The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cashmere:
    I believe Stephanie Campas got married and is now Stephanie Desiderio. She was teaching in NJ out of Desiderio, Ltd. for a long time. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yep, my research found she's a biggy in the Arabian hunter world. With little Desiderios showing Arab hunters too.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Where are Emily and Katie Wachtel?

Friday bump:

Anyone know what they're doing?

Sue and Sally Coonrad
    Sue Trout
    Tina and Karrie Finkel

(All former jr. riders w/Pat Dodson)

Can someone PLEASE respond about Catherine Winter? I am dying to know where she is--we got in a fight at pony finals 15 years ago and I thought she was just avoiding me!

Also, what about Susan Edwards? Tony Albertson??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yd:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cashmere:
    I believe Stephanie Campas got married and is now Stephanie Desiderio. She was teaching in NJ out of Desiderio, Ltd. for a long time. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yep, my research found she's a biggy in the Arabian hunter world. With little Desiderios showing Arab hunters too.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was stabled next to the Desiderios at the IAHA Region 15 Championships in Lexington, Virginia, this past July. They had lots of kids with them, I think both theirs and their clients. Their whole group was very friendly and pleasant. What struck me in particular was the fact that even though they are big names in the Arabian world, they do their own stall setup, mucking, grooming, etc. I saw Ricky mucking stalls, all of the kids pitch in and help, and so forth. I didn't see anyone that appeared to me to be "the groom" or "the hired hand"--it was one big family affair and everyone did their part. No prima donnas in that bunch!
    Jennifer Thomas Alcott
    Woodville, Virginia
    http://www.theshingleshanty.com

Tony Albertson, last I heard, was in CA helping John French with his barn.. What a nice man Tony is!!

I love Tony, what a nice guy. I was racking my brain the other day trying to think of his last name. Joey Barley was the assistant trainer, right?
    The government is best which governs least.
    -Henry David Thoreau

Joey was his assistant and if I remember correctly he is still working and training in NC.

Somebody asked about "Geralyn" (sp?) - girlfriend of Ronnie Silcox back in the late 70s or early 80s. I think she groomed for Judy Richter and/or Norman Dello Joio.
    Well, it seems she's working for Judy Richter (Coker Farm) in NY.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yd II:
    Somebody asked about "Geralyn" (sp?) - girlfriend of Ronnie Silcox back in the late 70s or early 80s. I think she groomed for Judy Richter and/or Norman Dello Joio.
    Well, it seems she's working for Judy Richter (Coker Farm) in NY.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you kidding?

How about John Buswell?

He died recently. I can't remember exactly when, within the year though.

T-Bird (formerly of Team Traurig) lives in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania or Harrisburg, Pennsylvania or one of those hokie places. (sorry I forget which 'burg).

Some of you may remember T-Bird "forgot" a trunk (all the saddles) for the Jacksonville Grand Prix (wasn't it Jacksonville?) and "forgot" a trunk - at USET headquarters - that had to go to the World Cup finals.

The coffee is REALLY good this morning! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

is also happily married with kids. He drives a truck, locally, and seems very happy. Married to a horse person, can't remember the connection exactly, but she knows Karen.

They will hopefully make it to the next reunion in '04.

Must get busy on that soon!

Laurie
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

Katie Gibbs?? (did the eq, etc. with Don Stewart)

Miranda Scott?

Margaret Stewart?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by commodore:

Miranda Scott?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Head trainer of Meadowbrook Stables out of Chevy Chase, MD.

I saw Margaret Stewart's father at WIHS. Not sure what she is doing though.

Wonder what happened to her horses - she used to win tons with them - Syzgzy(sp?) and Center Court (I think that was its name)?

("Spruce Meadows", "EF Hutton", "Saranac", and she had nice hunter...name escapes me)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Can someone PLEASE respond about Catherine Winter? I am dying to know where she is--we got in a fight at pony finals 15 years ago and I thought she was just avoiding me! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I don't know her, but that is really funny. I just picture two kids at pony finals beating each other up and then one of them going in to hiding. What is this world coming to? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]