The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Texas Rose - Prelim

Did anybody ride the prelim course this past week-end? We're looking to move up this summer and this might be a possibility.

It's fairly straight forward some well presented skinnys and corners. The time is tight as the course is fairly short (4 mins 58 secs)
    For all your dog needs visit:
    www.milliondollarmutt.com

Thanks. Gallopy with a few technical fences or twisty and technical? I've seen a few pictures - it looks a little hilly, which might make a difference on conditioning, particularly for a June event?

I moved my horse up to prelim there last weekend. I would agree with Angela - straightforward - no ditches, no banks (except the water), but the big questions were: the water was pretty hard, there were 2 big corners, and offset rolltops that could be ridden in 2 strides, but were flagged so you could circle in between. Its more gallopy than twisty FOR SURE. It is basically just a big lefthand loop around the field. You're right, its more hilly than anywhere in the area, but the course is very short.

I thought it was a great place to move up - as long as you aren't too concerned about making the time.

Show jumping is always HARD at Texas Rose, so think about that, too. There were a few refusals at prelim and many rails.

Great intel, thanks. We're used to Poplar Place, which has a lot of terrain changes so that should not be a big problem. Sounds like a great place to show - maybe we'll go west rather than east since we're just about in the middle.