The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

After returning from two days of being at WIHS, I have decided that Clay County MUST be mine! Damn if he isn't the cutest horse in the whole wide world!

If you painted a dorsal stripe on him - you could call him a dun. He goes in a rubber D, no martingale and a big floppy rein, nose poked out! I LOFF him!!!

I sat with my trainer and boyfriend yesterday and tried to convince them that Clay County would be much happier on the East Coast! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Both Carlton Brooks and the horse's amateur owner made the him look like a blast to ride!!!!

Who are some of the top horses that y'all wouldn't mind seeing under your Christmas tree this year?

After returning from two days of being at WIHS, I have decided that Clay County MUST be mine! Damn if he isn't the cutest horse in the whole wide world!

If you painted a dorsal stripe on him - you could call him a dun. He goes in a rubber D, no martingale and a big floppy rein, nose poked out! I LOFF him!!!

I sat with my trainer and boyfriend yesterday and tried to convince them that Clay County would be much happier on the East Coast! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Both Carlton Brooks and the horse's amateur owner made the him look like a blast to ride!!!!

Who are some of the top horses that y'all wouldn't mind seeing under your Christmas tree this year?

I just want Billy to stay sound! Sorry I missed you at WIHS, VT. Were my directions ok or did you end up in the middle of the Potomac? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

"Lord, make me sober . . . but not yet."
    -St. Augustine (sort of)

Apachee - a/a jumper who won the WIHS finals last night!
    (I've always wanted a paint! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img])

"The greatest thing you can do is surprise yourself."
    - Steve Martin

I think Elvis, Bucky Dent, and Keep The Faith would all look nice under my artifical tree.

I don't care what horse it is under mine...I just want one.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

~It's better to be alive then dead~
    ~It\'s better to be alive then dead~

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RzB:
    I think Elvis, Bucky Dent, and Keep The Faith would all look nice under my artifical tree.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have a thing for bays with stars, eh?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Inverness:
    Were my directions ok or did you end up in the middle of the Potomac? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

"Lord, make me sober . . . but not yet."
    -St. Augustine (sort of)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tacoma, Washington, is beautiful this time of year [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

He wasn't at Washington, but I'd take Kindred Spirit in a minute! He is for sale, but out of my price range, which is zero cause I have one horse and can't afford another. His owner, who I know, suggested through a mutual friend that I start buying lottery tickets [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Although VT, I'd probably want Clay County too from the way you describe him!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VTrider:
    After returning from two days of being at WIHS, I have decided that Clay County _MUST_ be mine! Damn if he isn't the cutest horse in the whole wide world!

Who are some of the top horses that y'all wouldn't mind seeing under your Christmas tree this year?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's very sweet...I've never jumped him but I've hacked him for Carlton before and he's great. Emily Williams did really well on him at Capital Challenge.

"Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive." - Van Wilder
    "You can pick your nose and pick your friends, but you can't wipe your friends on the couch."
    \"Don\'t take life too seriously, you\'ll never get out alive.\" - Van Wilder
    \"You can pick your nose and pick your friends, but you can\'t wipe your friends on the couch.\"

Mary Jane King's Accapella, closely followed by her Lyrical and Balladeer........not to mention barnmate Ozcar.

Some A/O string for Rick Francher..........

The Horse World. 2 people, 3 opinions. That's the way it is.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kahuna:
    Apachee - a/a jumper who won the WIHS finals last night!
    (I've always wanted a paint! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img])

- Steve Martin<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Apachee is for sale, or at least could be bought. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Please don't try to be a voice of reason. It's way more fun to spin things out of control. #BecauseCOTH - showhorsegallery

I want Karat! I just saw Erin Stewart ride him in the Jr. jumpers at Harrisburg. He looks FUN!! Plus he's grey [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I want Dekster. He is Large Junior Hunter that wants to be my A/O horse. He is a REALLY dark bay with a lot of chrome and moves well. Although I did have to look twice to make sure he was sound, because one of his stockings comes above the knee and it can trick the eye. I don't care, I'll take the risk that the judge won't look twice

"No time to marry, no time to settle down. I'm a young woman and I ain't done runnin' around." - Bessie Smith

Now I just need some $$ so that I can actually take him to a show [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CoolMeadows: I think Apachee is for sale, or at least could be bought. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I did hear that - time to go out and buy that lottery ticket! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

- Steve Martin

My horse is on my Christmas list!!!!..... she's for sale because i'm at university... people are trying her this weekend... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] I want to keep her forever...

~*Laura & My Lady Chelsea*~

I am sure Ms. Betty Oare wouldn't mind if I took Estrella off her hands.

I think we would be a perfect match.

Remember Me 9

His current owners were offered as much as a sheik pays for a top racehorse yearling. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

i dont know first hand, but from what i've heard, i wouldnt mind having Grappa. maybe a 12 year old Grappa that would never age. I would do everything with him! hunters, jumpers, eq, dressage and eventing