The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Racing? there's an app for that

story:

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/nat...s-now-app.aspx

"Ken and Sue McPeek, winners of the 2002 Turf Publicists of America’s Big Sport of Turfdom Award, announced the launch of Horse Races NOW, an application for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch that provides information and video on races and sends alerts to users when desired horses and connections are entered to race.

“Sue and I felt there was a strong need for a unique app designed to deliver live video and replays of horse races in order to get all the data into the hands of new audiences and experienced horseplayers alike,” trainer Ken McPeek said, “It’s like having the program to every racetrack in the palm of your hand. It alerts the user before, during and after each race with unique sounds via push notifications. I believe fans will love it.”"

app:
    http://www.horseracesnow.com/
    "The ANDROID version of The Coolest Horse Racing App Ever is coming! We’re finishing the specifications of the iPhone version before starting the Android version. There are still iPhone Version 2 modifications being engineered currently and we also wanted time to test the market and popularity before investing in the Android version – and the early reports are encouraging!"

That's so awesome he's been working on that idea for a long time, so cool to see it come to fruition!

Now they just need to hurry up and get the android version going
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

I emailed them after I posted and asked about NYRA races and received this as a reply:

"We are working with NYRA to get the New York tracks, we may just have their video replays, should get an answer soon from them."

I installed it on my iPhone. I keep requesting video from Santa Anita, which I hope comes to fruition soon because it would be really cool. It's a nice little app, looking forward to it becoming so much more if they can pull it off.