The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Anyone know who the photographer was?
    Against My Better Judgement: A blog about my new FLF OTTB
    Do not buy a Volkswagen. I did and I regret it.
    VW sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by retreadeventer View Post
    I would really like to see some video of the problem areas, the corners and the sunken road complexes...to put some pictures with the comments. does anyone have any?
    I happened across this one on EN:

http://youtu.be/__05tm5LHNA
    If it were easy, everybody would do it.

Equi-Sport Services

PD makes it look so easy!!!!
    It would be so cool if media got involved and we could watch on the TV like Rolex

What happened to Colleen?
    Intermediate Riding Skills

she bounced the sunken road and skirted off the skinny after the up-bank.

CBS actually was there (or was it NBC?), but they were only after Boyd. Boyd on a horse, Boyd getting food, Boyd standing around, Boyd on XC. Sort of funny watching them follow him all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by retreadeventer View Post
    I would really like to see some video of the problem areas, the corners and the sunken road complexes...to put some pictures with the comments. does anyone have any?
    I have a couple pics of the double corners. Will post the link after I get them uploaded!

Quote Originally Posted by amastrike View Post
    Anyone know who the photographer was?
    Shannon Brinkman was the official show photographer. Pics weren't up yet as of this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by faybe View Post
    I happened across this one on EN:

http://youtu.be/__05tm5LHNA
    That's my video!!

What I'm surprised no one has mentioned was Karen's oops at the sunken road. She came in quite fast with Veronica and bounced the SR, which resulted in a runout at the skinny out. She nearly made it and had she not had a scramble getting out of the SR, I think her steering issues might have been non-existent. It was a hell of a way to try to make the best of a bad situation and part of me wishes she'd made it work. The other part of me wishes she hadn't scared a couple years off my life. Here's a pic of her landing in the SR: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

If anyone is interested, here are all of my pics from the weekend. Both albums are viewable to all.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=d20e2d60e0

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=39c2914d39

I haven't started tagging photos or editing. And there are lots of blurry pics in the stadium album. Taking pics one-handed is tricky and by Sunday, I was really struggling. Totally forgot my tripod. Damn broken arms...
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

There were 3 AFR offspring there, A First Romance and Selena O'Hanlon in the *** had a rough start in the dressage. There is an article about it on EN.
    Solo wasn't able to refocus well after that so they decided to withdraw and save his legs for another day.
    Two other babies, both ridden by Lauren Kieffer in Training, Landmark's Ginger Rogers and Landmark's Legendary Romance.

I'm looking forward to seeing any pictures or video.
    A FINE ROMANCE - JC Reg Thoroughbred - GOLD Premium CSHA - ISR/OLDNA Approved
    CSHA Brickenden Stallion Award Winner - for Performance offspring.
    Please visit A Fine Romance on FB!

I watched the Ginger Rogers mare go and was incredibly impressed w her. She is LOVELY!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by HeyJealousy View Post
    I watched the Ginger Rogers mare go and was incredibly impressed w her. She is LOVELY!
    Thank you HJ. She is out of a lovely Hilltop Giotto mare, Gia.
    I just checked the results and saw that LM Legendary Romance (Roma) won her division! A beautiful mare too.

While we're bragging on siblings (not that I get any credit for this, unlike Fred's integral role with the Fred babies) have to give a shout out toTheodore al Coda, 14.2 full sibling to my sweet dude Theodore O'Cassidy and that other Pwynn pony Theodore O'Connor! Coda and Mary Bess Sigman came in 3rd in their Prelim division.

So happy to see Coda kicking butt! What a rockstar!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannette, formerly ponygyrl View Post
    While we're bragging on siblings (not that I get any credit for this, unlike Fred's integral role with the Fred babies) have to give a shout out toTheodore al Coda, 14.2 full sibling to my sweet dude Theodore O'Cassidy and that other Pwynn pony Theodore O'Connor! Coda and Mary Bess Sigman came in 3rd in their Prelim division.
    Well done!!

(ps all I do is ship semen and then wring my hands anxiously on the sidelines- wait for the foals to be born safely and then grow up - I don't do any of the hard work or deserve any of the credit either).

But it does make my day and make me proud to see them out there doing well.....

Cool Eventing is going to have more TV time

The tv network that is following Boyd around is gathering material to use as a "Get -to-Know-the-Athlete" background short piece during the Olympics. So, we now know that there is going to be a focus on eventing. Maybe we will actually get to see more of the competition...
    Intermediate Riding Skills

Here's Boyd and Remi's runout:
    http://youtu.be/s-z63gnRGfc
    In order to think outside the box, one must first know what is in the box.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set...5228629&type=3

Pics of the 2** and 3** cross country. Mostly in and around the water complex, but there are a couple of those double corners being discussed!

Hey, don't forget about Teddy's other brother, Cooper (Foster's Bold Favorite: 3rd in his Prelim division at the Fork).
    Sportponies Unlimited
    Athletic Thoroughbred crosses for the highly motivated, smaller rider.

Is Coda available for breeding?
    Cady O' Daly Farm
    Connemara Sport Horses & Field Hunters

Bright Horse Communications - PR & Marketing