The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> posted by yd:
    Laura Swenson?

("Spruce Meadows", "EF Hutton", "Saranac", and she had nice hunter...name escapes me)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Her hunter - name also escapes me - is one of the ones that died in the big fire at Elmwood in South Salem.

Mad, I was going to post the same thing. One of my all time favorite ponies died there as well. Easter Sunday was her name. What a great pony she was. I remember the whole thing like it was yesterday, so sad.

Oh, Capt. Crunch, really? I remember when Easter Sunday was showing. Ellen can'tthinkofthelastname showed the pony?

Wonder what ever happened to Joseph Quattrocchi?

gosh this really brings back the memories - the more I read it, the more people and horses I wonder about.

She was a super pony. We called her Eggie. She belonged to the Pesko's at the time but had numerous owners before them.

Laura Swensons horse was SkyLark or Skylarking think - Barn name of Linus???
    I should remember!!???maybe wrong - I groomed him for a summer !!
    A lot of great horses and ponies were lost in that tragic fire. - did Cookie Monster die there too??......................
    Luv2Jump

davidtsn Guest

A very good frien sent me this link and boy what memories, this is daivid, who used to groom for Leslie and My bud "Albany. It's great to read about everyone.

Easter Sunday - Ellen Ross.

J. Quatrocchi - New Mexico, or somewhere out west? Has written a couple of books I hear.

Syzygy was donated a few years back to one of the college riding teams. Not sure which one. I saw Margaret at WIHS but didn't get a chance to chat with herl.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>posted by luv2jump:
    Laura Swensons horse was SkyLark or Skylarking think - Barn name of Linus???
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Skylarking! And Linus was his barn name. I knew it began with an "S" but all I could think of was Something Else, which I KNEW was wrong - that was Debby Malloy's first Jr. Hunter.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by davidtsn:
    A very good frien sent me this link and boy what memories, this is daivid, who used to groom for Leslie and My bud "Albany. It's great to read about everyone.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Welcome D.S.! Thanks for checking in! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Wow, Skylarking! Good one. I knew I wasn't going to come up with that name and it was driving me crazy.

In DC, working for a nonprofit or a political organization, I can't remember which. I asked my friend on the phone last night after 2 glasses of wine!

So, Alex Trebek, I think it is time for another trivia thread!!

Hmmmm, how can we stump people?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dementia 13:
    So, Alex Trebek, I think it is time for another trivia thread!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yes! Yes! Yes! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] COTH BB Jeopardy!

i was thinking about MOnday Morning today - does anyone know where he went?? is he retired now?? i know when eliza was threw Autumn Farms bought him but after a year with them he dissapeared this was in like 96 or 97 i didn't know if he was still around or not

Cowboy wisdom: "Don't squat with your spurs on."
    Cowboy wisdom: \"Don\'t squat with your spurs on.\"

What about (horses) Overdressed and Osczar? I know Dawn is showing Sagatious but what about Osczar?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by num1train:
    What about (horses) Overdressed and Osczar? I know Dawn is showing Sagatious but what about Osczar?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Overdressed is doing the a/o or a/a hunters with Victoria Clarke. She has owned him for all these years since they got him from Canada and after Holly's last regular year with him, has been showing him too.

My karma ran over your dogma.