The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Asking for votes for Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society

Please vote for us on the GOOD Maker site (you do have to log in, so I understand that not everyone will vote ). You could help the rescue win funds to enable us to help more horses! Please ask your friends to vote as well!

http://jumo-organizations.maker.good.../HelpingHorses

(I try not to ask for help from you all too often.... )
    Visit us at Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society - www.bluebonnetequine.org

Want to get involved in rescue or start your own? Check out How to Start a Horse Rescue - www.howtostartarescue.com

NO!

You need to post more info on why I should support this rescue.

Because they're honest...unlike ARM.

Due dilligence...you can look it all up yourself. Or if supporting it financially, have your attorney check it out. They also very rarely ask for anything.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post

Due dilligence...you can look it all up yourself. Or if supporting it financially, have your attorney check it out. They also very rarely ask for anything.
    1,000 THIS.

I voted.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

Voted!

Quote Originally Posted by Roadapple Cider View Post
    NO!

I think you may have that backwards?

While it makes good sense to check out anyone you may think to donate to, there are plenty of badly managed non-profits out there and some outright scams, the information is out there already and it is up to YOU, the donor, to check them out.

IF that information is not there or you don't like what you find, don't donate (or here, don't vote).

Cowgirljenn's Bluebonnet rescue information is right on her signature:

---"Visit us at Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society - www.bluebonnetequine.org

Want to get involved in rescue or start your own? Check out How to Start a Horse Rescue - www.howtostartarescue.com "---

Quote Originally Posted by Roadapple Cider View Post
    NO!

Wow, that was rude. Honey, you need to do the legwork and your due diligence. If you don't like a rescue, don't contribute.
    The rescue dos its part by making their info available. You do your part by investigating and contributing - or not.

Its not up to other people to give you what you want. If you see something of concern, you need to step up to the plate - with your energy and activities, not your mouth.

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=348199
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ambitious Kate View Post
    Wow, that was rude.
    I almost didn't post after reading some of the recent threads. But I know that there are plenty here who are supportive of the rescue and would help us out - and we're not going to win the contest (and funds) if I don't ask people and make them aware of the contest.

For those who voted, thank you. For those who have supported us over the years, thank you.

For those who wonder who were are, we have a fairly extensive website at http://www.bluebonnetequine.org. It is a little behind right now as we have a wonderful volunteer who is redesigning and updating the site. But there's a lot of info on who we are, what we do, etc.

To summarize, we're a nonprofit horse welfare organization that works with law enforcement, animal control and animal shelters throughout Texas. We are a fostering home program, meaning we don't have a farm or facility yet. We have about 100 volunteers and hold a large fundraising event each October (and I'll be posting more info on COTH about that event plus an upcoming adopt-a-thon over the next few weeks/months).

Again, I appreciate those of you who support us.
    Visit us at Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society - www.bluebonnetequine.org

Want to get involved in rescue or start your own? Check out How to Start a Horse Rescue - www.howtostartarescue.com

VOTED! LOVE this rescue! Jen's good peeps
    Adoring fan of A Fine Romance
    Originally Posted by alicen:
    What serious breeder would think that a horse at that performance level is push button? Even so, that's still a lot of buttons to push.

Where was ARM mentioned prior to your stab at them? As I have stated,I now understand why this cartoon was made.

http://goanimate.com/user/0qBfYJj6hRow

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I voted, though I already knew of this rescue's good name. I don't understand the harsh NO,but I am sure many appreciate the short rescue bio as not all who read this are regular COTH and/or rescue thread readers.

Where was ARM mentioned prior to your stab at them?
    I don't understand the harsh NO,but I am sure many appreciate the short rescue bio as not all who read this are regular COTH and/or rescue thread readers.
    Imagine that, you answered your own question.
    Roadapple was harsh...and not understandably so. As you yourself admit.
    The rescue's bio is right there for anyone interested to read. Also their information is very easily googled. And yet Roadapple, being a very vocal member of a 'crack investigative team' couldn't find the link in the post nor google anything?

And is a very vocal supporter for ARM, a group just caught for illegal operation.

Color me skeptical on Road Apple not being Sour Grapes on her nonsensical and needlessly abrupt reply. It's not like Jenn was even asking for money. Just for votes.

The cartoon...the content has zero to do with this subject. But adorable attempt at a cheap shot. Not enough people pat your head and trot off to check it out after your last attempt to steer everyone that way? Video count didn't go up enough?

FWIW since you seem to see me as famous considering your attempts to have people notice me in the video...it's not overly accurate. I'm not a cryer. But thanks for making me so thin!

As I have stated,I now understand why this cartoon was made.

http://goanimate.com/user/0qBfYJj6hRow
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Imagine that, you answered your own question.
    Roadapple was harsh...and not understandably so. As you yourself admit.
    The rescue's bio is right there for anyone interested to read. Also their information is very easily googled. And yet Roadapple, being a very vocal member of a 'crack investigative team' couldn't find the link in the post nor google anything?

And is a very vocal supporter for ARM, a group just caught for illegal operation.

Color me skeptical on Road Apple not being Sour Grapes on her nonsensical and needlessly abrupt reply. It's not like Jenn was even asking for money. Just for votes.

The cartoon...the content has zero to do with this subject. But adorable attempt at a cheap shot. Not enough people pat your head and trot off to check it out after your last attempt to steer everyone that way? Video count didn't go up enough?

FWIW since you seem to see me as famous considering your attempts to have people notice me in the video...it's not overly accurate. I'm not a cryer. But thanks for making me so thin!

Again I am not the maker of the video,nor do I know any of those involved in the making of it or the controversy it is about. I still do not know what rescue they are alluding to on it. The only person I tried to turn towards the video was you. Again you take a shot at some poster for some past issue you have had with them. You are not the only one I point this out to.

You brought up another rescue just to take a shot at them. That rescue has no bearing on this rescue asking for help.

I don't see why you feel the need to derail this thread by taking a shot at a rescue you dislike.

Okie dokie. If you say so.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

It's very sad to see the petty attitudes expressed by some of the posters here. I'm sure that vicious attack has actually caused many to refuse to even think about casting a vote for that rescue. I guess nobody wants to even guess whether there is a salary involved in that rescue asking for votes, right?

and here we go. Good job MistyBlue.

If the big prize which could be won by soliciting votes is $2500, why doesn't the founder of that rescue just use some of that big salary to match it? That would probably attract a lot more votes!! Win-Win situation.

Quote Originally Posted by 7arabians View Post
    vicious attack
    You keep using those words. I don't think they mean what you think they mean.
    I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right
    Violence doesn't end violence. It extends it. Break the cycle.

Please shelve the bickering and get back to the main topic. If anyone has any specific, pertinent questions to ask of the OP's rescue, feel free to ask...without the dramatics.

Thanks,
    Mod 1

Okay, I'll bite, WhiskeyTangoHelo are you guys talking about??

Jenn is asking for votes, not money. She's been around here for quite awhile. She's answered 'rescue' questions (donation) questions for me, back about a year ago.

She's written a book on rescues. It's votes, people.
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirljenn View Post
    Please vote for us on the GOOD Maker site (you do have to log in, so I understand that not everyone will vote ). You could help the rescue win funds to enable us to help more horses! Please ask your friends to vote as well!

http://jumo-organizations.maker.good.../HelpingHorses

(I try not to ask for help from you all too often.... )
    Good luck!

Thanks for your many informative posts about on-going struggles in TX. Hope the donkey situation gets better not worse!

If anyone has questions, in addition to Cowgirl Jenn's links, search COTH threads. There are many.