The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Corgi at SPCA (Montgomery County PA)

We visited one of the local SPCAs (Montgomery County PA) today and low and behold there was a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. She was turned in a little over a month ago, estimated at 4 years old, spayed red and white female.

We would have put in an app for her but she is recommended to go to a home without other dogs. Seeing as we have 3 Corgis we couldn't take her home. She was very sweet and in good weight. There has to be someone out there that has room in their home and heart for this little girl. Just wanted to pass the word along to any fellow Corgi lovers or anyone looking for a lifetime of love and entertainment

I would be more than willing to help with transport if need be. Snapped a few pics of her at the shelter, just shoot me a PM!

Aww. I'm a corgi person too. Hope she finds a great home with someone who can appreciate her.
    "You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here." ~ Desiderata by Max Ehrmann

Quote Originally Posted by bentleysmom View Post
    We visited one of the local SPCAs (Montgomery County PA) today and low and behold there was a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. She was turned in a little over a month ago, estimated at 4 years old, spayed red and white female.

We would have put in an app for her but she is recommended to go to a home without other dogs. Seeing as we have 3 Corgis we couldn't take her home. She was very sweet and in good weight. There has to be someone out there that has room in their home and heart for this little girl. Just wanted to pass the word along to any fellow Corgi lovers or anyone looking for a lifetime of love and entertainment

I would be more than willing to help with transport if need be. Snapped a few pics of her at the shelter, just shoot me a PM!
    While I would love to take her, I can't but I wanted to let you know that I would be very surprised if she didn't do well in an all Corgi household. I've never met a Corgi that doesn't love another Corgi even if they really don't like other dogs (mine a female included). I am pretty sure Corgis don't look at themselves as dogs hence why they don't mind there own.

I certainly could be wrong but I've seen it many times.

:-)

So far letting COTHers know about available corgis has been quite successful. Comet is now in a great home because of angels on this board. If you can find a way to post photos here, that will probably help. You can also post the information on The Outside Course BB. My 3 corgis and 2 pug mixes send good wishes for this corgi finding the perfect home.

i posted about this dog quite a bit ago, as listing dogs here has been pretty successful..............AND i called a corgi rescue, and they told me they were goingto collect her.......i offered to get her, hold her here if needed........and i STILL see her listed on the spca page...........dunno what the heck is going on........

Tallyho, how long ago was that? We were at the SPCA just yesterday and she was there in the back half of the kennels. When I inquired about her at the desk I was told they are accepting apps on her but that they couldn't tell me how many (if any) apps she currently has. They asked if I'd like to put in an app but I figured if she doesn't enjoy the company of other dogs that she probably wouldn't enjoy being a permanent part of our family.

I figured I'd post here in hopes of reaching out to someone that has a more desirable permanent home for her. I'd also be willing to be a halfway point or foster for her if that helped her out. She did seem very sweet albeit somewhat overwhelmed with the excitement at the shelter (barking, dogs moving around, etc). when approaching the front of the cage she gave us that Corgi smile that melts my heart and leaned right up against the gate waiting for pets.

Thanks for the thoughts and hopes everyone! I've heard this board works some magic and I hope we can help Kay-Dee find a happy place of her own!

Bumping for Kay-Dee

Goodness, isn't she a beauty! I hope she finds her forever family real soon.

Called the shelter today to check in on her and she is still there. I was told again that she is recommended to go to a home where she will be the only dog. I was also told that they do not foster out dogs and one local rescue I've been in contact with told me that the MontCo SPCA doesn't really work with rescues.

Again, I would be willing to help with transport, midway point or even food to get her started. She really was super sweet to us on Saturday and I can't stop thinking about her! Someone has to be looking for their one and only!

She is so cute. Out here (PNW) corgis are rarely found on petfinder/rescues/shelters. If they do come up, they find homes quickly.

Hope this girl finds a good home soon! Over a month in the shelter .