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lauriep:

Gail (Hulick's groom)

Laurie<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it's the same Gail, she is living in NC and doing some braiding. She has three kids. The oldest just graduated from high school. The youngest is...ten? Want me to tell her you said hello?

Just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training.

Yes, Midge, if you would. Tell her Balbuco's mom says hi! Also, ask her if she minds my getting her address/email/phone no. so I can let her know when the next reunion is. We had many requests for her to be there! And feel free to share mine with her!

For the newbies, Gail is the one who originated the "as many braids as possible" look on James' horse, Terra Cotta.
    Laurie
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

Gail, "Ollie" Olson, was a huge influence on me when I first began grooming. She was always helpful, did a tremendous job, and I wanted my horses to look as good as hers. Not only was she the first to put in so many braids, she was also the first one whose horses always had bright white bandages, they were spotless. I was in her aisle once, and asked her how she did it. She opened a trunk, and showed me it was full of extra flannels. Of course, it had never occurred to me to bring wraps other than the ones the horses wore to ship to the show. From then on, I did the same, and my horses always had clean wraps as well. I learned SO many tricks from Gail. Like that one, they seem so simple and obvious now, but at the time I knew nothing!