The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Auburn: Good news, your jingles are working. She was much better last night with a new shoe and pad. Hopefully she will be sound tonight.

Horsecents: We are in the same division again. For some reason they have me riding at 8 something... way too early for me, but my horse likes early morning ride times!

cindylouwho: Does that mean the Margarator will be working by 9?

Sounds like we'll have a decent weekend for a horse trials! Yeah! Good friends and good times!
    1. Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.

A margarita has lime juice in it. A lime is a fruit, so it makes since that a margarita is the same as fruit juice... So yes, margaritas at 9:00!

Good call Horsecents!

Good luck to you all! It looks to be a great weekend all around!

Nancy

NMK,

Did you buy Coriana? Looking at the results, Florida must have been a blast? Sorry that you will not be here for Spring Bay. We will miss you!
    When in Doubt, let your horse do the Thinking!

Yes, Coriana is mine--so I have girl power now too! We'll see you and catch up at May Daze--good luck this weekend!

How did Spring Bay go today?

anyone know where to find online results for Spring Bay? I have been searching with no luck thanks.

update, apparently they are not online, link on their site is outdated, but my sister's pony is 4th in his division going into the XC phase tmrw hooray!
    Last edited by bizbachfan; Apr. 7, 2012 at 09:26 PM. Reason: added info

It would be soooo nice if the Spring Bay organizers would start using online scoring. It's hard waiting until the horses are untacked and cooled off to hear from friends and DD how their rides went!

XC tomorrow. Heard there is blue water in the water complex this year!

Cindylouwho-Keep my kid away from that Margarator.
    A horse may be coaxed to drink, but a pencil must be lead.

Good luck to all those competing today and I agree online scores is the way to go! Trying to follow this from afar has been excruciating w/o scoring online

My dressage judge just did not care for us, so we were in 8th after dressage.

Since Tess has been dropping rails in SJ, I have been taking some lessons with Cahty W. She warmed me up for SJ and we went double clear. I did not move up.

Today, it started by raining a bit. By the time that I went, the sun had come out but it was still cold out.

Mary Fike designed the cross country course the way that it should be designed. They were galloping, but challenging enough that I moved up to and finished in 4th. I love it when the cross country is the deciding factor on placings. It was not a dressage competition.

Tess must be fit enough, because she took off, just as I was mounting and pulled me off of the mounting block. Then, she proceeded to jump up and down, with a buck thrown in for good measure.

I saw Flight Check, who did her usual wonderful job announcing. horsecents was there, too. I did not see Mudroom to say, "Yes, Master".
    When in Doubt, let your horse do the Thinking!

Congrats Auburn!! My sister's little haffie/paint came in 2nd in his divison.

Default Thank you!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to ALL of the wonderful volunteers that gave up their Easter weekend to help out at Spring Bay! I hope that the sunshine and beautiful horses made your day(s) tolerable!

If you volunteered and I do not have an email address for you, please send me your contact information at madisonridgefarm@bellsouth.net so that I can keep you informed of future volunteer opportunities and updates.

If you would like to be added to the Lexington Series Volunteer database, please send me (Amy Miller) your information to the above email address as well. (Spring Bay, Kentucky Classique, Hagyard Midsouth 3-Day and Team Challenge).

Thanks again!
    If you always do what you've always done- you'll always get what you've always gotten.
    Madison Ridge Farm

Great time and weather at Spring Bay! My horse was so much more rideable in D ring though the score did not reflect my enthusiasm for his obedience.
    We were a little rusty in SJ but he jumped around quite lovely and forward with one rail. Stilts rocked the XC! The course was a great "first time out of the season" ride. Questions were fair and late enough into the course that you had a chance to get the cobwebs knocked off. We jumped around clean with some time penalties, my horse had a lovely rhythm going and not once kicked into racehorse mode. I was riding with 5 stitches in my left ring finger after slicing it the day before so I was so thankful to ride at all! Finished 6th in out T division.
    1. Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.

Horsecents will no longer be allowed to take her own horse's braids out. Or at least she won't be allowed to open the stitch ripper while talking.

secretariat: I swear that I wasn't drinking at the time.

The medics did an excellent job stopping the bleeding and prepping it so I could go to the Trauma Center to have it stitched.

Oh my goodness!!! (note to self, be careful with seam ripper!!)

I have to say, I have a really really great horse. He is such a good guy and has mentally matured a lot since last spring. He just keeps getting better and better.

I on the other hand need some work. I've had this horse for a close to a year and a half and I feel like I'm still not used to how much bigger he is than my last/past horses (who have all been quite small).

Dressage didn't score well because it really wasn't supposed to have as much cantering as my test did, whoops. But! even though there was a lot of changing of gait, still accomplished what we've been working on, which is keeping his weight from rolling forward and him falling on the forehand. Working on that and doing dressage test in a box in a place he'd never been before proved to just be a little much, but he tried really hard. Now to find a dressage show!

Staduim, ummm well... we jumped clear, there were a couple nice pictures. I can't really tell you wanted happened bc my coach literally kicked my ass in the warmup (I was a little rusty.... ugh) we went into the ring, jumped the course, I kept it together, don't really remember what happened, I think my horse was on one lead the entire time, even through the roll back turns.

Cross Country.
    I forgot to "Yes Sir" mudroom when I said hi to him!
    My Horse, once again was awesome. The first half of the course I rode him well, he jumped super well. He is so great. Then I just ran out of steam during the second half. (I am so incredibly mad AND frustrated with myself!!! I'm not sure why I ran out of steam! I am very active person, used to constant work, little sleep etc! ughhh) So, I started riding less than well, horse started jumping as well, we had a stop at the water--completely my fault, and then had some time.

I was going to stay and school afterwards, but I still wasn't feeling like my normal self after all of our horses were finished going...

We were considering moving up to training if this HT went well...I think instead, we are going to do the N3D at IEA.
    -Chelsie
    "Hell yes I can ride. I was riding when I fell off!"

Love the reports! And even though I wasn't there I do commend the volunteers on an Easter weekend giving their time.